Various Knicks Rumors
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/27/2002  12:43 PM
All from RealGM.com:

"Peter Vescey reports in his latest column for the New York Post that All-Star forward Wally Szczerbiak of the Minnesota Timberwolves is certainly available, but there is a catch. To acquire the sharp shooter you must also take on the contract of Marc Jackson, all 5-years for $21.2 million. Vescey reports that at least one dozen teams, including the Knicks, have been contacted regarding their interest.

In other news both the Knicks and Wolves are trying to acquire Suns point man Stephon Marbury, the latter of whom is dying to reunite him with Kevin Garnett. The Suns meanwhile would love to re-acquire Antonio McDyess from the Nuggets but according to Vescey that is the last place Antonio would consider playing. San Antonio remains an options.

Finally Vescey reports that the Knicks, Blazers, Warriors and Clippers are bombarding the Bulls and Rockets with all sorts of tempting offers for the draft's top two slots.The Knicks have eyes for Yao Ming while the others all covet Jay Williams. Both teams are expected to stand pat.

#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/27/2002  1:01 PM
From Insider:

Drew Gooden: He's headed to Houston today to work out with high school star Amare Stoudemire. On Saturday, Gooden will work out in Chicago with Nene Hilario and he's just added a workout with the Knicks on the 29th along with Marcus Haislip, Melvin Ely and Darius Songaila.

Looking at that, Haislip and Ely are both predicted to go late lotto, maybe around Phoenix's pick at 9. Could Knicks trade Thomas and the 7th for Marbury and the 9th if the Suns really like someone at 7. I would do that if Wagner and Butler are gone by then.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/27/2002  2:23 PM
I'm glad that New York is trying to bring in the power forwards all at once to compare them. Gooden, Wilcox, and Hilario will all be drafted depending on who needs what. Ely, Haislip, and Stoudemire could also all go in any order.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/27/2002  2:59 PM
I heard Amare bombed his workout and was emabarrased by some less than talented college kids. I heard Amare had to return the next day because he didnt want to leave a bad impression.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/27/2002  3:54 PM
Posted by falcindor:

I heard Amare bombed his workout and was emabarrased by some less than talented college kids. I heard Amare had to return the next day because he didnt want to leave a bad impression.
Yeah he got outplayed by some lesser talents, particularly Ryan Humphrey. His stock will drop a little, but not too much. I think Humphrey's stock will rise a little with this workout. He looks like this year's Donnell Harvey.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/28/2002  7:23 AM
I've always thought Stoudemire was overrated...
Various Knicks Rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy