22. Phoenix Jason Jennings
23. Detroit Roger Mason Jr
24. New Jersey Dan Dickau
25. Denver Boris Diaw-Riffiod
26. San Antonio Rod Grizzard
27. La Lakers Sam Clancy
28. Sacramento Dan Gadzuric

First Mock Draft
1. Golden State Jason Williams 6-2 195 Duke.
2. Chicago Yao Ming 7-5 295 Shanghai, China.
3. Memphis Drew Gooden 6-10 230 Kansas.
4. Denver Dejuan Wagner 6-3 200 Memphis.
5. Houston Qyntel Woods 6-9 230 Northeast CC.
6. Cleveland Mike Dunleavy 6-9 220 Duke.
7. New York Chris Wilcox 6-10 240 Maryland.
8. LAC Nickoloz Tskitishvili 7-0 220 Georgia.
9. Phoenix Curtis Borchardt 7-0 230 Stanford.
10. Miami Caron Butler 6-7 235 UConn.
11. Washington Jared Jeffries 6-10 220 Indiana.
12. LAC Maybyner "Nene" Hilario 6-10 260 Brazil.
13. Milwaukee Chris Marcus 7-1 285 Western Kentucky.
14. Indiana Amare Stoudemire 6-10 240 HSSr.
15. Houston Melvin Ely 6-10 255 Fresno St.
16. Philadelphia Kareem Rush 6-6 215 Missouri.
17. Charlotte Marcus Haislip 6-10 230 Tennessee.
18. Orlando Sam Clancy 6-7 240 USC.
19. Utah Frank Williams 6-3 205 Illinois.
20. Toronto Bostjan Nachbar 6-8 210 Slovenia.
21. Portland Dan Gadzuric 6-11 245 UCLA.
22. Phoenix Roger Mason Jr. 6-5 200 Virginia.
23. Detroit Carlos Boozer 6-9 270 Duke.
24. New Jersey Dan Dickau 6-1 190 Gonzaga.
25. Denver Rod Grizzard 6-8 205 Alabama.
26. San Antonio Luis Scola 6-10 230 Argentina.
27. LAL Jason Jennings 7-0 250 Arkansas St.
28. Sacramento Jamal Sampson 6-11 225 California.

I will probably make one more before the draft. Comments please.
AUTOADVERT
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
5/29/2002  5:22 PM
I hope we dont draft willcox, its like drafting a younger version of Kurt Thomas
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/29/2002  5:28 PM
Well I like the mock, don't think Phoenix will take a SF with their 9th pick though as they've been working out all the lottery projected PF's. I really don't rate Melvin Ely that high but we'll see what happens in the draft.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/29/2002  6:44 PM
I know Carrol Dawson has said he won't trade the pick but I believe he will...
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/29/2002  9:17 PM
Posted by Starks3:

I hope we dont draft willcox, its like drafting a younger version of Kurt Thomas
I wouldn't really call him a Kurt Thomas. More like a younger McDyess or maybe even Chris Webber if he develops a mid-range game. The fact is we need a guy like this whether it's Wilcox, Gooden, or Hilario. There's no one on this team that's as tough as Wilcox. He will be the future of our team if we draft him now, but make a good impact in his first year as well. The same with the others. I would be happy with one of these guys.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/29/2002  11:37 PM
Wilcox the super athletic, quick, above the rim finisher and shot blocker? Not really comparable at all to Kurt in my opinion.
Posted by Starks3:

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
5/30/2002  1:09 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by Starks3:

I wouldn't really call him a Kurt Thomas. More like a younger McDyess or maybe even Chris Webber if he develops a mid-range game. The fact is we need a guy like this whether it's Wilcox, Gooden, or Hilario. There's no one on this team that's as tough as Wilcox. He will be the future of our team if we draft him now, but make a good impact in his first year as well. The same with the others. I would be happy with one of these guys.
Yea well i know not Kurt Thomas, but i just dont see him having that big of an impact on the knicks. I think he needs another year of college, he will probably struggle his first couple of years in the NBA. I really hope Gooden drops, I think he is more NBA ready, and I know exactly what every one is going to say, that Wilcox destroyed Gooden in the tournament, yea yea yea, but Gooden had to carry his team, unlike Wilcox who basically just had to stop Gooden. So if its out of wilcox, gooden or even Hilario....I would take the others over Wilcox.Thats all I really was trying to state, that Wilcox will have the same type of impact on the Knicks that Kurt Thomas does.

[Edited by - starks3 on 05/30/2002 13:27:15]
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/30/2002  2:33 PM
I don't see the Knicks picking Wilcox, I think they have been down that road before picking Jerrod Mustaff from Maryland. Maryland isn't know for making great NBA players. Francis and Buck Williams are the only ones that come to mind that have done well. Joe Smith, Walt Williams are busts. They should take Hilario over Wilcox. Hilario has more height more weight and the same skill level at this point. If there is a player that the Knicks should concentrate on from Maryland is Dixon to play the point. He has great defensive skills and his passing game will get better with playing time.
Knixkik
USA
5/30/2002  2:47 PM
Posted by Vmart:

I don't see the Knicks picking Wilcox, I think they have been down that road before picking Jerrod Mustaff from Maryland. Maryland isn't know for making great NBA players. Francis and Buck Williams are the only ones that come to mind that have done well. Joe Smith, Walt Williams are busts. They should take Hilario over Wilcox. Hilario has more height more weight and the same skill level at this point. If there is a player that the Knicks should concentrate on from Maryland is Dixon to play the point. He has great defensive skills and his passing game will get better with playing time.
I heard something about insider saying today that Nene Hilario was measured at 6-11 1/4 with shoes. Thats got to mean he has to be around 6-10 1/2 at least barefoot. Adding that extra half inch or so to his height will do great things for his stock. The insider article also said something about him having a good back-to-the-basket game and he could end up being an nba center. I think he will be this year's draft gem.
Vmart
USA
5/30/2002  3:07 PM
Knixkik, you got it right I also read that he is almost 7' in shoes. If that is the case and the guy is only 19 he just may add and inch before he turns 20. Thats reason enough to take him over Wilcox. He is going to be the steal of the draft. If the Knicks are smart they should consider trading to the Suns or Clippers so they can land him.
Knixkik
USA
5/30/2002  3:47 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Knixkik, you got it right I also read that he is almost 7' in shoes. If that is the case and the guy is only 19 he just may add and inch before he turns 20. Thats reason enough to take him over Wilcox. He is going to be the steal of the draft. If the Knicks are smart they should consider trading to the Suns or Clippers so they can land him.
Yeah i can agree with most of what you are saying, however, for some reason people still see Wilcox going between 4 and 7 where they see Hilario going anywhere between 8 and 17. I still see us drafting Wilcox because something makes him a better prospect than Hilario. I still see Nene going between 7 and 12, but there's something about Wilcox that people still think teams won't pass up on.
Vmart
USA
5/30/2002  4:09 PM

I think winning the National championship has something to do with that. Also when you look at him he looks like a bigger Spree clone. I don't think they are going to take him though. I would go with Hilario he looks more versitile he probably can play center and powerforward. Where Wilcox can play only pf. Getting Hilario allows the Knicks to play Camby at the pf position.

[Edited by - Vmart on 05/30/2002 16:13:38]
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
5/30/2002  4:34 PM
Even if Nene is a better player/prospect than Wilcox I don't see Layden taking Nene. I think Wilcox is the safer pick because at least you know he will be here and he's got muscle and will turn out to be a decent player at worst. Nene, though he has the potential to be a great player, also may have problems adjusting to the US. If Nene is a bust then Layden WILL be fired. at least Wilcox wont be horrendous. That's why I see Layden taking Wilcox or maybe Gooden.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Vmart
USA
5/30/2002  4:47 PM
Posted by nyballer:

Even if Nene is a better player/prospect than Wilcox I don't see Layden taking Nene. I think Wilcox is the safer pick because at least you know he will be here and he's got muscle and will turn out to be a decent player at worst. Nene, though he has the potential to be a great player, also may have problems adjusting to the US. If Nene is a bust then Layden WILL be fired. at least Wilcox wont be horrendous. That's why I see Layden taking Wilcox or maybe Gooden.

I would go with Nene if I were the GM. I haven't heard a peep from Wilcox since he declared for the draft. But Hilario has been the talk. Everyone that he has tried out for has said only good thing about him. I say the Knicks take him if at worst he ends up like a Keon Clark. Still good pick. I like Hilario for one reason only his work ethic. The man is dedicated, just by what he has done in the last 1-2 months he has put on 20-30 pound of muscle his height has even increased in that time. I think Knicks fans wanted Camby to do something like that since he put on a Knick uniform but he never did. The safe bet is Hilario.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/30/2002  5:10 PM
My fear is that Layden makes a safe pick like Wilcox just to keep his job. If he picks Hilario and he's not on the roster next year, there will be riots in NYC. Layden would be fired if the Knicks didn't have a 1st rounder on this team next year. If he takes Wilcox and he averages 10 points and 7 boards next year, Layden looks great, but in the long run I think Hilario will pan out to be much better then Wilcox. If Gooden drops they should seriously consider him, but Hilario's strength and height means he can play center.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
5/30/2002  6:03 PM
I see Drew Gooden as the safest bet because we know he can already has his skills developed. Chris Wilcox will be a good player because he will develop his skills and i'm sure he will impress once he gets involved in workouts. PLus we need a player like him more than someone like Gooden. I think we haven't heard much about Wilcox because last i checked he was still a student at Maryland and you can't work out for teams when you're in school. Borchardt, Marcus, and others have that same problem. Nene is in about the same situation as Wilcox with his skills, only he hasn't displayed them against US competition in awhile, though he did abuse everyone he faced at the Knicks workout. It's a tough choice right now, but things will clear up by the time the draft comes around.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/30/2002  6:48 PM
I think the main reason why Wilcox is currently predicted to go higher than Nene is simply that Nene played overseas while Wilcox had the advantage of playing at home. But make no mistake about it, Nene is the better physical specimen and is the better rebounder and shot-blocker. His potential is ridiculous, while I do agree that Layden will probably go with the safer option of Wilcox, I do think that Hilario in the long run will prove to be a more prodctive player...
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/30/2002  7:41 PM
Posted by VG:

I think the main reason why Wilcox is currently predicted to go higher than Nene is simply that Nene played overseas while Wilcox had the advantage of playing at home. But make no mistake about it, Nene is the better physical specimen and is the better rebounder and shot-blocker. His potential is ridiculous, while I do agree that Layden will probably go with the safer option of Wilcox, I do think that Hilario in the long run will prove to be a more prodctive player...
all these players depend on coaches that tap their potential and use them correctly, or in our case, use them at all. Postell could be a baller, but in NY, we'll never know, because he doesn't get to showcase and learn on the court like other young players do.
Vmart
USA
5/30/2002  8:13 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by VG:

all these players depend on coaches that tap their potential and use them correctly, or in our case, use them at all. Postell could be a baller, but in NY, we'll never know, because he doesn't get to showcase and learn on the court like other young players do.

You hit the nail on the head if Hilario get time to play and not watch from the bench by the time he is 21-22 he will be a good player and will probably get better with age. You are right about Postell he should have been given a better chance than the raw deal he got with the Knicks. If the Knicks were smart they should have had Postell bringing the ball up in the past to improve his ball handling skills. I am the only guy who thinks if they did that he could play point for the Knicks come next year on. Much the same way the Lakers forced Kobe to bring the ball up.
Knixkik
USA
5/30/2002  8:39 PM
I think we know by now what players like Gooden and Wilcox will end up like. Gooden is a career 20pts, 10rebs a game guy and Wilcox will probably be about the same, maybe with a little more on the boards and a little less scoring. Hilario will either put up 20pts, 15rebs, and 3blks a game or 8, 8, and 2 or maybe less. This guy is completely up in the air compared to the others but i personally think he will be a very good player.
Knixkik Mock 2.0

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy