[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fisher And Snow Involved In A Warriors, Cavs And Knicks Three-Way? no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Author Thread
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
8/18/2005  10:32 AM
Well, he did average 14 and 9 last year in 30 mins. Not saying Sweetney or Frye can't just that they haven't yet. I don't really think we need Gooden. I think the real benefit to having him is that his contract is small enough that it can be traded, perhaps with an expiring contract, to get a real bonafide star or near star PF.

I could see Gooden + TT/Penny bringing back a guy like Gasol, Boozer, maybe Brand (if picks were thrown in) Not may teams are gonna dump good PF just for expiring contracts. But if you give them someone who could be seen as a replacement young PF who can put up slightly lower #'s along with an expiring deal, it becomes more of a possibilty.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/18/2005  10:36 AM
Gooden has good potential. He can already score and he's a beast on the boards. If you could get him playing well on both ends of the floor he could be a Sheed Wallace type player. Is Snow's deal worth it? Is Snow taking minutes for Nate or Crawford worth it? Not sure about that at all, unless your looking at Snow for 1-2 years followed by and early retirement for knee problems.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/18/2005  10:43 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Gooden has good potential. He can already score and he's a beast on the boards. If you could get him playing well on both ends of the floor he could be a Sheed Wallace type player. Is Snow's deal worth it? Is Snow taking minutes for Nate or Crawford worth it? Not sure about that at all, unless your looking at Snow for 1-2 years followed by and early retirement for knee problems.

i agree...it's not a trade i'm all that crazy about at all...just one that i think Isiah would make.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
8/18/2005  10:45 AM
While I will not come off of my stand that we will compete this year, I would much rather look to the future of nate and crawford than try to fill the cupboard with more trading chips.

We've got two expiring deals this year and two next year. we also have tons of youngins.

I haven't even looked to see how much snow makes...lemme check...
all kool aid all the time.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
8/18/2005  10:47 AM
$5.5 million? $7 million in 2008/09.

You guys can't be serious...I think it's time to put the eric snow talk to bed.

If anything, clevelnad needs more PFs...MoT and Sweets for Gooden sounds more inviting then trying to add snows gigantic LONG contract.

JMHO.
all kool aid all the time.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/18/2005  11:41 AM
I would definately take Drew Gooden. I think Drew has alot of rare qualities in him that most power fwds don't have. He has a Kenyon Martin game minus the 'Roids(yeah I said it).
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
8/18/2005  11:43 AM
Gooden's alright, if not b/c of his padded stats, then b/c of his minimal contract. But honestly, we JUST got rid of 1 PF..... we shouldn't be adding ANOTHER, unless we're swapping.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/18/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

we JUST got rid of 1 PF..... we shouldn't be adding ANOTHER, unless we're swapping.
i don't follow that logic

bobs3304
8/18/2005  11:49 AM
??

We JUST got rid of one of our PF's (which loosens the PF rotation), and you guys wanna go ahead and replace JYD, reinstating the glut?

If we're gonna add another 4, we better be getting rid of one in the process so that the rotation stays as it is...4 PF's, no more, no less.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
EnySpree

8/18/2005  11:50 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Gooden's alright, if not b/c of his padded stats, then b/c of his minimal contract. But honestly, we JUST got rid of 1 PF..... we shouldn't be adding ANOTHER, unless we're swapping.

If Goodens stats are padded then KT's were definately inflated.

Gooden has always been able to score double figures since he got in this league. Gooden is still trying to find a home. Why Not here? It would be nice for Isiah to get a young guy in just before they reach their potential.

But you are right about adding to the glut. I'd trade two power fwds to get Drew....but that would mean Snow will be coming a little too early in NY.

[Edited by - enyspree on 08-18-2005 11:54 AM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
bobs3304
8/18/2005  11:54 AM
^Ya, and that's great and all, but I'm not adding another PF just for the sake of it.

Also, if anything, KT's stats WEREN'T inflated b/c he gave you something else, and that's leadership, interior defense, and consistency which don't show up in the box score. Gooden pulls **** that may or may not show up in the stats (TO's, poor IQ, defensive liability, etc.). I'd rather have JYD than Gooden, b/c atleast I can count on him to give me the same thing everynight. Fuck stats, stats don't mean **** when you're hurting your team in other ways. Why do you think this guy is on his 3rd team in 3-4 years??!

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 08-18-2005 11:55 AM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/18/2005  12:06 PM
i wonder what all those ****'s stand for...
bobs3304
8/18/2005  12:10 PM
*******.................."Puppies"

EnySpree

8/18/2005  12:13 PM
well the knicks have needed a better power fwd for years.....if KT brought all that then why haven't the Knicks made the playoffs?

I don't wanna go back and forth about KT because he is gone, thank God.

Drew has been able to produce good numbers on all the teams he's been on. He just has to find the right setting. Why not here?

Still Snow's contract is crazy. Gooden is not coming without him...that is a given. Knicks would have to give up 2 power fwds (Mo and Sweets). Nate Robinson gets screwed.
bobs3304
8/18/2005  12:19 PM
First of all, no team, and I mean NOO team wants to trade for Taylor. Nobody wants Fisher or Snow either, but whattaya gonna do?

Sure, I'd be willing to have Gooden in NY, but ONLY if we're dealing a PF in the process. I mean, Drew isn't exactly Elton Brand, so we better make room another PF if we're looking to deal for him. With Brand, I wouldn't care. If we couldn't get rid of a PF to get him, who cares. Gooden's just not enough of an upgrade to just trade for him by any means necessary...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/18/2005  12:22 PM
I would only trade one of our overpriced PFs like Taylor & a lottery projected pick for Gooden and Snow. Then I would make Snow the 12th man and never play him
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/18/2005  12:25 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

??

We JUST got rid of one of our PF's (which loosens the PF rotation), and you guys wanna go ahead and replace JYD, reinstating the glut?

If we're gonna add another 4, we better be getting rid of one in the process so that the rotation stays as it is...4 PF's, no more, no less.
Our 4s are Sweetney, Rose, and Taylor. Sweetney and Rose may play some backup C. Lee if he plays at all will probably play SF, like he did in the summer league. We've cleared up the glut at PF. Like a lot of realists said, it would only take a couple of months to clear it up. There's room now (and always actually) for a young athletic COMBO forward. (I'm not saying I would do the deal proposed; just that there is room for it.) It's also just a matter of time until Isiah trades TT's and Penny's expiring contracts, which would free up a lot of time at SF.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/18/2005  12:55 PM
everyone is talking about a glut at power forward- but for all the power forwards we have, none are that talented so I wouldn't shy away from adding one just because you think we have too many- I'd argue we might have too few (talented ones).

I'm not saying Gooden is an improvement over ours- just stating that just cause we got 4 or 5 pfs, don't make that an arguement for not adding another who might be more talented than the ones we have combined.

Personally, I'd rather have Derek Fisher than Snow- he's a bit like Horry and could have a role- not sure, though, that it would be on our team.
Ira
Member: #91
8/18/2005  1:23 PM
Frye's really a 4. He can block some shots, but he plays facing the basket and I don't think he'll defend the low post.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/18/2005  2:38 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by bobs3304:

If Goodens stats are padded then KT's were definately inflated.

Gooden has always been able to score double figures since he got in this league. Gooden is still trying to find a home. Why Not here? It would be nice for Isiah to get a young guy in just before they reach their potential.

But you are right about adding to the glut. I'd trade two power fwds to get Drew....but that would mean Snow will be coming a little too early in NY.

[Edited by - enyspree on 08-18-2005 11:54 AM]

how are you adding to a glut at PF if you're trading 1 to get 1? you still have the same amount of PF's only the one you get is younger & more talented w/a more reasonable contract...the only drawback (& it's a BIG one) is taking on Snow's longterm deal...again, would i make this trade? probably not...but would Isiah? i think he would.

& for whoever thinks no one's going to trade for Mo T, it's not about the player, it's about the contract...CLE saves money in that trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Fisher And Snow Involved In A Warriors, Cavs And Knicks Three-Way? no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy