[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If the lakers can get a lotto pick with garbage...
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/10/2002  9:41 AM
why can the lakers get as high as the #8 pick for Robert Horry, a SF playing PF, or even for Rick Fox? And if the Bucks supposedly want to give up their #13 pick for either Fox or Horry, why don't we give them (teams from 8-13 picks) Kurt Thomas? I'd rather give up Kurt Thomas and get a Nene/Wilcox/Caron Butler and Skeeta/ Qyntel Woods, than just sit with Kurt.

Input?

I'm sure Kurt Thomas is worth more than Rick Fox or Robert Horry. Pluse Kurt has a GREAT contract, 5 mil per year, and he's starting Center/PF material, not star quality, but solid starter.
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/10/2002  9:52 AM
I'm pretty sure your referring to this article..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/story?id=1392935

In which the Lakers have an interest in Qyntel Woods and are apparently trying to move up inthe draft with probably Horry or Fox.

While I clearly think KT is worth alot more then Fox, Horry is clutch and steps up when needed. This would be interesting for the Bucks who seem to lack those kind of players (according to Karl anyway).

I do think we should be able to get a teens pick for KT, ranging from the 11th(wizz), 13th(bucks), 16th(sixers) and the 18th (magic). I'd trade KT for any of those picks with of course a preference for the wizz or bucks pick.

If the Lakers though are set on Qyntel they would probably want the 6th pick but I don't see the Cavs giving up theirs for Horry or Fox (Fisher perhaps if Miller is out, but I don't praise Derek that highly honestly).

Maybe Medvedenko or a sign and traded Devean Goerge, now it gets interesting. I find it peculiar though that Phil Jackson who is known to have a love for prime PF's would not scoop up a PF in this rich PF draft.
Caseloads
6/10/2002  11:12 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

I'm pretty sure your referring to this article..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/story?id=1392935

In which the Lakers have an interest in Qyntel Woods and are apparently trying to move up inthe draft with probably Horry or Fox.

While I clearly think KT is worth alot more then Fox, Horry is clutch and steps up when needed. This would be interesting for the Bucks who seem to lack those kind of players (according to Karl anyway).

I do think we should be able to get a teens pick for KT, ranging from the 11th(wizz), 13th(bucks), 16th(sixers) and the 18th (magic). I'd trade KT for any of those picks with of course a preference for the wizz or bucks pick.

If the Lakers though are set on Qyntel they would probably want the 6th pick but I don't see the Cavs giving up theirs for Horry or Fox (Fisher perhaps if Miller is out, but I don't praise Derek that highly honestly).

Maybe Medvedenko or a sign and traded Devean Goerge, now it gets interesting. I find it peculiar though that Phil Jackson who is known to have a love for prime PF's would not scoop up a PF in this rich PF draft.
Thomas was a top draft pick back in 96 (not #1, but high, top ten). i think that the quality of the players in this year's draft takes a hit after the 10th pick, when Ming, Williams, Dunleavy, Gooden, Skeetz, Nene, Butler, Wagner, Wilcox and Woods are probably going to be off the Board. Jeffreies and the rest of the crew are just not as good as the top 10 picks... I can see why the Bucks want to trade their pick.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/10/2002  12:52 PM
Obviously there is more to this story. This article is very vague. I could it happening if the lakers include next years pick. look:

#28 pick in the draft
2003 First Round Pick
Rick Fox

for

#8 Pick in the draft

Its pretty even. If they gave us Devon George instead of Fox. I would do it (id give them othella too).
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/10/2002  3:46 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Obviously there is more to this story. This article is very vague. I could it happening if the lakers include next years pick. look:

#28 pick in the draft
2003 First Round Pick
Rick Fox

for

#8 Pick in the draft

Its pretty even. If they gave us Devon George instead of Fox. I would do it (id give them othella too).

George and the 28th for our 7th what are guys doing you making Layden look good. First you must realize that George won't do what he is doing for the Lakers simply because he is not a focal point of the team he is a token role player that will probably be out of the league in 5 years.
Vmart
USA
6/10/2002  3:49 PM
The Lakers only have two players that I want on the Knicks and thats Shaq and Kobe. They can keep the rest of the team.

[Edited by - Vmart on 06/10/2002 15:50:31]
Vmart
USA
6/10/2002  3:57 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

why can the lakers get as high as the #8 pick for Robert Horry, a SF playing PF, or even for Rick Fox? And if the Bucks supposedly want to give up their #13 pick for either Fox or Horry, why don't we give them (teams from 8-13 picks) Kurt Thomas? I'd rather give up Kurt Thomas and get a Nene/Wilcox/Caron Butler and Skeeta/ Qyntel Woods, than just sit with Kurt.

Input?

I'm sure Kurt Thomas is worth more than Rick Fox or Robert Horry. Pluse Kurt has a GREAT contract, 5 mil per year, and he's starting Center/PF material, not star quality, but solid starter.

There is no way Horry is worth the 8th pick. At best he is worth the 12 pick but no more than that. As far as Fox he is worth a low first round pick at best. These guy are role players not great players they do their job well in their system. The won't thrive in other situations thats why they have been relagated to being role players.

[Edited by - Vmart on 06/10/2002 16:01:28]
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/10/2002  8:04 PM
If Woods turned out to be the next McGrady that'd be sad. The Lakers would beat up on the All-Star team. That'd be absolutely nuts. Then again, if he doesn't, they lose a roleplayer in Fox which could cost them.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
6/11/2002  11:08 AM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by falcindor:

#28 pick in the draft
2003 First Round Pick
Rick Fox

for

#8 Pick in the draft

George and the 28th for our 7th what are guys doing you making Layden look good. First you must realize that George won't do what he is doing for the Lakers simply because he is not a focal point of the team he is a token role player that will probably be out of the league in 5 years.
the 28th pick and next years's 20-something pick isn't worth a high pick.
Caseloads
6/11/2002  11:11 AM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Caseloads:

Input?

There is no way Horry is worth the 8th pick. At best he is worth the 12 pick but no more than that. As far as Fox he is worth a low first round pick at best. These guy are role players not great players they do their job well in their system. The won't thrive in other situations thats why they have been relagated to being role players.

[Edited by - Vmart on 06/10/2002 16:01:28]
Thomas could probably get the clippers' 8th pick straight up.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/11/2002  10:04 PM
Any GM that does that trade should be fired. 27 and Horry or Fox for a lottery pick would make me change my phone number(if I was a GM)so that I would not have to waste my time dealing with jokers.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/11/2002  10:16 PM
Caseload-
That trade is extremely one-sided. The Clippers would not do that deal.
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
6/12/2002  8:12 PM
The answer to the initial question is easy. The Lakers have superior basketball people who know how to get what they want, and can sell ice to an Eskimo. Thats why they have dynasties every decade. It all starts from the top.

I hate to say this about R. Horry, because I have so much respect for him, but he is just a average player with a serious flair for the dramatics. Put him on a championship team, and he will nail huge shots. Put him on a middle of the road team, and he starts throwing towels around in coaches faces. (Suns) Notice how in most big games, the only points he will score the whole game are the last couple of shots.

But just watch, the Lakers will probably pull off a sweet deal, continuing the excellence that has become Laker management tradition. Knicks could have gotten in on some of that if they would have cleaned house, and brought in J. West, but the Knicks love torturing their fans.

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
If the lakers can get a lotto pick with garbage...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy