[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Qyntel Woods and Jared Jefferies
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
5/31/2002  7:54 AM
I saw their intervoews yesterday on MSG Angles. Jared Jeffies gave a great informal interview. But Qyntel Woods wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed. When asked why the Knicks should pick him, he said because he is good. He said the only player he knows n the Knicks is Latrell Sprewell.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/31/2002  8:00 PM
They both seem like good talents, but i honestly don't see them being worth the Knicks 7th pick. From what i here Qyntel Woods stock has dropped a little because of his drug habits in high school. He said thats in the past now, but it's amazing how much that stuff can hurt his stock now. He is now projected in the mid-to-late lottery compared to when he was observed as a top 5 pick awhile back. Jeffries is looking better and better, but one's stock can only improve so much. I think he made himself a lock for the lottery, but you can't ask for anymore from him right now. The next two weeks will be the workouts for the players we really need to keep track of. Wagner was today's guy, Gooden will be here sometime next week. Wilcox has a workout date for june 15th i'm pretty sure, and they are also trying to get Dunleavy in once and Nene Hilario in for a second workout. Also, did anyone here how Marcus Haislip did in yesterday's workout? He won't be worth a 7th pick, but you never know, the Knicks could like him enough to trade for another pick in order to get him. I personally think we will get Wilcox, Hilario, or Gooden in that order.
Knixkik
USA
5/31/2002  10:18 PM
Another interesting draft tidbit i found on nbadraft.net is on Sam Clancy. He will be a late first to early second round pick. His profile says that he's slightly under 6-7 without shoes, though he's listed at 6-7 1/2. The amazing part is he is said to have a 7-2 3/4 inch wingspan and comparing it to his height it's more impressive than Nene Hilario who is 6-10 and has a wingspan exactly 2 inches longer. I think Clancy having that long of arms makes him a couple inches taller in a way because no one his height has arms like that. He's another undersized power forward but he's got a nice shooting touch and is someone to look at when considering guys that could be around in the early second round.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/31/2002  10:26 PM
If clancy is there in the second round take him.. he is undersized but his long arms make him bigger, plus he is strong and a nice post game, remember Jamal Maglore looks like he is almost 7 foot because of his long arms, but in fact he is only like 6'9 or 6'10.....Something to think about.. Now with the 7th pick, if wagner is there take him, if not Wilcox then gooden..If we could get another Pick this will be a very interesting draft!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
falcindor
USA
6/1/2002  7:49 AM
id take jefferies if we can trade down to 10.
Knixkik
USA
6/1/2002  9:02 AM
Posted by falcindor:

id take jefferies if we can trade down to 10.
We don't want to trade down, we should only try to add picks. Keep guys like Weatherspoon, Harrington, Eisley, Ward, and Jax available and if someone bites then we can see what we can get. Maybe at least a later first round pick would be nice.
falcindor
USA
6/2/2002  10:14 AM
I have done a 180* turn on Jefferies. Alot of people are impressed by him and his new body. He did win a few awards. He did lead his team to the final four. I love players that are smart and know the game well. He definitely knowlageable and coachable. Here is my list of players we should look at. I didnt include player who will be gone by #7.

#1- Jared Jefferies 6-11 240, He looks like he will be a combo of Jermaine Oneal and Dirk Nowitki
#2- Drew Gooden 6-10 ???, The next Antawn Jamison, tweener
#3- Caron Butler 6-7 240, The next Glenn Robinson (the early years)
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/2/2002  12:09 PM
What I love about Jared is the growth in his game. Year after year he gets better instead of more polished like Drew per example.

Still I'd rather go for Dajaun, Nene or Wilcox but Jared is moving up in the most wanted draftee list.
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/2/2002  1:15 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

What I love about Jared is the growth in his game. Year after year he gets better instead of more polished like Drew per example.

Still I'd rather go for Dajaun, Nene or Wilcox but Jared is moving up in the most wanted draftee list.
true
Knixkik
USA
6/2/2002  5:44 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Yeah thats about the same way i feel about this whole Jeffries deal. He has improved a lot, but probably not enough to surpass Wilcox, Gooden, Nene, etc... on the draft most wanted list for us.
Qyntel Woods and Jared Jefferies

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy