[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Camby to Houston along with 7th pick...
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/3/2002  11:34 AM
From what I hear Camby might be going to Houston Rockets with the 7th pick for Houston's number 1. I think the Knicks might just get what they want this time. I am sure they would have to take another player along with the number 1. Would anyone in their right mind do this trade knowing Camby's injury history. Houston might use this as a way to dump some contracts on the Knicks.

[Edited by - Vmart on 06/03/2002 11:35:39]
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/3/2002  11:57 AM
it gets worse..

The latest from the Knicks, who have made no secret of their desire to land Ming, is that they will offer Sprewell, Kurt Thomas, and their #8 pick in exchange for Kelvin Cato, Mo Taylor, or Kenny Thomas and the #1 pick. There is some cap fodder to be made up, but that's easily done. The Rockets don't have enough cap space this summer to help themselves in free agency, so they have to leverage this #1 pick to get themselves into the playoffs. Adding Latrell Sprewell would certainly do that.

However I did email the rocket guy (from hoopsworld) about it and he said not too worry, the rockets want young players (potential snag right?) and a lottery pick.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/3/2002  12:36 PM
Funny also that the Rockets (who need big guys) would be giving up 2 of their own....for Spree, a position that they already have filled (i know...and Kurt too). Not to mention another player that really needs shots.

Sometimes I think that all those BBall sites that charge $ just make up stuff to get people to sign up.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Fordy74
Member: #51
USA
6/3/2002  12:54 PM
OH GOD!!!!!
Layden, just pick Wagner,Wilcox, or Nene please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
6/3/2002  1:08 PM
Id take Kenny and the 1st. But I dont think they would give us Kenny Thomas. They probably wanna give us Cato. The question is at #1 do you still go with Ming or do you go with Williams. Because the Nuggets also wanted the #1 for McDyess and #5. Maybe we can make a deal with Denver that we end up up with McDyess + Thomas + #5 pick.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/3/2002  1:09 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Funny also that the Rockets (who need big guys) would be giving up 2 of their own....for Spree, a position that they already have filled (i know...and Kurt too). Not to mention another player that really needs shots.

Sometimes I think that all those BBall sites that charge $ just make up stuff to get people to sign up.
Why would the Rockets trade with NY when they could trade with the Clippers - they could get the Clippers' #8 and 12 picks and Lamar Odom for the #1 pick and junk (Kenny Thomas/Kelvin Cato).
Caseloads
6/3/2002  1:13 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Id take Kenny and the 1st. But I dont think they would give us Kenny Thomas. They probably wanna give us Cato. The question is at #1 do you still go with Ming or do you go with Williams. Because the Nuggets also wanted the #1 for McDyess and #5. Maybe we can make a deal with Denver that we end up up with McDyess + Thomas + #5 pick.
McDyess was injured badly - never go for an injured baller I'd say.
Vmart
USA
6/3/2002  2:16 PM
Posted by Fordy74:

OH GOD!!!!!
Layden, just pick Wagner,Wilcox, or Nene please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say stay put at 7 trade Spree for the 8th pick and start rebuilding. The Knicks need to get younger. As a Knick fan I wouldn't mind the Knicks playing their rookies and letting them grow. This way the Knicks can enter the lottery again and you know the rest LeBron James. Just imagine him in a Knicks uniform, That would be the hottest selling uniform in Knicks history.

Butler
Hilario
Camby
James
Houston

The Knicks become younger more athletic and they build a core of player that will grow together.

I know this sounds far fetched but I didn't think the Knicks would have been in the Lottery this season either. Besides there is no way they win a championship next year not with Shaq and Company out west. Its not worth it to get to the playoffs to lose. Knicks need to be smart about this and concentrate on rebuilding.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/3/2002  4:01 PM
I think Cleveland will get the number one pick, LeBron is almost their player, he plays at Gund Arena, he practices with the team, etc., I doubt the Rockets would do that Spree/Thomas and others trade when they have from the Clips the number 8 pick, Odom, and Maggette for number 1, so the Clips could select Jay Williams and let McInnis walk.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
USA
6/3/2002  4:22 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think Cleveland will get the number one pick, LeBron is almost their player, he plays at Gund Arena, he practices with the team, etc.,

I don't think the NBA works like that they like their superstars in big cities. Besides who would have thought Houston would get the number 1. I think James would prefer to play in a cty like LA, NY, Chicago, there is more money to be made there. Unless he is like Duncan who would rather not play in a big town.
nykinoz
Member: #205
Australia
6/3/2002  6:29 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by falcindor:

McDyess was injured badly - never go for an injured baller I'd say.

Baron Davis seriously injured his knee, you wouldn't tkae him??
What about KMart??
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/3/2002  7:03 PM
The Knicks trading for Camby would probably be a ploy to get under the cap, not to get better. He's a free agent in 2003, and if they could trade a guy with a big contract like Spree or Houston and others I'd do it. But still, don't trade the pick for an injured player, I agree. Davis and Martin are different stories, they're still pretty young. McDyess has to be nearing 30 now, and last time Denver traded him he wound up with Phoenix and went back to Denver in the offseason. I would stay away from Dyess.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
6/3/2002  7:10 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

The Knicks trading for Camby would probably be a ploy to get under the cap, not to get better. He's a free agent in 2003, and if they could trade a guy with a big contract like Spree or Houston and others I'd do it. But still, don't trade the pick for an injured player, I agree. Davis and Martin are different stories, they're still pretty young. McDyess has to be nearing 30 now, and last time Denver traded him he wound up with Phoenix and went back to Denver in the offseason. I would stay away from Dyess.
good, trade camby, keep KT, ditch houston on houston. keep spree, his contract is decent. ditch anderson/eisley/weatherspoon if possible.
Camby to Houston along with 7th pick...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy