[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why I think Spree should go...
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/6/2002  4:00 PM
Lets face it there is no way the Knicks win a championship next year or the next as long as Shaq Pack is there its not going to happen. What the Knicks need to do is rebuild and start dumping some players. I think dumping Spree at this stage in his career is a wise move it won't be wise to dump him in say two to three years. So I say stop the madness and dump him for a high first round pick for someone who will be ready to go in say two or three years. By trading Spree you get younger. In the draft say the Knicks take Nene with their pick and they trade Spree to Clips or Suns or Cleveland and take a SF say a Butler or Woods. This way the Knicks have youth. Play them through the regular season and suffer the growing pains. They will probably have the worst record in the league and back into the Lottery again this time just suppose they land the number 1 with the first pick the NY Knicks pick LeBron James. Now think about it would it be worth it to trade Spree.

[Edited by - Vmart on 06/06/2002 16:04:51]
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/6/2002  4:07 PM
I couldn't agree more. Spree's legs are catching up to him and he's beginning his decline, get rid of him now.
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/6/2002  7:55 PM
Man that'd be the biggest controversy ever if we got the #1 next year.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/7/2002  10:17 AM
Posted by VG:

Man that'd be the biggest controversy ever if we got the #1 next year.

Why does there have to be controversy. It would be the luck of the draw and nothing more. Its only controversy if the Knicks get the best record of the worst teams and win the lottery. But there would be no controversy if the Knicks are truely bad and win the lottery. Why is there no controversy over Houston winning, no one seems to care and chalk it up as luck of the draw.
Knick2001
Member: #83
6/7/2002  7:37 PM
As much as I agree with you that I would like to see Sprewell, Houston and Camby gone, it's not going to happen. As for being the worst team next year, Denver should have that locked up.
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
6/8/2002  10:28 PM
I dont think there is any question that Spree needs to get the boot. As stated he has clearly peaked, plus he continues his immature image by acting like a fool any chance he gets. In addition, he seems obsessed with playing G.M, and judging by his suggestions, he is about one notch higher on the dumb **** ladder than Layden (lets get Gatling?). No way we can win with him, might as well get something out of him.

It shouldnt be hard to move him, he is still a good player, and doesnt have an absurd contract. They could trade him easy. The problem is with a guy like Houston making 100 million, combined with the scrubs who clog the Knicks team who do nothing other than collect fat ass paychecks which serve as an albatross around the neck of the organization. No other G.M will take on those type of contracts in a salary cap conscious league. Plus nobody seems as faucking retarded as the G.M we "so lucky" to have

P.S it would have been great for the Knicks to be the team to knock out the Shaq Pack dynasty if mangement would have had their **** straight.
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
Why I think Spree should go...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy