Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/17/2005  8:16 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by gunsnewing:

oh nyk4ever watches a lot of college basketball which is the reason he wanted nothing to do with Frye and was comparing him to loren woods the only other bigman Arizona produced. But once Frye is drafted most fans hope for the best. Some just can't grasp the fact that we passed up on a potential true nba center get for a tweener PF who will struggle to stay on the floor but was drafted because he's supposably more ready to contribute.

And some have a total false sense of hope by putting all their eggs into one player who they've never even seen before except against highschool competition, which they didn't even see. If Bynum was that good, he would have been pick #1. Remember the Bucks passed up Bynum for Andrew Bogut, the center they drafted. Oh, I forgot the scouting reports said Gerald Green was going to be a Top3 pick for sure, but what do you know Martell Webster is picked before him and Green drops to 18. You have a thing for highschoolers you've never seen but we won't have to worry about this anymore since all players must play some college ball now. I don't mind though, this is coming from the most fair-weather fan around. AROD sucks, right? Your right, I was fine with Frye when he was drafted becuase I trust that a NBA GM knows much more then I or anyone else on this board about the players in the draft. You can not kid yourself and think you know more then even the worst GM in the NBA. I'll put my faith in whoever is running the Knicks, my faith was in Layden when he took Mike Sweetney and my faith is just the same when Isiah too Reezy, Frye, Nate and Lee.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:55 PM]

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:58 PM]

woah no reason to attack me LOL I was just telling Briggs that you do watch a lot of college basketball which is the reason you didn't want to draft Frye just to prove that people who actually have seen Frye play know his limitations.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  8:18 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by rvhoss:

I'm rooting for bynum to bust until he is an unrestricted free agent. JMO

He'd want to come home, but it would probably be the Nets since he's from NJ. Theres 2 people on this WHOLE forum that are going to give us HELL though if Bynum isn't a bust.

ROLMAO!!!!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/17/2005  8:28 PM
chris bosh and frye would be a good comparison by the way--although bosh is younger. Frye should be able to do what bosh does, thats why i believe his numbers should be 14+7 right nOW
But Bosh only put up like 11/7 in his first year on a terrible lottery team. Oh yeah, Frye played 4 college years. I'll have to quote Fish and say "BFD"; there's no way I would have higher expectations for Frye as a rookie than Bosh. Bosh is a superstar in the making who was picked #4.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08-17-2005 8:29 PM]
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  8:31 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
chris bosh and frye would be a good comparison by the way--although bosh is younger. Frye should be able to do what bosh does, thats why i believe his numbers should be 14+7 right nOW
But Bosh only put up like 11/7 in his first year on a terrible lottery team. Oh yeah, Frye played 4 college years. I'll have to quote Fish and say "BFD"; there's no way I would have higher expectations for Frye as a rookie than Bosh. Bosh is a superstar in the making who was picked #4.

I will be thrilled if Frye puts up 11 & 7 this year! as long as he stays out of foul trouble and avoids putting up 6 & 3 in 20mins
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
8/17/2005  8:40 PM
y'all some drama queens. Simon says, wait til both players have a chance to become whatever they are going to become before anyone can honestly say who's right and who's wrong.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
8/17/2005  9:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'm just tired of people on this board talking like they know what Bynum, or any other highschooler for that matter can do, WHEN THEY HAVEN'T EVEN HIM PLAY, unless they live in the area. You like Bynum but why? You've never seen the guy play once and are relying on OTHER PEOPLES reports on what the guy can do. I don't see where you think YOU can tell everyone to eat crow because you read a report that someone thinks Bynum will be good. The people that directly scouted Bynum are the ones that are entitled to tell everyone eat crow, this is my problem with these threads. Your not the scout the watched Bynum in the gyms, your merely someone reading something about him, which puts you in absolutely no position to judge what kind of talent he has.

That's my gripe. I hope Bynum does well becuase I don't want any kid to fail but I'm not gonna pretend like I know what he can do and tell people that in 3 years I'm so sure he's gonna be the biggest thing since Shaq. Mitch Kupchak on the otherhand, now maybe he can answer that question becuase he's directly scouted him and seen him play. Not read some reports.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:05 PM]

Ive seen Bynum play in person, I saw him out of shape on TV and I saw him practice in shape and it was 2 different people. I knew about Bynum 1 year before the name was even mentioned on this forum, or most likely in ANY NBA forum. Newspapers, the local newspaper reporters found out about Bynum from me by reading this forum IMHO:>) Thats just reality whether you believe it or not.

I don't believe it. Unless Bynum worked out for you in your livingroom (or bedroom which would explain alot ) I think there are other people who have seen him play. My best friend is an AAU fanatic and good friends with Derek Character and goes to all of the highschool games of any consequense. Hes seen Bynum, Gerald Green, Brandon Rush, Greg Oden, etc. They found out about Bynum from you? LOL! You were posting articles about him from papers that interviewed him!! They probably got that from you too, huh? You definitely brought him to my attention and I followed up with my friend and asked about him. But you are acting like he is your son who you only let out of a cave to do workouts. Many Scouts have seen him play and worked him out and didn't pick him. They didn't see what you saw. Isiah thought he was good but picked Frye over him. We'll freaking see whats what!

Your opinion is journalists found out about Bynum from you and a sentence later its a reality we have to deal with. Now you are once again passing off your opinion as reality. Your arrogance is overbearing, and you are gonna make me hate Bynum just to spite you.

Now let BRIGGS' lemmings come and get me!!!!!!!!!
Killa4luv
USA
8/17/2005  9:41 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I have been trying to make this point for the longest. Dwight Howard didn't put up those numbers and he was #1 overall. BRIGGS expectations are those of a top 5 pick and are totally unrealistic on a team that will be in the playoffs or close to it.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/17/2005  10:19 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'm just tired of people on this board talking like they know what Bynum, or any other highschooler for that matter can do, WHEN THEY HAVEN'T EVEN HIM PLAY, unless they live in the area. You like Bynum but why? You've never seen the guy play once and are relying on OTHER PEOPLES reports on what the guy can do. I don't see where you think YOU can tell everyone to eat crow because you read a report that someone thinks Bynum will be good. The people that directly scouted Bynum are the ones that are entitled to tell everyone eat crow, this is my problem with these threads. Your not the scout the watched Bynum in the gyms, your merely someone reading something about him, which puts you in absolutely no position to judge what kind of talent he has.

That's my gripe. I hope Bynum does well becuase I don't want any kid to fail but I'm not gonna pretend like I know what he can do and tell people that in 3 years I'm so sure he's gonna be the biggest thing since Shaq. Mitch Kupchak on the otherhand, now maybe he can answer that question becuase he's directly scouted him and seen him play. Not read some reports.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:05 PM]

Ive seen Bynum play in person, I saw him out of shape on TV and I saw him practice in shape and it was 2 different people. I knew about Bynum 1 year before the name was even mentioned on this forum, or most likely in ANY NBA forum. Newspapers, the local newspaper reporters found out about Bynum from me by reading this forum IMHO:>) Thats just reality whether you believe it or not.

I don't believe it. Unless Bynum worked out for you in your livingroom (or bedroom which would explain alot ) I think there are other people who have seen him play. My best friend is an AAU fanatic and good friends with Derek Character and goes to all of the highschool games of any consequense. Hes seen Bynum, Gerald Green, Brandon Rush, Greg Oden, etc. They found out about Bynum from you? LOL! You were posting articles about him from papers that interviewed him!! They probably got that from you too, huh? You definitely brought him to my attention and I followed up with my friend and asked about him. But you are acting like he is your son who you only let out of a cave to do workouts. Many Scouts have seen him play and worked him out and didn't pick him. They didn't see what you saw. Isiah thought he was good but picked Frye over him. We'll freaking see whats what!

Your opinion is journalists found out about Bynum from you and a sentence later its a reality we have to deal with. Now you are once again passing off your opinion as reality. Your arrogance is overbearing, and you are gonna make me hate Bynum just to spite you.

No, I posted about Bynum way back in DEC 2004, I knew about Andrew for about a year, year and a half or more before that, because I am involved in a part time, non-paid role scouting for a Uconn based website. I watched him workout with another person who was doing a story for Rivals at the time. I talked to Andrew for a good 10-15 minutes, met his brother, mother etc watched him play for about 45 minutes and came away VERY VERY impressed... I wasn't able to get to any of his games during the regular season this year, and his decision to actually turn pro came very late in the process.
I've seen a lot of basketball in my time and it's of my opinion that he wouldve been picked after Greg Oden in the 2007 draft as pick #2. With the new rule he was forced to stay at Uconn 2 years because of his age or he would likely wouldve been pick 1 next year.
Knowing that we had pick 8, I felt it was a discount to the market picking him at 8, and while isiah Thomas or whoever else works on the draft feels that Channing Frye is a better long term prospect than Bynum, that's cool, I DO NOT.

I think a person who may be associated with the Knicks, especially in scouting who reads these boards probably knows my credibility.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/17/2005  10:35 PM
You're a scout for a web page for UCONN and a Knick scout knows your credibility? Why are you always bragging up your credentials?
Killa4luv
USA
8/17/2005  10:41 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

No, I posted about Bynum way back in DEC 2004, I knew about Andrew for about a year, year and a half or more before that, because I am involved in a part time, non-paid role scouting for a Uconn based website. I watched him workout with another person who was doing a story for Rivals at the time. I talked to Andrew for a good 10-15 minutes, met his brother, mother etc watched him play for about 45 minutes and came away VERY VERY impressed... I wasn't able to get to any of his games during the regular season this year, and his decision to actually turn pro came very late in the process.
I've seen a lot of basketball in my time and it's of my opinion that he wouldve been picked after Greg Oden in the 2007 draft as pick #2. With the new rule he was forced to stay at Uconn 2 years because of his age or he would likely wouldve been pick 1 next year.
Knowing that we had pick 8, I felt it was a discount to the market picking him at 8, and while isiah Thomas or whoever else works on the draft feels that Channing Frye is a better long term prospect than Bynum, that's cool, I DO NOT.

I think a person who may be associated with the Knicks, especially in scouting who reads these boards probably knows my credibility.
Fair enough, I wont debate what i can't prove or disprove and it all sounds pretty plausible,although this is the most you've said about the whole Bynum workout ever!!!! But you'll still have to wait for your I-told-you-so thread. We all know bynum is your baby and you put us up on him, but he still has to actually DO something before you can proclaim yourself the worlds greatest talent scout. We'll have to wait and see.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
8/17/2005  11:25 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Bobby:

briggs.....do you have any articles on kwame brown you care to post since joining the lakers
Kwame will be ready to play within three years, which is somehow great news!
rofl, SINCE he is only signed for two
LOL! I forgot about that!

thanks for the inside info on kwame....

i thought this was "ot lakers thread".....looks like ot bynum thread

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
USA
8/18/2005  3:26 AM
this has officially becomemy favorite thread ever
OT lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy