[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

James Jones took 318 shots last year of which 166 were 3s
Author Thread
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
8/18/2005  2:51 PM
Briggs calm down. You're the same one who was BEGGING for that 2nd string SF from Denver. Someone help me with his name. He was a free agent about 2 offseasons ago.

Point is, we need defense. If this guy provides I am totally behind giving him an opportunity.

Lee Nailon can score from anywhere on the floor. But he cannot defend. If Jones is like that then I'll pass. But if he can defend the 2,3 and/or 4 I have no problem with guy. Doesn't matter how many 3's he took on other teams. When you play for LB you won't be chucking up 3's all day long anyway. Only when warrented.

What the hell is that guy's name from Denver you wanted so bad Briggs? Can't think of his name for the life of me. Hint: he threw up on the Garden court once....like 3 seasons ago.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/18/2005  2:52 PM
Posted by simrud:

I don't really care what he shoots if he is a good defender.

Nothing wrong with having a guy who can defend 3 positions and shoot the open 3. Question is can he defend? If there is a chance he can, then the LLE is worth finding out isnt it? He could fit into the Larry Brown system easily if he can defend and hit open tryes. Next thing you know he will be starting with Ariza backing him up and TT will be shipped out for something or just cut.

very average defender who lacks lateral speed and athletiscm. again a team like indiana would MATCH//// have signed already Jones if he was a really good player, or a really good defender etc.... he had a few moments when the team had 6 guys, other than that he wasnt much but a spot up shooter.
it makes sense, indiana will let him go on the cheap because hes the next bruce bowen think about it. hes VERY average except for his spot up 3s
RIP Crushalot😞
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
8/18/2005  2:56 PM
^ Actually, Indy fans on Realgm seem to think that he has the potential to be a very solid defender, and can guard 2-3 positions. They also said he was clutch during stretches when Steve Jax was out, and is a solid shooter.

The reason Indy might not match is b/c they don't want to add unnessecary salary, especially when Granger, who will be making a ROOKIE wage, can replace him in the rotation...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 08-18-2005 2:58 PM]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/18/2005  2:58 PM
Well what you say certinaly makes sense BRIGGS, but they also have a lot of deapth at SF.

They have Artest who is a 1st team defense guy, and they just drafted Granger, who they must play as he can be very very good, so at SF they are stacked.

James' primary position is SF, at least in the pros. Why would they match a full LLE offer 3 years long to have thise guy be their 3rd string SF? Because he is not going to playo ver Stephen Jackson and that Lithianian guy they just got at the 2. At the 4, O'Neal will get most of the time, and Pollard is much bigger and more capable of giving them waht they want as a backup 4.

Indy is about 100 times deeper then us at every position, a guy who can't crack their rotation actually has a chance to help us out. Its a lot different when you have to beat out Gazy and Ariza for palying time instead of Artest and a projected mid lottery pick.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/18/2005  3:01 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Briggs calm down. You're the same one who was BEGGING for that 2nd string SF from Denver. Someone help me with his name. He was a free agent about 2 offseasons ago.

Point is, we need defense. If this guy provides I am totally behind giving him an opportunity.

Lee Nailon can score from anywhere on the floor. But he cannot defend. If Jones is like that then I'll pass. But if he can defend the 2,3 and/or 4 I have no problem with guy. Doesn't matter how many 3's he took on other teams. When you play for LB you won't be chucking up 3's all day long anyway. Only when warrented.

What the hell is that guy's name from Denver you wanted so bad Briggs? Can't think of his name for the life of me. Hint: he threw up on the Garden court once....like 3 seasons ago.

Rodney White
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/18/2005  3:02 PM
Breath.

If Craw is still our point, he won't be chucking up 3's anymore! Take him off.

Q can do it, so can Steph.

But not all at once! (Duh!)

WE have mad athletic defende in Reezy.

And there may be some trades, that reduce our roster.

Or Isiah and Larry are Clueless!

we have a coach who can be listened to! Trust it.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/18/2005  3:02 PM
We could have used Rodney White last year. Not this year though.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
8/18/2005  3:04 PM
Ha. Thought he was talkin bout Demarr.

RW threw up on the court?

Bastard.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
TheloniusMonk
USA
8/18/2005  3:09 PM
yeah Rodney White! lololol

My point is sometimes people overvalue the signing of a player. Or just the opposite, people are up in arms b/c of a non-signing. I clearly remember on another site (Briggs) that you were making a huge deal about that guy. The comparison you made was catching J O'Neal when he first left Portand.

Jones would be a solid addition. But nothing close to a big issue either way.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/18/2005  3:13 PM
the best part of RW puking was the look on Allan Houston's face. I thought for a minutes that RW was going to kick off a stand by me caliber barf fest.

Marv: And it appears that Rodney White has just lost his lunch...
Clyde: Ewwwww man.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/18/2005  3:14 PM
to be fair Briggs was talking about adding a guy like Rodney White when our most athletic guy was Shandon Anderson and we had Spoon/KT/Harrington up front.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/18/2005  3:24 PM
Posted by fishmike:

the best part of RW puking was the look on Allan Houston's face. I thought for a minutes that RW was going to kick off a stand by me caliber barf fest.

Marv: And it appears that Rodney White has just lost his lunch...
Clyde: Ewwwww man.

You know, right there, the brilliance of Marv Albert.

That idiot Mike Breen would have carried on for 15 minutes - "You know, Clyde, it says here in the press guide that Rodney favors tacos, so I wonder if he might have stopped by a Taco Bell on 42nd St. before the game, and, ah, maybe they weren't on the top of their game there today, hahah, or maybe he overloaded a bit at the press lunchtable, hehe, you know Clyde one time I made the mistake of eating some clams at the press room here, I think you were there and probably remember it Clyde, and, ah, haha, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

TheloniusMonk
USA
8/18/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by fishmike:

to be fair Briggs was talking about adding a guy like Rodney White when our most athletic guy was Shandon Anderson and we had Spoon/KT/Harrington up front.

My point was that some players are really nonissues. That's why it bothers me so much when people make such a big deal about players (just because they're young or tall) that we will be making a terrible mistake if we don't sign them....or we'd be making a terrible mistake of we do. Certain players are meant to come in a game for short periods of time and do a few things here and there.

A team with them would be the same without them. Like White, Spoon and Anderson. Truthfully I'd take Anderson in his prime over Rodney White and what he's accomplished in his career so far.

We'll live with out without Jones or any of some of these other names out there. No need to protest for or against these types of players. This is just one man's opinion.
Ira
Member: #91
8/18/2005  3:39 PM
We're getting to the point with our roster in which we have too many okay, but not great players. In the backfield we have Marbs, Craw, Q, Nate, Penny and maybe Houston. At the 3, we have TT, Ariza and Lee. Our depth at power forward is legendary. We don't need another mediocre player.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/18/2005  7:02 PM
i also forgot we have david lee as a SF, i just dont see any sense in this move. if we use our lle this year, its gone next year--you have to ask, does this player make sense right now? not really

we can only offer the lle, so if there is something more than that, we start throwing out picks for Jones to make it a 3 way--is a 2nd round pick who is not much more than a spot up 3pt shooter worth a pick to us? imho,NO.

and again for the people who dont realize, ZEKE did NOT pick or coach jones. he was gone
RIP Crushalot😞
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
8/18/2005  10:25 PM
Sounds like a young Bruce Bowen to me !!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
James Jones took 318 shots last year of which 166 were 3s

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy