[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KNICKS vs. LAKERS - Where they Are, What they Need
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/18/2005  7:02 PM
With Larry Brown looking more and more likely to be our head coach next year, it seems that the Lakers and Knicks will be in a very similar position. Great coach, Bad salary cap Situation, Talent, Youth, and the 2 Biggest Market Teams in the World on opposite coasts. For some reason, this kind of intrigues me, b/c both NY and LA, (and particularly LA), have rarely been as mediocre as they are now with little room to improve through Free Agency. It should be exciting to see how both teams pan out in the next year or so. Anyway, the following is a breakdown of both teams and what, if any, is the one piece that each should obtain to push them over the top...

Lakers' Stat Line:

Coach: Phil Jackson

Veterans: Kobe, Odom, Grant, J. Jones, Mihm, Medvadenko, Divac

Youngins: Kwame, Bynum, Walton, Cook, Turiaf, George

Last Year's Record: 34-48

The 1 Piece they Need to Acquire: Aggressive PF that can hit the mid-range jumper and score down low when needed. Ability to run a plus. REALISTIC CANDIDATES - Boozer, Marion, K-Mart, Gooden, D. Marshall, Kenny Thomas

---------------------------------------------------------------

Knicks' Stat Line:

Coach: Larry Brown (I'm assuming here)

Veterans: Rose, Taylor, JYD, Houston, Timmy, Penny, Marbury, Quentin, Crawford

Youngins: Frye, Lee, Nate, Sweetney, Ariza

Last Year's Record: 33-49

The 1 Piece they Need to Acquire: Another Star player to compliment Marbury. Preferably a Big Man, but any position other than PG will do. REALISTIC CANDIDATES - N/A. As of right now, there are no legit Stars that seem to be even remotely on the market (that we can realistically acquire). But we have the pieces and stockpiled draft picks necessary to obtain one when the time is right...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/18/2005 19:02:31]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2005  7:15 PM
Youngins: Frye, Lee, Nate, Sweetney, Ariza
Plus Jackie Butler. I also still consider Jamal and Q young players because I don't think either has reached their prime.

On the topic of the thread: I don't think either team has a huge advantage so far, but I'd give the Lakers a small advantage because they have two big men with star potential.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/18/2005 19:17:22]
bigpimpin
Member: #801
USA
7/18/2005  7:17 PM
plus Jackie Butler. lol
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/18/2005  7:22 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

plus Jackie Butler. lol

why is this funny? I think Jackie is a legit big man with loads of potential. Not all-star potential, but solid role player, off the bench potential. Banger. You gotta have those guys.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bigpimpin
Member: #801
USA
7/18/2005  7:25 PM
yeah i agree with you that he is a physical basketball player but i don't see him getting more than 3 minutes a game
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/18/2005  7:38 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

yeah i agree with you that he is a physical basketball player but i don't see him getting more than 3 minutes a game

Jackie will eventually get his minutes. He kinda reminds me of Rick Mahorn a little with the way he likes to wrestle inside. It would be awesome if he emerges as an enforcer off the bench one day .
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
KNICKS vs. LAKERS - Where they Are, What they Need

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy