OT lakers
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/17/2005  12:52 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

So the quote says it's going to be less than 3 years before their lottery pick plays? Is that good news or bad news or insignificant news? Is it shocking that with the 10th pick they got someone whose descriptions is "will be ready to play in less than 3 years"?

considering guys like Kwame, Chandler and Curry get picked higher. there's nothing wrong with drafting Bynum 8th or 10th
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
8/17/2005  1:11 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

beating a dead horse is a great GUNS N' ROSES song!

I don't see anything wrong about briggs posting Bynum news since he was the guy a lot of people wanted before Isiah mentioned Frye. After the abuse and name calling me, briggs and some others put up with. I have no problems with "I told you we should've drafted Bynum" threads!

Bynum is not a Knick and he probably never will be. Don't create this threads in the Knicks forum becuase its not Knicks news. If anyone cares enough to talk about it with you and briggs I'm sure they'll goto the NBA forum and find it. There was no reason for Biggs to post a quote that every coach says about every young highschool player in the Knicks forum just becuase Briggs hyped the guy up so much... That's what I got a problem with. He's trying to create attention and for what reason? Thats what I don't get.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/17/2005  1:15 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:

So the quote says it's going to be less than 3 years before their lottery pick plays? Is that good news or bad news or insignificant news? Is it shocking that with the 10th pick they got someone whose descriptions is "will be ready to play in less than 3 years"?

considering guys like Kwame, Chandler and Curry get picked higher. there's nothing wrong with drafting Bynum 8th or 10th
I didn't say there was something wrong with drafting Bynum at #8; I've already said I would have drafted him over Frye. The problem I have is with celebrating the fact that he will be ready to play within 3 years. That just doesn't seem worth celebrating to me.
BTW, what better veterans in the NBA from Bynum to learn from than Kobe and Kwame?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08-17-2005 01:23 AM]
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  1:32 AM
the truth hurts doesn't it lol
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  1:35 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by gunsnewing:

beating a dead horse is a great GUNS N' ROSES song!

I don't see anything wrong about briggs posting Bynum news since he was the guy a lot of people wanted before Isiah mentioned Frye. After the abuse and name calling me, briggs and some others put up with. I have no problems with "I told you we should've drafted Bynum" threads!

Bynum is not a Knick and he probably never will be. Don't create this threads in the Knicks forum becuase its not Knicks news. If anyone cares enough to talk about it with you and briggs I'm sure they'll goto the NBA forum and find it. There was no reason for Biggs to post a quote that every coach says about every young highschool player in the Knicks forum just becuase Briggs hyped the guy up so much... That's what I got a problem with. He's trying to create attention and for what reason? Thats what I don't get.

to prove all those who say Bynum is a lazy Diop part 2 wrong.
nyk4ever
USA
8/17/2005  1:44 AM
But who cares? He's not a Knick. Why don't we create threads of every single player in the draft that the Knicks passed on with the 8th pick and make threads about them too? Where does it end? My point is no one cares, just look at this thread, there wasn't one person who said "Wow, thats interesting." No one cares and Briggs has it stuck in his head that he needs retribution from the rest of the world that he knew about Bynum.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 01:46 AM]
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  2:02 AM
its not just any player. its a player this forum was obsessed with up until Isiah mentioned Channing Frye's name.
nyk4ever
USA
8/17/2005  2:24 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

its not just any player. its a player this forum was obsessed with up until Isiah mentioned Channing Frye's name.

Actually it wasn't. I think alot of people have stated they would have taken Bynum over Frye and are conceeding that fact, Frye was mentioned with the Knicks long before Bynum was even brought up as a top10 pick. Theres 3 people (including myself) already on this thread who would have taken Bynum at 8 but guess what, it didn't happen. This is what I don't get, it's done and overwith and if he plays well good for him but it's not going to be for the Knicks. If Bynum ends up posting 25 and 12 one day great, what is that going to do? It's not like you were in the gym scouting this guy, you did the same thing every single one of us did and that was read the reports from Chad Ford and other scouts from the combines. THEY are the ones that CAN tell everyone to eat crow when/if Bynum is good, not us who don't even see the guys play on the court till they are in NBA uniforms or in college uniforms, we read reports on them and in those reports scouts give their take on them. I didn't see one bad report about Bynum so its not like finding a diamond in the rough here.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 08-17-2005 02:28 AM]
gunsnewing
USA
8/17/2005  6:38 AM
trust me the infatuation with Bynum started wayyyyy before Isiah had that workout in LA with Frye. I'm just bitter that after al those monumentaly bad Layden moves we still continue to make monumental mistakes. We can't afford them anymore. We'll we could but it only delays the process of making us a championship calibur team. We had our Center for years to come right there for us instead we drafted a tweeener PF who will be a nice nba player but will be on the bench a lot because of matchup problems.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/17/2005  6:53 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

trust me the infatuation with Bynum started wayyyyy before Isiah had that workout in LA with Frye. I'm just bitter that after al those monumentaly bad Layden moves we still continue to make monumental mistakes. We can't afford them anymore. We'll we could but it only delays the process of making us a championship calibur team. We had our Center for years to come right there for us instead we drafted a tweeener PF who will be a nice nba player but will be on the bench a lot because of matchup problems.

It would be nice if sometimes the Bynum lovers would add "I believe" or "IMO" to these statements.

I know it's implied. But none of us knows, we have opinions, projections, beliefs, biases, hopes, etc.

It just would be nice to hear a little acknowledgement of that every once in a while.

OK. I'm done.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/17/2005  7:58 AM
physically Frye has the same build as Jermaine Oneil. I'm not worried about him being a little smallish if he learns to use his legnth at this level.
On a side note:
kwame just died in briggs's arms tonight... must have been something he said.
I almost choked on my breakfast. For some reason when I read these I actually hear that freakin song. Who the hell sang that cheese anyway? Loverboy or some such nonsense
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/17/2005  9:23 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

"He seems to have kind of an innate understanding of the game for someone as young as he is. I don't think it will be three years before he plays."
-- Pete Newell, on Laker first-round draft pick Andrew Bynum

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-newellbynum_il122qnc,1,6181535.photo?coll=la-headlines-sports

Until he plays in an NBA game, this is just someone offering an opinion on a player.

I'm sure people said the same about Lampe, and probably still do.

fishmike
USA
8/17/2005  9:35 AM
this is going to sound crazy but I think he's going to be a good NBA player. He strikes me as a late bloomer type that just needs a lot of time and work on his body. It may 24-25 before he hits that (which would be 7 years in the league). Same with Skita
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
8/17/2005  10:10 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I have no problems with "I told you we should've drafted Bynum" threads!
The only thing is, this isn't that thread. This is a thread started because Pete Newell said he doesn't think it will be 3 years before he plays.

Wow, I guess that proves everyone wrong.

Lets see him play and then make that assessment.

I also have a problem with an "I told you so" thread from BRIGGS because he never admits when he's wrong. He dissappears into the shadows when he arrogantly makes a wrong call about something, but is super aggressive with proclaiming himself right prematurely.

In fact, that premature certainty is what leaves him with egg on his face in the first place. I'll be keeping an eye on Bynum, and I wish him the best, but don't you think its a little too early to draw any conclusions, or start a thread based on one sentence that really says very little?

Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/17/2005  10:18 AM
Posted by fishmike:
this is going to sound crazy but I think he's going to be a good NBA player. He strikes me as a late bloomer type that just needs a lot of time and work on his body. It may 24-25 before he hits that (which would be 7 years in the league). Same with Skita
well, IT didnt want Lampe developing on our watch, and the Suns didnt either. Was he on the warriors at all? I think so... Now he's on NO
nyk4ever
USA
8/17/2005  10:18 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

The only thing is, this isn't that thread. This is a thread started because Pete Newell said he doesn't think it will be 3 years before he plays.

I also have a problem with an "I told you so" thread from BRIGGS because he never admits when he's wrong. He dissappears into the shadows when he arrogantly makes a wrong call about something, but is super aggressive with proclaiming himself right prematurely.

In fact, that premature certainty is what leaves him with egg on his face in the first place. I'll be keeping an eye on Bynum, and I wish him the best, but don't you think its a little too early to draw any conclusions, or start a thread based on one sentence that really says very little?

Thankyou Killa.
Bonn1997
USA
8/17/2005  10:36 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Thankyou Killa.

ditto; thanks
Bonn1997
USA
8/17/2005  10:37 AM
Posted by fishmike:

physically Frye has the same build as Jermaine Oneil. I'm not worried about him being a little smallish if he learns to use his legnth at this level.
On a side note:
kwame just died in briggs's arms tonight... must have been something he said.
I almost choked on my breakfast. For some reason when I read these I actually hear that freakin song. Who the hell sang that cheese anyway? Loverboy or some such nonsense
I've never thought of Frye as being build like Jermaine O'neal. Jermaine's arms, legs, chest, shoulders, are much bigger. Frye's build may be more similar to Chris Bosh's except that Bosh is *slightly* longer and taller.

fishmike
USA
8/17/2005  10:59 AM
for what its worth they are both listed at 6'11 240
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
8/17/2005  11:07 AM
Bosh is not taller then Frye. In fact Frye might have an inch on Bosh. They are both very slim, but I gotta tell you, Bosh is so skinny Frye looks bigger then him.

Yet Bosh does pretty damn well, so there is hope for Frye after all lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
OT lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy