[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

tidbit from Layden's chat
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/13/2002  6:09 PM
Scott Layden: Each year there's a lot of tough decisions to make going into the draft. We have our scouts out looking at players around the world to determine which players are the best fit for our organization. Many factors go into that: how tough players are, how skilled they are, what type of character they have. What conference they come to and what type of compeition they play against. We look at everything. We look at statistics. Then we make the decision on the information we have. When we go into the draft, we have studied and restudied all the things we've compiled over the years. Having the seventh pick this year is a bit of pressure because it's so important to the franchise. But we're excited.

Ok if this is true, then why
Brooklyn: Apart from Yao Ming, what other centers are you considering?

Scott Layden: There are a lot of big players in this draft, players that have played power forward and maybe some center in college. Like Chris Wilcox, Drew Gooden, Chris Borchard, Nikoloz Tskatihvili, Jared Jeffries, Amare Stottlemire, Melvin Ely. They're a lot of players we've looked at, and we're trying to narrow our list down.

Oh my gawd, Stottlemire? Oy you mean Stoudemire you Mormon. Borchard? Oy, forgot the T at the end did you? Tskatihvili? It's Tskitishvili, like if you really scouted this guy over and over again you would have to know this you mormon.

Oh wait, I should be happy about this, if he can't even write their names right he's not really studying them, while it's a shame re: Tskitishvili I won't cry over Borchardt (and Stoudemire is clearly a pick below the #7)

AUTOADVERT
VG
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #68
Australia
6/13/2002  8:44 PM
lol@stottlemire.
nykfan37
Member: #118
6/13/2002  8:54 PM
It's also Curtis, not Chris
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/13/2002  9:00 PM
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Absolutely phenomenal. Just mindboggling. HOW DOES THIS MAN HAVE A JOB?
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/13/2002  9:56 PM
Good sign:

Jared (Wyckoff, NJ): Do you feel Dajuan Wagner could lead the Knicks? Would you pick him if he was available over a big man?

Scott Layden: At this time, we haven't narrowed our list to know who we're going to pick. But Wagner is high on our list. He's a dynamic player. He's strong. He's someone that will come in and do very well right away because he is such a dominant player with his ability to score. He is someone that we're considering. Right now, we're looking at the seventh pick and will take the best player available. So he is someone we're considering strongly.
#Knickstaps
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
6/13/2002  10:42 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Good sign:

Jared (Wyckoff, NJ): Do you feel Dajuan Wagner could lead the Knicks? Would you pick him if he was available over a big man?

Scott Layden: At this time, we haven't narrowed our list to know who we're going to pick. But Wagner is high on our list. He's a dynamic player. He's strong. He's someone that will come in and do very well right away because he is such a dominant player with his ability to score. He is someone that we're considering. Right now, we're looking at the seventh pick and will take the best player available. So he is someone we're considering strongly.

That is a good sign. Id love Wilcox,Hillario,Butler etc.. But id be most EXCITED if we select Dajuan and ONLY.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/14/2002  4:09 AM
Ah well I just have to wonder what Layden considers the best talent available.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/14/2002  9:21 AM
That is too funny.....I guess Layden is really doing his homework.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knick2001
Member: #83
6/14/2002  12:53 PM
As I've said before, Layden is a boy among men when it comes to his fellow NBA GMs. I'll never forget some of the quotes by other GMs at the last NBA trading deadline, where they couldn't believe the one-sided junk trade proposals he was sending out to other teams. All he has done so far is saddle the Knick roster with more unmovable players.

God, he can't screw up at the 7th spot...can he? Oh wait...this just in...the Knicks select Chris Wilcox with the 7th pick and subsequently trade him to Portland for Scottie Pipen, because as Layden and Dolan believe, we are only ONE player away from making the playoffs!
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/14/2002  2:14 PM
They never answer the question with meaning, it just one general answer over and over. I don't even think Layden was at the other end answering questions. He didn't even answer my question I guess it was to deep for him or I might have hurt his feeling.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
6/14/2002  5:45 PM

Scott Layden: There are a lot of big players in this draft, players that have played power forward and maybe some center in college. Like Chris Wilcox, Drew Gooden, Chris Borchard, Nikoloz Tskatihvili, Jared Jeffries, Amare Stottlemire, Melvin Ely. They're a lot of players we've looked at, and we're trying to narrow our list down.

He didn't even mention Hilario.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/15/2002  12:02 PM
Posted by LJ2:

He didn't even mention Hilario.

I caught that to. I think he is going to be our pick that is why he didn't mention him.
tidbit from Layden's chat

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy