[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anderson vs. Rice
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/13/2001  9:27 PM
Whos better for our team, Shandon Anderson or Glen Rice? As of right now, i believe Rice is a better player, but Anderson fits our team better. On top of that, Rice has seen his best days and Anderson's are yet to come. I feel Anderson will fit our team better because he doesn't demand as many shots as Rice and is obviously a better team player. Anderson is the type of guy that will do his job and leave the scoring to the big guns. Thats what i like about him. He will give us well-rounded, consistent numbers in about 20 minutes a game. On top of that, Howard Eisley is an upgrade over Ward and could be over Jackson in the future. Like Anderson, his best days are yet to come and he should improve in JVG's system.

With Ward on the block, we have a lot of options. The best players we could get for Ward are Brad Miller(our best choice), Adonal Foyle, Greg Ostertag(they really need a point guard), Matt Geiger(but i don't want his contract, Jahiti White, and Micheal Doleac. Trading Harrington and Knight also have to be priorities, either in a Ward trade or for draft pick/s. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/13/2001  9:35 PM
good assessment: Anderson is used to coming off the bench, or rather, is a better role player. Rice has been the focus of the offense on his former teams and it didn't seem like his ego would allow him to "fit in" since. Championship teams always need young players who know their roles; Anderson is one of them and Eisley is another.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/13/2001  9:59 PM
good point. right now Rice is a better shooter than Anderson and may always be, but we will have shooting with Houston one of the games best and Eisley is a good shooter also. Anderson would be the kind of guy that can come in a game score 13 points grab 6 boards and play great D on the other teams best player. thats what we need! Rice when he didn't hit the open shot offered little else. Its all about chemistry and fitting team needs. with this trade the knicks have gotten younger and taken a step in the right direction...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/14/2001  9:10 AM
Posted by tkf:

good point. right now Rice is a better shooter than Anderson and may always be, but we will have shooting with Houston one of the games best and Eisley is a good shooter also. Anderson would be the kind of guy that can come in a game score 13 points grab 6 boards and play great D on the other teams best player. thats what we need! Rice when he didn't hit the open shot offered little else. Its all about chemistry and fitting team needs. with this trade the knicks have gotten younger and taken a step in the right direction...
I wonder if Anderson can shut down VC like Latrell did...
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/14/2001  9:37 AM
I wonder if Anderson can shut down VC like Latrell did...

That reminds me of a positive for Anderson. I think JVG was scared to take Spree out of the lineup last year for any extended time because the combination of Allan and Rice defending at the 2 and 3 left us really vulnerable. While I do think that Rice held his own defensively, you couldn't call on either of the two to shut down another offensive superstar. Spree should be able to get some more rest next year.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
8/14/2001  11:11 AM
Sprewell and Houston can get more rest, but at the same time increase their scoring averages. Anderson will not demand many shots and will just do his job. I don't care if he doesn't score at all, but if he does a good job defensively and allows our scorers to score, then we will be in very good shape.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/14/2001  12:41 PM
Anderson can also help out guarding Jordan.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/081201/12ianforweb.html
PURE KNICKS LOVE
nyknyg
Member: #77
USA
8/14/2001  12:57 PM
jordon will probably be ****tty in his first game, but the knicks need to pull off some trades though. with the wizards first round draft pick as a center, jahadi white not really used, we should get him. but get the big guns, like rasheed wallace if portland will let. they should at least try and talk. why would you want two starting sg's, one at 6'5 starting at small foward (sprewell). if you can trade sprewell and thomas/whoever (no camby, no houston, at most 1 draft pick) in return for an allstar, soon to be superstar, then do it. camby, wallace, _________, houston, eisley (trade jackson. the _________ can be LJ, weatherspoon, or anderson
NyC, LeS NyG, NyK
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/14/2001  1:15 PM
Posted by nyknyg:

jordon will probably be ****tty in his first game

I keep getting flashbacks of a double nickle and retro sneakers. Don't count Jordon out. The Wiz may suck, but the stage is too big for Jordon to disappoint.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/29/2019  6:35 PM
Knixkik...kudos man...almost 18 years of posting! that's gotta be some kind of record
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/29/2019  8:09 PM
Oh yes the never ending of flipping bad contracts for worse ones
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/29/2019  9:41 PM
Wow didn’t realize this was bumped. I thought TKF was back. Caseloads still posts here as well.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
USA
1/30/2019  1:33 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Knixkik...kudos man...almost 18 years of posting! that's gotta be some kind of record

Thanks. I have been here for more than half my life. That’s a crazy thought.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/30/2019  8:57 AM
Ahh the good old days of when it seemed to make sense touting the finer points of ShandonEiselySpoon...
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/30/2019  9:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2019  9:57 AM
jrodmc wrote:Ahh the good old days of when it seemed to make sense touting the finer points of ShandonEiselySpoon...

Its like looking at the bottom of the dump.
And it was not the bottom and we fall much lower since.
Trying to collect the bones...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
1/30/2019  10:13 AM
jrodmc wrote:Ahh the good old days of when it seemed to make sense touting the finer points of ShandonEiselySpoon...

I moved over to this site the day it was create because a few people did from another forum that was fizzling out around the same time. I can't remember the name for the life of me. I remember some guy was on the site and had legit connections and seem to hit on a couple of moves. His username is on the tip of my brain. I am going think hard to remember the site, it's driving me crazy. Just a generic knicks fan forum.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/30/2019  10:19 AM

Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon.
But only Eisley...still on the Knicks bench!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/30/2019  3:48 PM

I believe you meant Shanvis Eisleyspoon. Please get it right next time.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/30/2019  3:58 PM
Who is Jordon?
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/31/2019  9:45 AM
Sambakick wrote:Who is Jordon?

Just shows you that not being able to spell players' names is a UK tradition that goes back to the very beginning.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Anderson vs. Rice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy