[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Choosing JYD to waive is dumb! (IT'S OFFICIAL)
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/15/2005  12:55 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I would waive Penny before JYD. Having a huge ending contract is good enough. It will be hard to trade just 1, never mind 2.

true. it will be very hard to trade just 1 and get someone who's worth it back
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/15/2005  12:55 PM
what a joke. I swear our GM really is lost.

Only the Knicks could fvck up a rule made specificially to benefit them
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/15/2005  12:57 PM
wait, they just played a sound clip of Isiah on SAS...it sounded like JYD is retiring, Isiah said they talked to Jerome about a position inside the organization, maybe scouting or something like that
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
OAK
Member: #957
Japan
8/15/2005  1:00 PM
Shandon's contract has $14mm for the next 2 yr compared to $13mm for JYD's. JYD's last yr is team-optioned.

Somone PLEEEEEEASE explain this move to me... It's not like we needed a roster spot.
fishmike
USA
8/15/2005  1:00 PM
which makes even less sense. If that was the case then he sits out this year and comes off the books for next, not to mention insurance pays 80% of the deal. Just retire him and dump Shandon's deal. Retarded
Seanc3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #920
USA
8/15/2005  1:02 PM
This move makes absolutely no sense. You can save the same amount by waiving Anderson yet Isiah decides to trade one of the few players who played hard every night last year.

I know we have a glut of forwards, but you JYD still has some game in him and you can always package his contract or just straight up waive him during the regular season if its not working out.

Truly and idiotic move by the Knicks.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/15/2005  1:02 PM
Posted by NYK3:

wait, they just played a sound clip of Isiah on SAS...it sounded like JYD is retiring, Isiah said they talked to Jerome about a position inside the organization, maybe scouting or something like that

that makes it even more of a moronic move then...if JYD was planning on retiring, you let him retire, waive Shandon's contract, & save even more money...that's just more nonsense
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
OAK
Japan
8/15/2005  1:06 PM
Posted by fishmike:

which makes even less sense. If that was the case then he sits out this year and comes off the books for next, not to mention insurance pays 80% of the deal. Just retire him and dump Shandon's deal. Retarded

exactly...
man, i thought this new knicks franchise was finally becoming smart, but I guess stupidity cannot be fixed overnight. I doubt that even Spurs or Pistons would waive JYD and they're solid defensively. what the......???????????
gunsnewing
USA
8/15/2005  1:07 PM
Posted by OAK:

Shandon's contract has $14mm for the next 2 yr compared to $13mm for JYD's. JYD's last yr is team-optioned.

Somone PLEEEEEEASE explain this move to me... It's not like we needed a roster spot.

that proves it strictly comes down to the roster spot not necessarily saving the most money

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 08-15-2005 1:08 PM]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
8/15/2005  1:08 PM
This is hilarious. The same guys who want us to rebuild and who want us to play the youngsters, get mad at us trading one of the oldest players on our roster, which opens up space and time for the youngsters.

Some of you guys are a bunch of hypocrites.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 08-15-2005 1:11 PM]
gunsnewing
USA
8/15/2005  1:09 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by NYK3:

that makes it even more of a moronic move then...if JYD was planning on retiring, you let him retire, waive Shandon's contract, & save even more money...that's just more nonsense

JYD is not retiring LOL

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
8/15/2005  1:09 PM
I like JYD as much as the next guy but the fact is that Rose, Taylor are better players and David Lee looks to have the same type of makeup that JYD has and reminds me of him on the court as well. JYD is a nice player, he gets the place energized but the fact is there are better players on the team. I like what I saw from Malik last year as a Knick he rebounded, he played with toughness and he brings a winning mentality to the team. I coulda lived with any of the 3 going but its JYD and thats fine with me.

Maybe Diop is on the way now?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
TMS
USA
8/15/2005  1:12 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by NYK3:

JYD is not retiring LOL

i didn't say he was...that sounds like Isiah just trying to justify his move w/nonsense...it's a stupid move to make...let's hear the gay robots defend this one.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/15/2005  1:15 PM
This is stupid. If Isiah wasnt forced by Dolan to make this move, he is an idiot. This is his worst move so far. I have lost a lot of faith in him. What an idiot! He had a golden opportunity to rid us of Houston but he doesnt! I guess he wants Q to play SF and Houston and Craw to play SG.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
8/15/2005  1:20 PM
I love most of IT's moves...
His drafting is superb...
JJ pickup was a good one...
And of course bringing in Brown...

But this was a stupid move...
Waiving JYD for the sake of having someone to waive and save a couple of million is dumb.
We had a talent that could have netted us at least a 2nd rounder in return from a team looking to pickup a hard working guy who does alot of the dirty work...

I'm still happy to have IT over Layden...
And I won't call for his head cause we're still Light Years ahead of where we were the day Layden got fired...
But definitely gotta say... Us fans will definitely miss the guy...
Masterplan
Member: #362
8/15/2005  1:21 PM
Posted by OAK:

hey everyone, we DO need a roster spot. we have 15 players under contract, so if we want to sign diop or keep big jackie around, or go after other amnesty casualties, someone has to go. i would rather it have been penny or mo, but someone had to get canned.

EDIT: don't know if jackie is actually under contract currently for next season. if so, we have 16 players (before the JYD cut), can only keep 15 on the roster.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 08-15-2005 1:23 PM]
fishmike
USA
8/15/2005  1:22 PM
the only explanation is they needed a roster spot. If thats the case then you dump a gimpy Penny. Maybe they are so high on Diop or something they plan on adding him
TMS
USA
8/15/2005  1:25 PM
Posted by fishmike:

the only explanation is they needed a roster spot. If thats the case then you dump a gimpy Penny. Maybe they are so high on Diop or something they plan on adding him

if you need another roster spot, waive Mo Taylor...someone come up w/a more logical explanation than just that they needed another roster spot to sign a scrub like Diop.
OAK
Japan
8/15/2005  1:27 PM
Posted by Masterplan:
Posted by OAK:

hey everyone, we DO need a roster spot. we have 15 players under contract, so if we want to sign diop or keep big jackie around, or go after other amnesty casualties, someone has to go. i would rather it have been penny or mo, but someone had to get canned.

EDIT: don't know if jackie is actually under contract currently for next season. if so, we have 16 players (before the JYD cut), can only keep 15 on the roster.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 08-15-2005 1:23 PM]

Now with JYD gone, we have 15 players including Butler. So if we need to sign Diop, we need to cut another guy. If roster spot was the reason, we should've waived Penny or Taylor.

[Edited by - OAK on 08-15-2005 1:28 PM]
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/15/2005  1:32 PM
So much for expiring contracts being such great trade assets. Isiah's given up not 1 but 2 contracts totaling $14M+ for absolutely nothing.

Aren't you guys getting a little tired of Isiah disrespecting you and pretending that Knicks fans know nothing about basketball? The fact that he's mentioning that JYD is going to retire is a slap in the face of all Knicks fans. Like we don't know that it makes the waiving of JYD even worse if that is the case.

This is pathetic. Shandon was the only contract worth waiving since he was already gone. Now Isiah has just compounded that mistake with another one. Isiah is an idiot plain and simple.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Choosing JYD to waive is dumb! (IT'S OFFICIAL)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy