[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Butler at 7 - NY Post
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/24/2002  10:50 AM
Who wants Butler at #7 pick? I would, if we could trade allan houston for some big men players... and picks.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/24/2002  12:02 PM
Allan Houston can't be move his contract is just to much for any team to even think about him.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/24/2002  1:28 PM
Get Butler is Ok. But what do you do with Sprewell. Not many teams will trade big for small. Plus if other team know we have to trade him we wont get good offers.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/24/2002  1:57 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Who wants Butler at #7 pick? I would, if we could trade allan houston for some big men players... and picks.
I want butler, get rid of houston.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/24/2002  3:07 PM
We won't find someone at number 7 who will start right away anyways. Wagner would have the best chance of starting if he were to drop because of our weaknesses at point guard. Butler would be an upgrade over Anderson and would play solid minutes of the bench for Sprewell and Houston. Wilcox, Hilario, or Gooden would do the same as one of them would back-up Camby and Thomas. I would still pick one of those three and Wagner over Butler, but he seems like an intriguing prospect and will be a very good player in the league. If Layden considers him at #7 lets hope he knows what he's doing.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/24/2002  3:20 PM
Draft best player available at 7, regardless of how much they'll play. This isn't going to be and one and done thing, so pick him for the future, not now.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/25/2002  9:29 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Draft best player available at 7, regardless of how much they'll play. This isn't going to be and one and done thing, so pick him for the future, not now.

Exactly!!!! and if he turns out to be as good as spree or shows that he can be a productive player now with tons of potential, then Trade spree for picks or other players at need positions. Guys need to get it through their heads, draft the best player available. If I could package spree and Harrington to another team for a player and their first round pick then I would do it.. Its time for change fellas, As much as I like spree this team is not championship material, time to sart tearing things up B... This draft has a lot of talent and give us a great opportunity to get some young talent...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
5/25/2002  8:08 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

We won't find someone at number 7 who will start right away anyways. Wagner would have the best chance of starting if he were to drop because of our weaknesses at point guard. Butler would be an upgrade over Anderson and would play solid minutes of the bench for Sprewell and Houston. Wilcox, Hilario, or Gooden would do the same as one of them would back-up Camby and Thomas. I would still pick one of those three and Wagner over Butler, but he seems like an intriguing prospect and will be a very good player in the league. If Layden considers him at #7 lets hope he knows what he's doing.

Knixkik, I agreed with everything you said, except I think Gooden would be a starter for us at PF.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
BigSm00th
USA
5/25/2002  9:14 PM
Since the Clips want proven players to help with the development of their players and for the playoffs next year, how about trading Spree and Thomas for the 8th and 12th pick. With 7 and 8 they pick Hilario and Butler, then with 12 they draft Borchardt. 2nd Round hope for either Smush Parker or Steve Logan, and next year you could be looking at:
Jackson, Houston, Butler, Hilario, Borchardt
6th Man- Camby(where he belongs)
Anderson comes in for Butler/Houston rest and Parker/Logan become Marc Jackson's successor.

The Clips then would have McInnis, Spree, Odom, Brand, Olowokandi with Maggette, Thomas and Richardson off the bench.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 05/25/2002 21:15:23]
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/25/2002  9:40 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Since the Clips want proven players to help with the development of their players and for the playoffs next year, how about trading Spree and Thomas for the 8th and 12th pick. With 7 and 8 they pick Hilario and Butler, then with 12 they draft Borchardt. 2nd Round hope for either Smush Parker or Steve Logan, and next year you could be looking at:
Jackson, Houston, Butler, Hilario, Borchardt
6th Man- Camby(where he belongs)
Anderson comes in for Butler/Houston rest and Parker/Logan become Marc Jackson's successor.

The Clips then would have McInnis, Spree, Odom, Brand, Olowokandi with Maggette, Thomas and Richardson off the bench.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 05/25/2002 21:15:23]

The Clippers would be taking on about $15 mill in that trade. In other words, they wouldn't do it...
quicksandnyc
Member: #29
5/25/2002  9:44 PM
if butler is the best available @ 7 then how about a deal with denver for juwan howard. a combination of pg's sg's (spree) & back up pf's. my thinking is that if butler is available, then wilcox and gooden are not, so denver and cleveland have scooped them up. trade with denver who need a sg to go with antonio mcd. why denver does it...shows antonio that they are trying to surround him with better players (spree). why we do it...we get cap relief early and a fairly solid pf that has height and something to prove so that he can get a decent deal when his monster bloated contract is up in 2004? he'd even be serviceable as a center for short periods in the height challenged east. i think he's a better option than vin baker, with less time on his deal.

just an idea.

and oh yeah. draft a project point guard to learn from mark jackson in the second round like that combo guard from maryland.
BigSm00th
USA
5/25/2002  9:44 PM
But if they made the playoffs next year and had a series or two, they'd make that money back.
#Knickstaps
Butler at 7 - NY Post

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy