[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Caron Butler
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/3/2002  10:47 PM
if caron falls to us, or wagner, i expect layden to pick either of those guys and try to trade spree and kt for someone, anyone.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/3/2002  11:35 PM
I agree, Butler and Wags are too good to pass up on.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
6/4/2002  1:32 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I agree, Butler and Wags are too good to pass up on.
better than wilcox, nene, gooden.

qyntel might be great, but an unknown.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
6/4/2002  2:41 AM
I GET GOOSEBUMPS JUST THINKING ABOUT THE CHANCE OF BUTLER COMMING TO NEW YORK...BUT WE HAVE SUCH A GREAT GM WE ALL KNOW WHO THE KNICKS ARE PICKING.......THE GREAT Curtis Borchardt!
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/4/2002  11:06 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

if caron falls to us, or wagner, i expect layden to pick either of those guys and try to trade spree and kt for someone, anyone.

I would take Butler but the guy I think the Knicks should get is Hilario. But if the Knicks trade Spree for say the Clippers 8th and pick Hilario with that and Butler with their 7th. That would give the Knicks a mean front court for the future.
Caseloads
6/4/2002  11:57 AM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Caseloads:

I would take Butler but the guy I think the Knicks should get is Hilario. But if the Knicks trade Spree for say the Clippers 8th and pick Hilario with that and Butler with their 7th. That would give the Knicks a mean front court for the future.
Clippers don't need spree with the 8th pick. they have enough swingmen, and cheap too. They'd probably take camby for the 8th... but we should unload weatherspoon's contract too- and take back some of their talent.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/4/2002  2:24 PM
Butler is one of the few instant starters in the draft. Spree hasnt been piquing anybodys interest lately. Maybe 2 years ago KT and Spree wcould have landed us a Rasheed Wallace, but I dont know about now. If we can find a way to get a top 8 PF via trade I would be extremely happy. I hope for Antonio McDyess, but I would even settle for Antonio Davis.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/4/2002  3:04 PM
Butler's stock has risen so much lately. I see him going from 3 to 5, but not dropping to us. Wagner will go between 3 and us at 7 so we could have a shot at him. It's about the same situation with Gooden. Wilcox could go as high as four and as low as nine, but won't likely drop below us. If he's available than he's a reasonable pick-up. Hilario could go has high as 6th to Cleveland, but a more reasonable projection would be in between us at 7 and phoenix at 9. Any of these players would be fine with me.
BigSm00th
USA
6/4/2002  3:41 PM
I agree, it all depends on who Golden State picks at 3. If they pick Butler or Wagner. I think Dunleavy will go to the Grizz at 4, then the Nuggets pick a power forward to backup McDyess. Cavs need help downlow with all their injured players, so whoever isn't picked by the Warriors at 3 should fall to the Knicks.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
6/4/2002  3:55 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I agree, it all depends on who Golden State picks at 3. If they pick Butler or Wagner. I think Dunleavy will go to the Grizz at 4, then the Nuggets pick a power forward to backup McDyess. Cavs need help downlow with all their injured players, so whoever isn't picked by the Warriors at 3 should fall to the Knicks.
Okay, let's look at this in perspective.

With the 1st pick Houston will take Ming no doubt.

At #2 Williams is pretty much a lock with Chicago, but they could also look at Butler and Dunleavy.

Assuming Williams and Ming are gone, Golden State will likely either pick Wagner, Dunleavy, or Butler and maybe even consider Gooden with #3.

The Memphis pick is up in the air right now. It seems like they have almosted promised Butler that 4th spot if he's still there. If not they will consider Dunleavy first, then Gooden, Wagner, and Wilcox.

I disagree with you in thinking Denver will take a power forward to back up McDyess. Thats their strongest and deepest position as they also have Juwan Howard, Donnell Harvey, and Ryan Bowen there. They will grab Butler if he's there and the same with Dunleavy. They would also take Wagner. I'm pretty sure it will be one of those three, but i won't bet on it just yet.

The Cavs could use depth at every position except center. They would love to get there hands on Wagner, Dunleavy, Gooden, or Butler if one of them falls. They will also take a long look at Wilcox, Woods, and Nene.

With the 7th pick, New York will likely have one of these players fall to them; Gooden, Wilcox, Wagner, or Butler. The one who does i think they will take. They will also consider Hilario and Borchardt.

Thats how i see the top 7 picks for now, but things will probably change soon.
Caseloads
6/4/2002  4:05 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

maybe... i can see gooden falling the hardest.

yao/jay williams at 1/2
wagner/dunleavy/skeeta/butler at 3/4/5 picks

wagner could go to GS or memphis, denver needs scoring
dunleavy could go GS or memphis, denver too
skeeta - none of these teams want to miss out on the next gasol - GS/memphis/denver
butler - supposedly the next pierce - none of the next 3/4/5 teams want to miss out on that

cleveland is probably going to pick a pf - gooden or wilcox, might pick up wagner or butler if either is still on the board.

gooden/skeeta or wilcox have a better chance of falling to NY.
woods, nene, jeffries will all still probably be on the board when we pick.
BigSm00th
USA
6/4/2002  5:57 PM
I thought the Grizz were going to pick Dunleavy, due to West and Dunleavy, Sr. being friends, but Butler makes sense too. The reason I say Denver picks a power forward is because it enables them to trade McDyess for a guard. If their not sold on Harvey then I'd say they pick a front court guy.

Still, talent will be available at 7. Whether it be Wagner or Butler, or Gooden if he falls (every year someone falls, like Eddie Griffin last year), even if the Knicks wind up with Hilario I'll be ecstatic. What a year to be in the lottery.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
6/4/2002  9:10 PM
Still, talent will be available at 7. Whether it be Wagner or Butler, or Gooden if he falls (every year someone falls, like Eddie Griffin last year), even if the Knicks wind up with Hilario I'll be ecstatic. What a year to be in the lottery.
Next year's draft will probably be even deeper, but i can definitely see where you're coming from when you say it's a great year to be in the lottery because it is. I think we will go with either Wilcox, Gooden, or Hilario and i will be jumping for joy if anyone of them become Knicks.
Caseloads
6/4/2002  9:21 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Next year's draft will probably be even deeper, but i can definitely see where you're coming from when you say it's a great year to be in the lottery because it is. I think we will go with either Wilcox, Gooden, or Hilario and i will be jumping for joy if anyone of them become Knicks.
i'm not sold on gooden and think he's gonna just be an average guy. just not excited about him...
Caron Butler

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy