Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/17/2002  9:43 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/3230134p-4262605c.html

read the article first

Now this is what I'm hoping for. Sac, a small town team is looking at a big cut on the financial side of the NBA since they've already hit that luxury tax mark next season WITHOUT a resigned Bibby. In come the Knicks with Ward, not a swell player to look at but WITH a 6 million deal that ends with a 100k buyout. In return the Knicks could get Hedo + Funderburke or Christie (+ his sign signal challenged wife). Knicks would still be looking at the luxury tax but could grab a big talent for Ward, gotta love that luxury tax.

If NYK brass were hip they could get something done at draft day and get the sac's last first rounder out of it as well.

AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/17/2002  12:42 PM
No way the Kings do that. A player on the rise for Ward so they could back up Bibby? That makes no sense for them, or maybe I don't understand where you're coming from. I think it's the latter because you always know what you're talking about.

You're saying for them to not resign Bibby and then trade for Ward or no?
#Knickstaps
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/17/2002  12:45 PM
I wouldn't bee surprised if the Kings made one more run at the title before worrying about the luxury tax situation. Small market or not the Maloof brothers have a boat load of money....and I think they want a champtionship more than they care about the money. I can't see them trading any of their core players.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/17/2002  1:34 PM
Well that's what is so interesting about that article. Look, the Kings are looking at 53,516,093 without a resigned Bibby and that first round draftee. While surely they'll want to keep their core together the question asked is, are the maloofs willing to spend close to 17 million per year on Bibby? Bibby has become one of if not THE most important part of the team and surely they'll want to resign him (and with Falk as an agent you'l know it will be very close to the maximum).

Without Bibby resigned they're hovering close to the luxury tax border, so it's practically whatever they sign Bibby to they'll have to spend that amount on luxury tax as well. Sacramento is a very small market and 17 mil is alot of money.

Solution, trade someone of your roster for an ending contract and in comes the trusted Rev Chollie as a solution. Just a thought guys, nothing more. I really like the fact that this changed NBA environment gives the strapped n capped out Knicks a relief for a change with the possible high trade value for Ward just because he's in the last year of his contract (through the 100k buyout) that could get a really good player over here.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/18/2002  2:48 PM
You seem to be forgetting, that the SAC market has grown considerably because of their run in the playoffs this year. Maybe they only make X amount off of ticket sales in SAC but off of the marketing and selling of merchandise they can more than make up for the costs of resigning Bibby and others. They would be crazy not to.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
6/18/2002  3:29 PM
Welcome OasisBU - and you are right on the money. Sac is in the big time now, and will be picking up a lot more interest in upper California.
The Old Man of UK...
Sacramento tactics

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy