Wilcox Update
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/13/2002  11:46 AM
small nugget from Insider:

Chris Wilcox had an impressive workout in Chicago Wednesday, two team sources sources who attended the workout told Insider.

"His athleticism and strength for his size is so impressive," one league executive said. "But we knew that. He's really been working on his shooting. I think that is what was most impressive today. If he keeps shooting the ball like that, he'll go real high."

Wilcox has decided to forego private workouts and instead do three general workouts for NBA teams. His first one was Wednesday in Chicago. Next up is a workout in New York Saturday.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/13/2002  1:38 PM
In my opinion it will come down to him and Nene. Who is better? Both are athletic, raw, and big. Hilario is slightly bigger and more capable of playing center which is why he has the advantage right now, but i'm really excited to see how Wilcox does in the New York workout.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/13/2002  2:58 PM
Posted by martin:

small nugget from Insider:

Chris Wilcox had an impressive workout in Chicago Wednesday, two team sources sources who attended the workout told Insider.

"His athleticism and strength for his size is so impressive," one league executive said. "But we knew that. He's really been working on his shooting. I think that is what was most impressive today. If he keeps shooting the ball like that, he'll go real high."

Wilcox has decided to forego private workouts and instead do three general workouts for NBA teams. His first one was Wednesday in Chicago. Next up is a workout in New York Saturday.

It would be a sad day if the Knicks picked Wilcox over Hilario. Another undersized Power forward he is 6'9 1/2" 220. He would get eaten up by some of the players in the league. The Knicks would have to send him to gain weight along with Camby. There are small forwards bigger than him.
Knixkik
USA
6/13/2002  3:31 PM
It would be a sad day if the Knicks picked Wilcox over Hilario. Another undersized Power forward he is 6'9 1/2" 220. He would get eaten up by some of the players in the league. The Knicks would have to send him to gain weight along with Camby. There are small forwards bigger than him.
You don't know for sure if it would be a mistake. Wilcox may seem undersized, but he really isn't. He's only 220 now, but his frame will allow him to gain 20 to 30 pounds in the future, like Nene did. My bet is Wilcox will weigh in more than predicted at his last workout. I would take either of those players right now. There's no question Hilario has the size advantage, but both are built the same and Wilcox showed in his last workout he's a lot more versatile than everyone thought because he can hit the mid-range jumper. It doesn't matter which we pick because we'll be comparing the two for a long time. But i have to agree with you right now Nene has the edge, but we don't know what kind of impression Wilcox will make in New York on saturday.
Vmart
USA
6/13/2002  3:40 PM
Have you looked at the latest nbadraft.net they have Hilario going at 6th to Cleveland. Wilcox has dropped to 9th overall. I really hope Cleveland takes Wilcox so as to make the decision for us.
Knick2001
Member: #83
6/13/2002  6:03 PM
I think it's too early to make the decision on Wilcox or Hilario. At this point I would be happy either, but lets see how Wilcox looks in his next two workouts.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/13/2002  8:40 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

I think it's too early to make the decision on Wilcox or Hilario. At this point I would be happy either, but lets see how Wilcox looks in his next two workouts.

Yeah let's wait and see but I must admit I'd pick Hilario over Wilcox in a heartbeat...
Knixkik
USA
6/14/2002  10:49 AM
Posted by Knick2001:

My thoughts exactly. You can't choose between the two until you've seen both in action. We've heard about Nene putting on a good show and now Wilcox must do the same.
Knixkik
USA
6/14/2002  9:51 PM
nbadraft.net has Wilcox going to us again. They have Hilario dropping to Phoenix's 9th pick. I love Nene and he sounds like a better player than Wilcox, but there's still something about Wilcox that makes me really want to draft him. At 6-10 220 he's smaller than Nene, but a better athlete and scouts are really impressed with how he is shooting the ball. I think he will put on a nice show at the Garden tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how things pan out. I think it should come down to choosing between Wilcox and Hilario no matter what.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/16/2002  7:39 AM
Knicks were more than impressed with Wilcox. People said he has worked on his game since winning the ncaa championship. He has noticably has been working on his shot. Knicks were wowed as he dominated in workouts on good college players. Wilcox people origally wanted him to workout against Drew Gooden. I dont blame Drew. Thats like Iverson begging to D up Shaq which is crazy. Getting him would be good. That make Kurt expendable who has reasonable trade value. Ca,by would have the post up player to compliment him or vice-versa. Knicks can get a decent package for Spree and Kurt.

Maybe you can do this afterwards:

Tom Gugliotta + Shawn Marion
for
Latrell Sprewell + Kurt Thomas
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/16/2002  7:53 AM
I don't think the suns will trade Marion, but you never know.

I'd rather trade KT + Spree to the Cavs for 'Dre + ?
Knick2001
Member: #83
6/16/2002  9:52 AM
Wilcox was impressive in his workout at the Garden yesterday. Like I said before, the jury was on out Wilcox because he couldn't workout before, but it appears he soldifys his spot in the top 1-7 draft spots. According to the NY Post, the Knicks are preparing to work a deal with the Cavs to move up to the 6th spot to get him.
Knixkik
USA
6/16/2002  10:31 AM
The kid just blew everyone away at the workout. I think we really need Wilcox. There's no question if he's there the Knicks will take him. He showed a great low post game and a decent mid range shot. Not to mention he will be one of the most athletic player in the NBA next season, period.
Vmart
USA
6/16/2002  11:15 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

The kid just blew everyone away at the workout. I think we really need Wilcox. There's no question if he's there the Knicks will take him. He showed a great low post game and a decent mid range shot. Not to mention he will be one of the most athletic player in the NBA next season, period.

The fact they like Wilcox makes me want them to take Nene Hilario even more. Lets face it Wilcox is going to be a good player but the Knicks don't need another Powerforward. If Nene can play center I would take him in a heartbeat I still think he will be the better player. Though Wilcox had a good work out his Jumper was still suspect as he has range only out to 14 feet. His post game was good but his competition at the work out consisted of other college players that are already a few notches below him. I still have to go with Nene because I have seen Wilcox play and was not to impressed.
Vmart
USA
6/16/2002  11:17 AM
Posted by Knick2001:

Wilcox was impressive in his workout at the Garden yesterday. Like I said before, the jury was on out Wilcox because he couldn't workout before, but it appears he soldifys his spot in the top 1-7 draft spots. According to the NY Post, the Knicks are preparing to work a deal with the Cavs to move up to the 6th spot to get him.

I hope the Knicks don't do that They can get the same type of player with the 7th. It would be a boneheaded move.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/16/2002  12:33 PM
must read

http://www.msgnetwork.com/fans/personality.cfm?name=popper&cont_id=111803&subnav_key=nba_nyk
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/16/2002  1:29 PM
I'd love for the Knicks get Wilcox at 7, and then Parker with 36. The first 3 are definitely going to be Ming, Williams, and Dunleavy in one way or the other. Then from the Grizzlies at 4 to the Cavs at 6, the Knicks need Dajuan Wagner, Caron Butler, Drew Gooden, and Nickoloz Tskitisvili to go in some order, leaving Wilcox for the Knicks.

Wilcox and Parker would solidify the Knicks for this year, you could trade Ward since there have been some rumors to Minnesota or New Jersey, and then have:
Jackson, Eisley, and Parker rotating at point
Houston, Sprewell, and Anderson rotating between the 2 and 3 (does anyone think Postell will resign?)
Thomas, Wilcox, Harrington, Camby rotating between the 4 and 5

That's a pretty good start to the "remain fairly competitive while rebuilding" process. Probably not good enough to make the playoffs, but around the 10 or 11th in the east.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
6/16/2002  3:06 PM
We have to look at it like this.

First pick to Houston is definitely Yao Ming.

Second pick to Chicago is Jay Williams.

Third pick to Golden State will most likely be Dunleavy.

Those three picks are pretty much set.

With the 4th pick i think Memphis likes Gooden the most, but will consider Wagner and Butler and maybe even Wilcox and Tskitishvili.

If Gooden goes to Memphis, Denver will take Butler with the 5th pick and might look at Wagner, but it will be Butler.

Who we get rides on Cleveland's pick. They will likely take either Wilcox or Wagner and which ever one they don't, we will likely select with the 7th pick. The Knicks will also consider Borchardt and Hilario, but i think it's going to be Wilcox or Wagner which is a pretty good situation to be in.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/16/2002  3:32 PM
What do you mean we dont need a PF. Were u watching the same knicks I watched last year. Our PF's played like a bunch ouf scared girls. Sure have too many. You can kiss Harrington goodbye. Harrington has a good contract and is a lightning rod off the bench. Kurt is also a decent trade commodity ( not worth alot but can enhance a trade tremdously).

Knicks need to get a PG badly. If we can get Darryl Armstrong I would be extremely happy.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Wilcox Update

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy