[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT lakers
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/17/2005  11:37 AM
It's funny, all I did was post an article that I found [which i labeled OT]that I thought was interesting of a player we followed intently before the draft and posted it here.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/17/2005  11:41 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

It's funny, all I did was post an article that I found [which i labeled OT]that I thought was interesting of a player we followed intently before the draft and posted it here.

briggs, we love you.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/17/2005  11:46 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BRIGGS:

briggs, we love you.

That's right.

We're like a freakin' family.

As my son says to me, "Is there a family anywhere that isn't dysfunctional?"

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/17/2005  11:54 AM
Briggs, we were all so enthused you posted a link we couldnt contain ourselves.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/17/2005  12:30 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Briggs, we were all so enthused you posted a link we couldnt contain ourselves.
i think fishmike wet his pants...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/17/2005  4:23 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I have no problems with "I told you we should've drafted Bynum" threads!
The only thing is, this isn't that thread. This is a thread started because Pete Newell said he doesn't think it will be 3 years before he plays.

Wow, I guess that proves everyone wrong.

Lets see him play and then make that assessment.

I also have a problem with an "I told you so" thread from BRIGGS because he never admits when he's wrong. He dissappears into the shadows when he arrogantly makes a wrong call about something, but is super aggressive with proclaiming himself right prematurely.

In fact, that premature certainty is what leaves him with egg on his face in the first place. I'll be keeping an eye on Bynum, and I wish him the best, but don't you think its a little too early to draw any conclusions, or start a thread based on one sentence that really says very little?

I don't care about Briggs other proclaimations. Bynum is all I care about. This happens to be to one of the times briggs is right and if he wants to post "i told you so bynum threads" then I say go for it! I will most likely be doing the same just out of frustration that the majority of the board wanted Bynum until Isiah mentioned Frye Then as usual the majority who praise Isiah's every move even the bad ones jumped on the Frye bandwagon. I just wish people would stick to their beliefs for once. Some fans know more about the game, the salary cap & what it takes to win then some GMs. If they speak up they could stop the Knicks from making one monumental bad move after another.
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  4:24 PM
Posted by simrud:

Bosh is not taller then Frye. In fact Frye might have an inch on Bosh. They are both very slim, but I gotta tell you, Bosh is so skinny Frye looks bigger then him.

Yet Bosh does pretty damn well, so there is hope for Frye after all lol.

will frye rebound and block shots like Bosh?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
8/17/2005  4:31 PM
we can only hope. I think there is no way he can't, he'll be put in similar if not better (LB) situations as Kurt and he was a rebounding machine (> 10), in terms of blocking shots, I think LB's team defense concept will be designed to give him maximum opportunity to let the offender think he's got an easy bucket, only to see the shot rejected, outletted to marbs and dunked home by Frye as he's rewarded running the floor.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 08-17-2005 4:32 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/17/2005  4:37 PM
Posted by fishmike:

for what its worth they are both listed at 6'11 240
You know better than to base an evaluation on a player's build solely on his listed height and weight. We could say Ewing and Frye had nearly identical builds based on those figures.
BRIGGS
8/17/2005  6:29 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I have no problems with "I told you we should've drafted Bynum" threads!
The only thing is, this isn't that thread. This is a thread started because Pete Newell said he doesn't think it will be 3 years before he plays.

Wow, I guess that proves everyone wrong.

Lets see him play and then make that assessment.

I also have a problem with an "I told you so" thread from BRIGGS because he never admits when he's wrong. He dissappears into the shadows when he arrogantly makes a wrong call about something, but is super aggressive with proclaiming himself right prematurely.

In fact, that premature certainty is what leaves him with egg on his face in the first place. I'll be keeping an eye on Bynum, and I wish him the best, but don't you think its a little too early to draw any conclusions, or start a thread based on one sentence that really says very little?

I don't care about Briggs other proclaimations. Bynum is all I care about. This happens to be to one of the times briggs is right and if he wants to post "i told you so bynum threads" then I say go for it! I will most likely be doing the same just out of frustration that the majority of the board wanted Bynum until Isiah mentioned Frye Then as usual the majority who praise Isiah's every move even the bad ones jumped on the Frye bandwagon. I just wish people would stick to their beliefs for once. Some fans know more about the game, the salary cap & what it takes to win then some GMs. If they speak up they could stop the Knicks from making one monumental bad move after another.

its funny how a thread can go from someone just posting a link to 5 obnoxious baseless bash replies for no reason, to a compariosn of channing frye than a comparison to chris bosh. i just thought linking the story[which i didnt even do right] would be something that was worthy of reading, thats all.

chris bosh and frye would be a good comparison by the way--although bosh is younger. Frye should be able to do what bosh does, thats why i believe his numbers should be 14+7 right nOW. andrew bynum is a pure 5 these guys are 4s who can slide over. Bynum is 17 years old and not likely to play much more than 5-8 minutes a game this year. The Lakers doctors said he still has 2-3 inches to grow and the Lakers management want to bring him along slowly, so he is physically ready to compete. Bosh and Frye are now players.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  6:51 PM
its funny the same people who say "oh big deal, Bynum is going to be good in less than 3yrs" are the same people who will tell you that Frye will struggle early on. Frye was drafted because he went to college and is supposably will be better 1st so he better be!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
8/17/2005  7:03 PM
I'm just tired of people on this board talking like they know what Bynum, or any other highschooler for that matter can do, WHEN THEY HAVEN'T EVEN HIM PLAY, unless they live in the area. You like Bynum but why? You've never seen the guy play once and are relying on OTHER PEOPLES reports on what the guy can do. I don't see where people think they can tell everyone to eat crow because they read a report that someone thinks Bynum will be good. The people that directly scouted Bynum are the ones that are entitled to tell everyone eat crow, this is my problem with these threads. You are not the scout the watched Bynum in the gyms, your merely someone reading something about him, which puts you in absolutely no position to judge what kind of talent he has.

That's my gripe. I hope Bynum does well becuase I don't want any kid to fail but I'm not gonna pretend like I know what he can do and tell people that in 3 years I'm so sure he's gonna be the biggest thing since Shaq. Mitch Kupchak on the otherhand, now maybe he can answer that question becuase he's directly scouted him and seen him play. Not read some reports.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:15 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
8/17/2005  7:19 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'm just tired of people on this board talking like they know what Bynum, or any other highschooler for that matter can do, WHEN THEY HAVEN'T EVEN HIM PLAY, unless they live in the area. You like Bynum but why? You've never seen the guy play once and are relying on OTHER PEOPLES reports on what the guy can do. I don't see where you think YOU can tell everyone to eat crow because you read a report that someone thinks Bynum will be good. The people that directly scouted Bynum are the ones that are entitled to tell everyone eat crow, this is my problem with these threads. Your not the scout the watched Bynum in the gyms, your merely someone reading something about him, which puts you in absolutely no position to judge what kind of talent he has.

That's my gripe. I hope Bynum does well becuase I don't want any kid to fail but I'm not gonna pretend like I know what he can do and tell people that in 3 years I'm so sure he's gonna be the biggest thing since Shaq. Mitch Kupchak on the otherhand, now maybe he can answer that question becuase he's directly scouted him and seen him play. Not read some reports.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:05 PM]

Ive seen Bynum play in person, I saw him out of shape on TV and I saw him practice in shape and it was 2 different people. I knew about Bynum 1 year before the name was even mentioned on this forum, or most likely in ANY NBA forum. Newspapers, the local newspaper reporters found out about Bynum from me by reading this forum IMHO:>) Thats just reality whether you believe it or not.
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
USA
8/17/2005  7:24 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Ive seen Bynum play in person, I saw him out of shape on TV and I saw him practice in shape and it was 2 different people. I knew about Bynum 1 year before the name was even mentioned on this forum, or most likely in ANY NBA forum. Newspapers, the local newspaper reporters found out about Bynum from me by reading this forum IMHO:>) Thats just reality whether you believe it or not.

I've never said I had a problem with you and these Bynum arguments Briggs, I know your a UConn alum and you've seen the guy but others..I dunno about. The one thing that will always stick true about you Briggs is the conceitedness(not even word, but its the best I can come up with right now lol) You'll always brag when your right... but when your wrong, its into hibernation we go. I hope Bynum plays well for your sake, because I can guarentee you if he doesn't there are alot of people on this board just itching to stick the crow to you, ESPECIALLY since Bynum isn't a Knick. I hope Bynum does well though, the NBA needs someone for Shaq to pass the torch too and Yao Ming is NOT it.

gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  7:28 PM
a lot of people wanted Bynum after reading the scouting reports and the good things Calhoun and Briggs had to say about him. Now whethere the Knicks did their due diliegence on him is a whole different story. Seems to me they completely discredited him because of the lack of college experience and the fact that he could take a little longer than Frye to contribute right away. Isiah needs to look good now before he gets canned. That is why Frye was chosen. All I gotta say is I hope Frye is better right now since he did go to college for 4yrs in a top program and not a tweener who only sees 20mins a game because of constant foul trouble
BRIGGS
8/17/2005  7:42 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

I've never said I had a problem with you and these Bynum arguments Briggs, I know your a UConn alum and you've seen the guy but others..I dunno about. The one thing that will always stick true about you Briggs is the conceitedness(not even word, but its the best I can come up with right now lol) You'll always brag when your right... but when your wrong, its into hibernation we go. I hope Bynum plays well for your sake, because I can guarentee you if he doesn't there are alot of people on this board just itching to stick the crow to you, ESPECIALLY since Bynum isn't a Knick. I hope Bynum does well though, the NBA needs someone for Shaq to pass the torch too and Yao Ming is NOT it.

conceited about what? i forget the post where i said nah nah nah nah nah im right youre wrong forums pretty much have opinions, some original content, some borrowed content. if you want to say im an arsehole for wanting to draft stoudemire, sweetney, little big man, bynum oK Im an arsehole. If you feel you know what you are talking about, if you watch as much college basketball as I do, and follow HS basketball for another site, then its likely that i may be more informed about more players than most--sounds logical no? so if i share the info, its conceited? well if so, i m sorry

all of these posts are a waste of time, this post aGAIn was just a link to a story, no more no less, some others ran with it the wrong way. kabeesh?
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  7:48 PM
oh nyk4ever watches a lot of college basketball which is the reason he wanted nothing to do with Frye and was comparing him to loren woods the only other bigman Arizona produced. But once Frye is drafted most fans hope for the best. Some just can't grasp the fact that we passed up on a potential true nba center get for a tweener PF who will struggle to stay on the floor but was drafted because he's supposably more ready to contribute.
nyk4ever
USA
8/17/2005  7:53 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

oh nyk4ever watches a lot of college basketball which is the reason he wanted nothing to do with Frye and was comparing him to loren woods the only other bigman Arizona produced. But once Frye is drafted most fans hope for the best. Some just can't grasp the fact that we passed up on a potential true nba center get for a tweener PF who will struggle to stay on the floor but was drafted because he's supposably more ready to contribute.

And some have a total false sense of hope by putting all their eggs into one player who they've never even seen before except against highschool competition, which they didn't even see. If Bynum was that good, he would have been pick #1. Remember the Bucks passed up Bynum for Andrew Bogut, the center they drafted. Oh, I forgot the scouting reports said Gerald Green was going to be a Top3 pick for sure, but what do you know Martell Webster is picked before him and Green drops to 18. You have a thing for highschoolers you've never seen but we won't have to worry about this anymore since all players must play some college ball now. I don't mind though, this is coming from the most fair-weather fan around. AROD sucks, right? Your right, I was fine with Frye when he was drafted becuase I trust that a NBA GM knows much more then I or anyone else on this board about the players in the draft. You can not kid yourself and think you know more then even the worst GM in the NBA. I'll put my faith in whoever is running the Knicks, my faith was in Layden when he took Mike Sweetney and my faith is just the same when Isiah too Reezy, Frye, Nate and Lee.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:55 PM]

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 7:58 PM]
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
8/17/2005  7:56 PM
I'm rooting for bynum to bust until he is an unrestricted free agent. JMO
all kool aid all the time.
nyk4ever
USA
8/17/2005  7:57 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

I'm rooting for bynum to bust until he is an unrestricted free agent. JMO

He'd want to come home, but it would probably be the Nets since he's from NJ. Theres 2 people on this WHOLE forum that are going to give us HELL though if Bynum isn't a bust.
OT lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy