[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Butler must have put on a nice show
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
5/25/2002  12:54 PM
Everybody had good things to say. Layden even said Butler was a great player and that it didnt matter if Spree or Houston were here he would draft the best player and deal with the rest later. He says Butler may not be around at 7 but Butler has left an impression with him. He said the Knicks do not need to draft a center because he said he will deal with that through trade.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/25/2002  5:46 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Everybody had good things to say. Layden even said Butler was a great player and that it didnt matter if Spree or Houston were here he would draft the best player and deal with the rest later. He says Butler may not be around at 7 but Butler has left an impression with him. He said the Knicks do not need to draft a center because he said he will deal with that through trade.
There are no centers in the league to even get in a trade. this sucks. Jerome James seems like a good candidate - but he could be this year's Marc Jackson.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/25/2002  7:49 PM
Jerome James is this year's Mark Jackson. Knicks should either not sign anybody and save the roster spot for the 2nd rounder, or sign somebody to a one-year contract using the full exception. It makes no sense to sign a marginally good player like Weatherspoon last year when they won't put this team over the top. Also, in that article it said Butler measured in at only 6 6. I think he's gonna be a lot like Paul Pierce, reminding me of this. Anybody watching the Celts/Nets game? This is incredible, Antoine has rallied the troops. They are within 6 now, they were down by more then 20 coming into the fourht. 2 minutes left, this should be exciting. Oh, Rogers just got a charge. Celts baby, I want the Nets to lose so bad, so many front-running Nets fans.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 05/25/2002 19:51:14]
#Knickstaps
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
5/25/2002  8:06 PM
Maybe its just me, but Butler reminds me of LJ a little bit before he hurt his back. I personally would love to have him. For once Layden is right about us drafting by talent instead of position. I still say send Spree out for a pick, even a low lottery pick would be ok as long as we got a good player to go along with the pick because we could still get a project like Nene/Tskitishvilli/Stoudamire.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
falcindor
USA
5/26/2002  7:36 AM
I hate Antoine Walker. He is the #1 gunner in the legue. He shoots like 100 times a game. He has no shot selection. He plays like he playing a pickup game in somebodys backyard. He has no business in the all-star game. But Pierce is a nasty!!! Celts are better off trading Walker while everybody like him. He isnt as talented as people say. They should send him and a pick for Rasheed. The Celts would be way better off.

Whats wrong with this years Marc Jackson. We are going to use him as Cambys backup. Camby will still be the man in Ny. But you need a backup that can play just in case Camby breaks again. I dont think James deserves the whole exception. I think the Knicks should give him 2mil per/3year contract. And use the other 2.6 right before the season when we get an idea of how this team will look next year. Because another problem is roster spots also. The only 3 players who contracts expire are Lavar Postell, Larry Robinson. Knicks surely wanna resign Postell (but will he put up with promises of the Knicks) but will he stay. And if the Knicks pull off a big deal the deal may not be even and extra players may come our way.

Im a big UConn fan. I watch almost all the games every year beacuse im fom Connecticut. Butler game is very close to Ray Allans, Ray Allan is slightly a better shooter. The both have very quick releases and shoot fluently. But Butler has some post up game to him. Butler is going to be good.

[Edited by - falcindor on 05/26/2002 07:38:43]
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/26/2002  8:00 AM
Posted by falcindor:

I hate Antoine Walker. He is the #1 gunner in the legue. He shoots like 100 times a game. He has no shot selection. He plays like he playing a pickup game in somebodys backyard. He has no business in the all-star game. But Pierce is a nasty!!! Celts are better off trading Walker while everybody like him. He isnt as talented as people say. They should send him and a pick for Rasheed. The Celts would be way better off.

Whats wrong with this years Marc Jackson. We are going to use him as Cambys backup. Camby will still be the man in Ny. But you need a backup that can play just in case Camby breaks again. I dont think James deserves the whole exception. I think the Knicks should give him 2mil per/3year contract. And use the other 2.6 right before the season when we get an idea of how this team will look next year. Because another problem is roster spots also. The only 3 players who contracts expire are Lavar Postell, Larry Robinson. Knicks surely wanna resign Postell (but will he put up with promises of the Knicks) but will he stay. And if the Knicks pull off a big deal the deal may not be even and extra players may come our way.

Im a big UConn fan. I watch almost all the games every year beacuse im fom Connecticut. Butler game is very close to Ray Allans, Ray Allan is slightly a better shooter. The both have very quick releases and shoot fluently. But Butler has some post up game to him. Butler is going to be good.

[Edited by - falcindor on 05/26/2002 07:38:43]

Mark Blount of the Celtics is a decent player that is a free agent this summer, he's a 7 foot camby thin clone.
BigSm00th
USA
5/26/2002  12:43 PM
The Celtics won't trade Walker because he's accepted the role as 2nd man to Paul Pierce. A lot of all-stars wouldn't do that. And he's a leader, look at him last night. He talked to that team, motivated them, and they won.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
USA
5/26/2002  1:39 PM
antoine walker isnt a leader. if he was a leader he would make others better ( he doesnt). he just jacks up shots. he doesnt post up as much as he should. the team is pierce's and andersons team. they would be way better with a different PF. Pierce pretty much is playing like a selfish SF and he doesnt know his range.
BigSm00th
USA
5/26/2002  2:02 PM
I'd have to disagree with you there, Fritz. This is Pierce's team alone, I don't know why you think Kenny Anderson is a leader, he might not even be re-signed. 'Toine isn't a leader? Then what do you call him calling out Pierce yesterday and telling them to lead the Celts and attack the hoop. He used to hoist up bad shots, but if you watch the games (it seems like you don't) you'll see that he has a great vision, does get people involved, and doesn't really take a lot of those bad shots anymore.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
USA
5/26/2002  2:57 PM
antoine is really a sf not a PF. They would do better if the traded him for a Rasheed. You cant deny that.
Butler must have put on a nice show

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy