win the world series
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/1/2005  5:20 PM
I figured I'd post this since the trade deadline has passed.
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
8/1/2005  7:11 PM
Please post these threads in the OT forum.

The Knicks thread is for Knicks-related topics.

Some of us actually enjoy being able to discuss basketball in the summer without having to weave thru all the baseball talk.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2005  7:17 PM
My mind says miss the playoffs but my heart says win the world series
Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2005  7:19 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Some of us actually enjoy being able to discuss basketball in the summer without having to weave thru all the baseball talk.
Nobody actually reads those forums. Posting a thread there is a good way to never have your thread read. Many posters post about the Yankees here because they want to know what their fellow Knick fans think about the Yankees. You can ignore all threads marked "OT" if you're not interested in the threads. There are plenty of threads here that I'm not interested in too.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
8/1/2005  7:26 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Nobody actually reads those forums. Posting a thread there is a good way to never have your thread read. Many posters post about the Yankees here because they want to know what their fellow Knick fans think about the Yankees. You can ignore all threads marked "OT" if you're not interested in the threads. There are plenty of threads here that I'm not interested in too.

I know what u mean- I never read the off-topic suff that often either. I figured that I'd pull your coat about it before the Martin & Andrew did.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
8/1/2005  7:35 PM
Yankees ain't gonna make the playoffs. The AL eAST is STACKED.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/1/2005  8:17 PM
The Yankees will win the division. Book it.
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
8/1/2005  9:00 PM
The Yanks will make the playoffs, if not winning the division, then wildcard. As for playoff predictons, it depends where they finish and on who they play.

Actually, the Yankees may be better served as wildcard this year than division winner. The past few years, the wildcard has to play the division winner with the best record NOT in their own division. This of course led to a situation last couple of years where Boston as wildcard played the AL west winner while they Yanks got the perrenial punching bag Minnesota Twins.

If NY/Boston are both in this year, though, the wildcard team will play Chigago, who has the best record, while the AL East winner will play west winner (probably Anaheim)

Now, I know we just won 2 of 3, but they gave those games away, and killed us just a couple weeks ago. Playing a first round series with the Angels, with them having homefield, is a scary proposition for any right-minded Yankee fan. I'll take the wildcard and take my chances with Chicago.

[Edited by - ctknicksfan on 08/01/2005 21:00:41]
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
8/1/2005  9:07 PM
don't care, yankee forums have to be on the internet i think.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
bobs3304
8/1/2005  10:26 PM
Yanks aren't even gonna make the wildcard. The A's are murdering now.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Rich
USA
8/1/2005  10:55 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

You're right. The A's are a bigger threat to the Sox.
bobs3304
8/1/2005  11:43 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by bobs3304:

Not only that, but Boston is the one team that Rivera can't dominate, and he's really they're only solid performer on the mound. Take away him, and the Yanks are just a good hitting ballclub with little to no defense.

When Schilling gets back (assuming he does), the Sox will be that much better. Clement is coming back this week against the Royals, so everything's falling into place. They brought in Jose Cruz Jr. in case they needed outfield help, and while the Yankees have a slightly better offense, (Ortiz and Manny ain't no slouches), the Sox easily win in the pitching department.
Rich
USA
8/2/2005  12:16 AM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by bobs3304:

Not only that, but Boston is the one team that Rivera can't dominate, and he's really they're only solid performer on the mound. Take away him, and the Yanks are just a good hitting ballclub with little to no defense.

When Schilling gets back (assuming he does), the Sox will be that much better. Clement is coming back this week against the Royals, so everything's falling into place. They brought in Jose Cruz Jr. in case they needed outfield help, and while the Yankees have a slightly better offense, (Ortiz and Manny ain't no slouches), the Sox easily win in the pitching department.

Really? Have you watched Rivera pitch this season or examined his stats?

WHIP: 0.78 BAA: .153 ERA: 0.97

Schilling is cancelled out by RJ. Moose is better than Clement, and Clement, like Pavano earlier in the season, could take some time getting over the psychological effects of getting hit with a ball in the head.

Cruz has been awful due to a back problem.

The Sox have no one who compares to Rivera or Gordon.

If Wang comesback (he threw without pain today), look out.

Manny and Ortiz are good, but A-Rod, Sheff, Matsui, and Giambi are better.
OT: Yankee predictions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy