[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA Wanting Another Team?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/2/2002  3:18 PM
The NBA is thinking of adding another team in Charlotte to replace for the Hornets, but is this a good idea? Stern wants 30 teams in 6 divison, 3 divisons per conference. This could go two ways; first, teams like Atlanta and Cleveland who have no fans, they're just going to get weaker (though I think Cleveland is going to get LeBron next year) but also, with the influx of foreign players and the NBDL, the talent pool is bigger then ever, so the NBA might have the necessary amount of talent. Just thinking off hand, the 5 closest teams to the Knicks (and therefore would probably be in their division) would be the Nets, Wizards, 76ers, Celtics, and then who? Miami and Orlando are both in the south and probably would be in the southern division with teams like Charlotte, New Orleans, and Memphis. Who would be the 6th team? My guess is Cleveland.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/2/2002  4:52 PM
hey you only need 5 teams per conference, like you said that would be

Nets, Wizards, 76ers, Celtics and the Knicks.
BigSm00th
USA
6/2/2002  5:09 PM
Oh, ha, my bad. What are everyone's thoughts on this, though? Is it good or bad for the NBA?
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/2/2002  10:50 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Oh, ha, my bad. What are everyone's thoughts on this, though? Is it good or bad for the NBA?
bad to re-align. good to add one more team. need to shift more teams west. like pacers or something.
killacross
Member: #58
USA
6/2/2002  11:07 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

hey you only need 5 teams per conference, like you said that would be

Nets, Wizards, 76ers, Celtics and the Knicks.

Looks good to me. 76ers are overated. Walker is one offseason away from turning into Vin "please will you pass me the doughnuts" Baker. Wizards just suck all together. So it would be a great rivalry between us and the Nets. And the nets are one JKidd injury away from being a lottery team. Maybe we can talk to the guy who hurt nancy karrigan.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
BigSm00th
USA
6/2/2002  11:17 PM
Yeah, realignment would take place in two years, because they can't add an entire team in one offseason, so the Knicks would hopefully by then have some pieces to build around. I don't think 'Toine is like Glenn Robinson though, but I could easily see him turning into that now that I'm thinking of it. Wizards might be on the rise with a good draft pick this season and if Brown develops and Haywood continues to develop. 76ers are always changing but with Iverson they're dangerous every night, and the Nets might not even be able to keep Kidd once he becomes a free-agent. If they get pounded by the Lakers, which I think will happen, then have an early playoff exit the next year Kidd could be gone. I don't know where though, maybe out west to a team that contends (unlike the Suns), because Kidd wants a championship. He grew up in Cali, wouldn't that be absolutely horrible if he signed with the Lakers in two years. A Kidd/Kobe backcourt and Shaq downlow would be absolutely unfair. Anyway, I've already rambled too far off topic, I'm going to bed. Later all.
#Knickstaps
nykinoz
Member: #205
Australia
6/3/2002  1:48 AM
The East could create the Divisions like this:

Milwaukee
Chicago
Indiana
Detroit
Cleveland

Toronto
Boston
New York
New Jersey
Philadelphia

Washington
Charlotte
Atlanta
Orlando
Miami

You could swap Cleveland and TDot if you like.

I suppose the next issue would be the Expansion Draft.

Which 8 Knicks would you class as "protected players"
Mine would be
-------------
Sprewell
Camby
Thomas
Houston
Harrington
Postell
#7 pick
Jackson

Anderson, Ward, Knight, Spencer, Ho, Robinson and Spoon get the flick.

[Edited by - nykinoz on 06/03/2002 01:55:40]
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
6/3/2002  8:31 AM
Why not NOT protect Houston.. Get rid of the contract... That way someone takes him if they can afford the contract, and if they can't you send a signal to AH and protect one more on the squad.
The Old Man of UK...
NBA Wanting Another Team?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy