[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BREAKING NEWS....KNICKS OFFER BROWN CONTRACT AND BROWN ACCEPTS (NY TIMES)
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2006  12:48 AM
well when you predict everything Isiah touches will turn to crap your working with pretty good odds
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/27/2006  3:53 PM
Posted by fishmike:

well when you predict everything Isiah touches will turn to crap your working with pretty good odds

I get your point but that's not completely fair to me. I call out his bad moves but I give reasons as to why they won't work, I don't just give a blanket "It sucks, it won't work" statement.

I said the Marbury trade was bad because we gave up too much and took back too much salary for a severely flawed selfish player. How did that turn out?

I said the Crawford trade was bad because you can't give that much money and for that long of a period to a gunner who isn't that accurate or smart enough to wait for more than 4 seconds before launching a bad shot. How did that turn out?

I said the Kurt Thomas trade was bad because they were trading their best interior defender and a solid role player whose trade value was higher than a broken down Q and a 5'9 SG. How is that working out? KT still has more trade value than Q and Nate put together.

I said the Curry trade was ridiculous because we gave up a ton for a player who is always out of shape, has a heart condition that makes him untradeable since his contract isn't insurable, has a very poor work ethic, doesn't play any defense and is a poor rebounder. Although I did neglect to mention that he has no offensive game whatsoever other than to bull his way to the basket and hope for the best. How is that turning out? Just ask the Bulls come this summer when they get a top 3 pick and the cap room to sign a good free agent.

So back to what SlimPack said. Islesfan...Super Genius
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/27/2006  4:14 PM
Isles...considering what it cost us to get Francis (basically nothing) you are spot on for your reasons why we got ripped off in the Marbury trade. Although he was coming from a winning situation so his value was a little higher - but Zeke still got robbed.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/27/2006  4:51 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Isles...considering what it cost us to get Francis (basically nothing) you are spot on for your reasons why we got ripped off in the Marbury trade. Although he was coming from a winning situation so his value was a little higher - but Zeke still got robbed.

The Francis trade wasn't so bad in terms of what we gave up, although considering what he's going to cost including the luxury tax he still has a cap killing contract, but what exactly was the point in getting a player similar to Marbury? To trade him later on? With that contract who exactly is going to take him or Marbury, much less trading them for players like KG or Jermaine O'Neal? One player like that is hard enough to trade, so you get another one?? Sure, let's duplicate that area when we're so deficient in so many others. It's non sensical.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2006  4:52 PM
[quote]
Posted by diderotn:

one thing is for sure, Frye and James will make players think twice when penetrating the paint. I can't wait to see what those two can do together on the court. I can't wait. If Lenny was still around, we probably would have never have the chance to see such combo, because we all know that Lenny wasn't innovative enough. He would have never taken the chance to try a new lineup.

[quote]

Yup
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2006  5:00 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by OasisBU:

The Francis trade wasn't so bad in terms of what we gave up, although considering what he's going to cost including the luxury tax he still has a cap killing contract, but what exactly was the point in getting a player similar to Marbury? To trade him later on? With that contract who exactly is going to take him or Marbury, much less trading them for players like KG or Jermaine O'Neal? One player like that is hard enough to trade, so you get another one?? Sure, let's duplicate that area when we're so deficient in so many others. It's non sensical.

I think beyond the fact that we only really gave up Ariza for Franchise there are several reason Brown wanted him:

- Nate and Jamal SUCK at PG duty. Knicks don't have a guy they can trust to run the offense and Brown would rather have Nate on the bench for a year and JC at backup SG.

- If the opportunity presents itself, to trade for a stud guy at a power position, you really can't just give up Frye. Frye+Marb or Frye+Steve will do it.

- With the way handchecking is today, guards who get to the basket and can take contact to draw fouls are going to be premium. Nate can't do it or doesn't really understand how to finish or pass. JC avoids contact and does weird floater stuff instead of going all the way. Q is broke and is still toeing the 3 point line like he was back in Phoenix.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  5:31 PM
Posted by islesfan:

I said the Kurt Thomas trade was bad because they were trading their best interior defender and a solid role player whose trade value was higher than a broken down Q and a 5'9 SG. How is that working out? KT still has more trade value than Q and Nate put together.

The only trade I disagree with you on is the Kurt Thomas trade. He just went down with a stress fracture, he's 33, can't jump and very much on the down side of a nice career. I had no problem dumping old for young. But then, I thought we were actually rebuilding.

Good call on pretty much everything else though.
¿ △ ?
BREAKING NEWS....KNICKS OFFER BROWN CONTRACT AND BROWN ACCEPTS (NY TIMES)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy