[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Finley becomes available
Author Thread
roblackman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #926
7/19/2005  9:30 PM
Is he worth pursuing? If the Knicks get Brown, I think starting Finley at SF could make us serious contenders in the East...I know I'm crazy, but I'm honest.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/19/2005  9:32 PM
no thanks.

if we dump tim, those minutes should go to ariza and lee.

you're getting a little slap happy with the knicks for THIS season.

let's take it one step at a time and not swing for the fences...

with finley tho, the inside track is pheonix...
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/19/2005  9:33 PM
Nope...we have all we need.
all kool aid all the time.
roblackman
7/19/2005  9:34 PM
Hey, Jerome James is not getting any younger--we need to win one for JJ.
Masterplan
Member: #362
7/19/2005  9:34 PM
get rid of TT, we're fine with Q ariza and our PFs, lee JYD and rose.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/19/2005  9:39 PM
and tt is still gonna give us 12 a game...which is more than finley would...I mean, TT has been on the team and has a chemistry with marbs (believe it or not) and has had some monster games.

Finley would be a waste of a roster spot...I trust Ariza more than him...

sorry, I just do...no go find us a Center or give up the whacky player pickups.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/19/2005  9:40 PM
can we release h20 and resign him?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
why if your Mike Finley would you come here? Your aleady making sick money so you can go anywhere for peanuts and collect $18mm a year. He will go to the Heat or Pistons or replace Q and play with the Suns and his buddy Nash and compete for a title.

Seriously... do people think about these things before posting?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
and there is zero reason for Finley to come to NY.

let me quote tomverve on Isiah and the non-signings of the free agent PFs out there (and replace PF with SF/G for the Finley situation):
Posted by tomverve:

uh... duh. The Knicks have something like 5 or 6 PFs. If you're Swift or Shareef, why do you want to come to the Knicks where you're not guaranteed anything more than 20 mpg? Houston had a gaping hole at PF, and Swift will fill it and get tons of minutes. NJ had a gaping hole at PF, and Shareef will fill it and get tons of minutes. Hell, why did James pick us over everyone else? NY had a gaping hole at C, and James will fill it and get, well, more minutes than he'd get anywhere else at least. See a pattern?

Then there's the angle of team competetiveness. Houston has a marquee center and swingman and made big noise in the playoffs. NJ has a marquee PG and swingman and made big noise in the second half of last season. NY is still trying to climb back to that level.

And with Shareef going to NJ, there's even the added benefit of playing for a coach he knows well and trusts.

OK, so let's sum up. You're a free agent big sizing up some suitors. Let's say you're looking at 3 teams in particular. They all can offer you the same contract, so that's not a factor. Two of the three teams are competetive and will get you lots of PT, while the third is still 'rebuilding' and has a logjam at your position. Which team gets the short end of the stick? It's not exactly rocket science, my fellow geniuses.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
roblackman
7/19/2005  9:44 PM
Posted by fishmike:

or replace Q and play with the Suns and his buddy Nash and compete for a title.

So is Finley replacing Marion or Joe Johnson? Seriously...do people think about these things before posting?
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/19/2005  9:46 PM
Posted by martin:

and there is zero reason for Finley to come to NY.

let me quote tomverve on Isiah and the non-signings of the free agent PFs out there (and replace PF with SF/G for the Finley situation):
Posted by tomverve:

uh... duh. The Knicks have something like 5 or 6 PFs. If you're Swift or Shareef, why do you want to come to the Knicks where you're not guaranteed anything more than 20 mpg? Houston had a gaping hole at PF, and Swift will fill it and get tons of minutes. NJ had a gaping hole at PF, and Shareef will fill it and get tons of minutes. Hell, why did James pick us over everyone else? NY had a gaping hole at C, and James will fill it and get, well, more minutes than he'd get anywhere else at least. See a pattern?

Then there's the angle of team competetiveness. Houston has a marquee center and swingman and made big noise in the playoffs. NJ has a marquee PG and swingman and made big noise in the second half of last season. NY is still trying to climb back to that level.

And with Shareef going to NJ, there's even the added benefit of playing for a coach he knows well and trusts.

OK, so let's sum up. You're a free agent big sizing up some suitors. Let's say you're looking at 3 teams in particular. They all can offer you the same contract, so that's not a factor. Two of the three teams are competetive and will get you lots of PT, while the third is still 'rebuilding' and has a logjam at your position. Which team gets the short end of the stick? It's not exactly rocket science, my fellow geniuses.
everyone is a comedian today.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/19/2005  9:48 PM
i believe he said replace Q...not taking sides, just wondering why you are lashing out.
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by fishmike:

or replace Q and play with the Suns and his buddy Nash and compete for a title.

So is Finley replacing Marion or Joe Johnson? Seriously...do people think about these things before posting?
fishmike
USA
7/19/2005  9:49 PM
I said replace Q
Read what I wrote. The point is he will go a contendor where he's guarenteed to be in the playoffs for years to come.

Why not the Suns? If the Hawks or someone offers Joe $10-$12mm a year the Suns may pass if they have the inside track on Finely, who they could sign for vets minimum.

Sorry if the logic confused you.
roblackman
7/19/2005  9:51 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I said replace Q
Read what I wrote. The point is he will go a contendor where he's guarenteed to be in the playoffs for years to come.

Why not the Suns? If the Hawks or someone offers Joe $10-$12mm a year the Suns may pass if they have the inside track on Finely, who they could sign for vets minimum.

Yes the logic confused me, I finally drew up a truth table to sort it all out. Please. I thought free agents want to start? Then Finley can start in NY. You know what else the Knicks always have to offer? It's called "playing in New York".
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/19/2005  9:53 PM
finley can't start here, he's got gimpy knees and sucks.

Snap out of it...

in the immortal words of roblackman.

lock this thread.
roblackman
7/19/2005  9:54 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

finley can't start here, he's got gimpy knees and sucks.

Snap out of it...

in the immortal words of roblackman.

lock this thread.

Finley does not suck, do your homework young man.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/19/2005  9:56 PM
lock this thread...lock this thread...lock this thread.

Kidding...but honestly, Q rich is waaaaay better than finley and waaaay younger.

Why you jock him so much?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/19/2005  9:56 PM
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by fishmike:

I said replace Q

Yes the logic confused me, I finally drew up a truth table to sort it all out. Please. I thought free agents want to start? Then Finley can start in NY. You know what else the Knicks always have to offer? It's called "playing in New York".

Free agents at the end of their career who are making loads of dough dont want to start, they want to go to a winning team and try for a championship.

And where would Finley find time to play in NY with minutes going to TT, Lee, Ariza, Q, Craw, Marb, Nate. Are those all the 2's and 3's on the team?

I going to quote Tom again: "It's not exactly rocket science, my fellow geniuses."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
7/19/2005  9:57 PM
why is playing in NY a good thing? So you can get roasted in the papers every day? Booed like Houston by the hometown fans? Go to a losing team? Whats the appeal? What FA's have have been willing to come here for cheap? We were the only one bidding for Crawford. We overpayed for Vin Baker and Jerome James.

Tell me one FA in the last 15 years who came to the Knicks for less than market value.

Then if you cant think of one call me a woman
roblackman
7/19/2005  9:57 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

lock this thread...lock this thread...lock this thread.

Kidding...but honestly, Q rich is waaaaay better than finley and waaaay younger.

Why you jock him so much?

Q can play the 2, Finley the 3. Because he's good and better than TT or Ariza.
If Finley becomes available

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy