Nene Hilario Info
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/8/2002  12:23 AM
From Sporting News:

"in Chicago, he [Hilario] tied Shawn Kemp's bulls workout record in a drill where a ball is placed on each block and the player must make a basket on alternating sides of the basket withint a fixed amount of time. Hilario made 17 straight"

"Hilario's size and athleticism are his best assets. He has stamina and footwork -- he was a swimmer and soccer player before taking up basketball. What he needs most is owrk on his shooting and polishing his overall game. His offense is lagging behind his defense, but his defense is good enough to make him an immediate contributor."

"Hilario's agent, Michael Coyne, says he expects Hilario to go between picks 7 (Knicks) and 13."
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/8/2002  6:57 AM
Sick, I hope Layden picks him...
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/8/2002  9:00 AM
It sounds like his agent thinks New York might really want to consider him at 7th and i also think Cleveland will take a long look at him because they had nothing but good things to say. If he really is a legit 6-11 and weighs 264lbs than he will be a center in this league. He will also get a lot of offensive boards because of his reach and verticle, not to mention that he probably owns one of the top 3 or 4 largest wingspans in the league at 7-4 3/4 in. Weren't we like last in the league in offensive rebounds or close to it? I think Nene would solve this problem as would Wilcox. I like both these players and i'm not ready to decide which is better for the Knicks until they each have their workouts in a couple of weeks. I think we should have each of them go head to head. That would be fun.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/8/2002  12:29 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

It sounds like his agent thinks New York might really want to consider him at 7th and i also think Cleveland will take a long look at him because they had nothing but good things to say. If he really is a legit 6-11 and weighs 264lbs than he will be a center in this league. He will also get a lot of offensive boards because of his reach and verticle, not to mention that he probably owns one of the top 3 or 4 largest wingspans in the league at 7-4 3/4 in. Weren't we like last in the league in offensive rebounds or close to it? I think Nene would solve this problem as would Wilcox. I like both these players and i'm not ready to decide which is better for the Knicks until they each have their workouts in a couple of weeks. I think we should have each of them go head to head. That would be fun.

As much as I think Wilcox will be good the thought of Hilario being able to play center is the deciding factor for me. The Knicks need a center in the worst way. Camby is a PF and he can go back to his position of choice.
Knixkik
USA
6/8/2002  5:46 PM
As much as I think Wilcox will be good the thought of Hilario being able to play center is the deciding factor for me. The Knicks need a center in the worst way. Camby is a PF and he can go back to his position of choice.
What makes you think Wilcox won't be able to play center? I'll admit it seems like Hilario is more of a center than Wilcox right now, but he only proved that through workouts and Wilcox could do the same once he has some workouts. From what i hear, New York will host a workout for Wilcox that all lottery teams will be attending. That will likely be the only workout he has. With his one workout being in New York, does that tell you anything?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/8/2002  5:57 PM
The thing that allows Hilario to play center is his wingspan. He plays like a guy thats 7 foot 4 with that wingspan. Wilcox is 6 foot 10 and his arms probably stretch out to around there like a normal person. Still, the Wilcox workout is going to be big. He needs to play well, because if he plays poorly in his workouts he could plummet.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
6/8/2002  9:18 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

The thing that allows Hilario to play center is his wingspan. He plays like a guy thats 7 foot 4 with that wingspan. Wilcox is 6 foot 10 and his arms probably stretch out to around there like a normal person. Still, the Wilcox workout is going to be big. He needs to play well, because if he plays poorly in his workouts he could plummet.
I know Wilcox has a massive wingspan as well, but nothing like Nene's. Not to mention Hilario is probably 1/2 to 1 inch taller than Wilcox which makes a big difference. Hilario also has some size and strength on him, but Wilcox has the advantage with his run/jump ability. In the most recent nbadraft.net mock draft, they have Nene going to Cleveland at 6 and Wilcox going at 9 to Phoenix. I have a feeling both will be available for us so we really have to figure out and make sure we know which one is better.
Vmart
USA
6/9/2002  10:03 AM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by BigSm00th:

I know Wilcox has a massive wingspan as well, but nothing like Nene's. Not to mention Hilario is probably 1/2 to 1 inch taller than Wilcox which makes a big difference. Hilario also has some size and strength on him, but Wilcox has the advantage with his run/jump ability. In the most recent nbadraft.net mock draft, they have Nene going to Cleveland at 6 and Wilcox going at 9 to Phoenix. I have a feeling both will be available for us so we really have to figure out and make sure we know which one is better.

Wasn't Wilcox ahead of Hilario in the draft positioning now Hilario is going ahead of Wilcox. That should tell you something about Hilario and the impression that he has made on the GM's they see that this guy has a endless work ethic and the fact that he has gone from 230 to 263 in the span of 2 months has shown his desire to be someone in the League. You can't teach that kind of work ethic to just any player it comes from within. He has shown more in 2 months than Camby has shown in 4 years.
Knixkik
USA
6/9/2002  1:29 PM
I agree with you entirely. Hilario has had the most impressive workouts of almost anyone and he has gone from a mid first rounder to a top 8 pick. I wouldn't say he's ahead of Wilcox quite yet, but he's about even with him right now and maybe slightly ahead if he is able to play center.

[Edited by - knixkik on 06/09/2002 13:32:10]
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
6/9/2002  5:37 PM
I have to admit I am clueless concerning this Nehe guy, but he sounds good on paper. Although I'm getting nervous with all of these Shawn Kemp references. I'm now painting a visual portrait that this guy will eventually become an obsese crackhead who fathers more children per year than PPG...Anyway, everybody always looks like the second coming during these workout sessions. Knicks need a hell of a lot more help than the number 7 pick with this old expensive tired a** team.

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
Vmart
USA
6/9/2002  6:02 PM
Posted by sebstar:

I have to admit I am clueless concerning this Nehe guy, but he sounds good on paper. Although I'm getting nervous with all of these Shawn Kemp references. I'm now painting a visual portrait that this guy will eventually become an obsese crackhead who fathers more children per year than PPG...Anyway, everybody always looks like the second coming during these workout sessions. Knicks need a hell of a lot more help than the number 7 pick with this old expensive tired a** team.

Yeah they need new blood there is no doubt about that. They can really help themselves by dumping the point guards they have now for anything. Send Spree to the Kings for Turk and Bobby Jackson they get younger and get a point that is athletic and can actually run.
Knixkik
USA
6/9/2002  9:26 PM
Yeah they need new blood there is no doubt about that. They can really help themselves by dumping the point guards they have now for anything. Send Spree to the Kings for Turk and Bobby Jackson they get younger and get a point that is athletic and can actually run.
Bobby Jackson would be a sweet player to get, but i'm just content getting Hilario or Wilcox for now. We'll see what happens after that.
Nene Hilario Info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy