[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Andre Miller
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/6/2002  4:17 PM
Looking at the Nets and Kings this year, they gave up garbage for two All-Star point guards and leaders, Mike Bibby for Jason Williams is laughable, and Jason Kidd for Stephon Marbury is a little bit less absurd.

This is why the Knicks must get Andre Miller. If they must, add the 7th pick. Sign and trade, have Miller signed to a max-extension, then trade Camby, Sprewell, and the first rounder to the Cavs for Andre Miller. I don't care if the Knicks can't get a gamble like Maybyner Hilario, who cares.

Miller averaged 10 assists a game with the Cavs. I saw the Cavs play at the Garden towards the end of the year, and it's a sad bunch. For him to put up the most assists in the game with no legitimate scorer and with Miller being the only option on that team is just a tad under breathtaking. He would either alley-oop Ricky Davis, who has nothing outside of 20 feet, or try to set up something for Wesley Person or Trajan Langdon, both of whom are great shooters but can't create. Or maybe he would lob it downlow to probably the least productive frontline in the history of the NBA, featuring the stellar rookie Desagnia Diop, former UT Longhorn Chris Mihm, and "Big Z" Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

The Knicks are better at shooting guard with Houston, better at powerforward with Thomas. Use the exception on another player downlow and draft a scorer with the 2nd round pick, the draft is that deep. If the Knicks are bad next year, which they probably will, package Thomas/Harrington to a team needing frontcourt help for the playoffs and add a first rounder, give Jackson to a team like Indiana who needs point guard depth for a first rounder. Then you start to rebuild, but around Andre Miller.

He's not a scorer, but Allan Houston is. Say what you want, if you had Allan Houston as the main option on the Knicks and not the 1/2 main option, splitting games as the best player on the Knicks with Latrell Sprewell, AND with Andre Miller at point guard, Houston would average 24 to 27 points. He'd turn into the player the Knicks signed. Most of the people here are hardcore Knicks fans, think of the games Houston took over this year. When his shots falling he's one of the top 20 players in the NBA. With his improvement and Miller at point I think he'd be great.

A Miller/Houston backcourt wouldn't be the best in the league, but it'd be pretty damn good. You wait for some contracts to expire and sign an upcoming big man in a year or two the Knicks are on their way. Miller is the best passer in the NBA, not as flashy as Kidd or Baron Davis, but the best at finding people and creating.

And he's on the block, the Knicks have to get him.

Thoughts?

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 06/06/2002 16:21:00]
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/6/2002  7:36 PM
I like the idea of getting him and i certainly think Layden will make a run for him, but i don't know what to give up. Sprewell, Camby, and our pick is completely crazy and not worth it at all. I don't think any player is worth that much talent except maybe Shaq and Duncan. I would probably offer Spree if we could get our hands on Caron Butler though that seems unlikely now. I think our best shot is hoping someone like Wagner falls to us and packaging him along with Thomas and cash for Miller. I would love to get Miller, but it's going to be very hard.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/6/2002  8:06 PM
I agree that we'd be giving up too much to get Miller. Andre is a great PG but let's face it he's probably not even in the top 3...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/6/2002  8:31 PM
Who would you put ahead of Miller at point? Only Kidd I'd say. Maybe Stockton but he's retiring. Miller led the league in assists per game and overall assists, was 2nd in triple/doubles, was 5th in double/doubles. That's overall, with guys like Duncan and Garnett he was up there. And he almost averaged 17 a game (16.5) on a horrible team. Sprewell avearged 19 (19.4). So he's almost as good Sprewell scoring wise but can lead a team and pass. I think he's too good to pass up on.

True, giving the 7th, Camby, and Sprewell is too much, but I'd still do it. What about to make the salaries work Sprewell and Harrington and the 7th for Miller. Keep the basis of your front line, who you can package in another trade. I doubt the Cavs would include their pick, but Miller is going to be the best point if he got put on a good team. Better then Kidd, better then Bibby, better then everyone on a good team.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/7/2002  10:59 AM
I think Miller is a good player but the Knicks giving Spree, Camby and the number 7 pick is to much for one player. I think that point guard play is at an NBA all time high because of what Kidd, Bibby, Parker and Davis did in the playoffs. I would rather trade Spree and Jackson for Miller.

I also think if the Knicks are smart they would try and get a point through the draft and not add players and new contracts that will keep them from making future deals. As much as I like Miller I don't want the Knicks to shoot themselves in the foot with two maxed out players Houston and Miller. This move will severely limit any chance of adding impact superstar players in the future.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
6/8/2002  11:19 AM
No more max extensions.
Andre Miller

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy