Member: #255
6/14/2002  3:06 AM
New york trades: Alan Houston #36
Receives: Greg Ostertag plus fillers and #19 pick

Utah trades: Ostertag #19 pick
Receives: Keith Vanhorn plus fillers #36

New Jersey trades: Vanhorn plus filler
Receives: Alan Houston

Why it works for NY: They get rid of Houston so Spree goes gack to natural position. Ostertag starts at center moving Camby back to his natural position. Can use pic on Woods or Butler

Why it works for Utah: They get rid of Ostertag (who Sloan seems to hate) Plus they get Vanhorn whom they coveted since he played for the Utes.

Why it works for NJ: They get rid of Vanhorn who seem to choke in the Laker series and who I think is going to have probelms with Martin. An they get a guy who can hit the shot under pressure (ala Miami series) eventhought he plays no defence but neither does Vanhorn
AUTOADVERT
VG
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #68
Australia
6/14/2002  3:53 AM
I don't think New Jersey would do this. They've already committed a big salary to Kerry Kittles...
prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/14/2002  8:48 AM
I dont know if Jersey does it either but a team on the brink that realizes its deficiencies I dont know maybe. Eventhough they commited to kittles you got to beleive the idea of having a real outside shooter like Houston maybe at least intriguing. With J kid in the last year of his contract you how he is gonna bring it and also K Mart is gonna continue to develope into the "Beast of the East" cause he has the right kind of attitude that old "KNICK ATTITUDE". But on the other hand I would be thrilled to get rid of Houstons contract but for Ostertag man I dont know.
knicker for life
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/14/2002  9:29 AM
Well I don't think they'll trade Ostertag, him donating the kidney to his little sister and all, but he is in the last two years of his contract so it would alleviate some cap and he could be useful as a center (he performed well in the playoffs).
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/14/2002  10:48 AM
I heard Houston to the Timberwolves for Wally and Marc Jackson. Twolves want to get rid of Jackson's contract and Wally has problems with their francise player Garnett. I think this deal would be sweet if the Knicks manage to get it done.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/15/2002  12:28 PM
Posted by Vmart:

I heard Houston to the Timberwolves for Wally and Marc Jackson. Twolves want to get rid of Jackson's contract and Wally has problems with their francise player Garnett. I think this deal would be sweet if the Knicks manage to get it done.

The trades that you have proposed are fair. They are reasonable. There are some salary cap implications but overall, they are reasonable.
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
6/15/2002  2:41 PM
Houston for MArc Jackson and Wally??? WOW. That would be wonderful for us. The 3 way was pretty good. We get size and get rid of Houston's contract. Tag isnt very good but he can board and give us a presence in the lane and it would be a good start to rebuilding by saying goodbye to the 100 million dollar sharpshooter who doesnt rebound or play D.
NUMBER20
Member: #220
6/16/2002  2:15 AM
Look houston aint going anywhere ok dont you people know this. Allan and Spree are not going anywhere ok
Knicks Trade to get rid of Houston big contract

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy