[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who is willing to trade Ariza for Gerald Wallace???????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
7/18/2005  1:59 PM
Wallace is a much more ready guy than Ariza. He is very affordable, but Ariza is loved by the fans here in N.Y. I want to trade TT or Penny to get this deal done, but chances are that the Bobcats may want a young prospect like Ariza in the deal. What do you all think????
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/18/2005  2:17 PM
Penny or Timmmy + Ariza for Gerald Wallace?

1st the salaries are way way way off and Charlotte doesn't want expiring contracts.

2nd, any of those guys plus Ariza is worth alot more than Gerald Wallace who I actually like BTW.

3rd, he is only a slight upgrade over Ariza and is about 4 years older. I expect Ariza to be much better than him in 4 years.

No I would not do any trade for him, he doesnt' really bring anything to the table that we don't have already.
tomverve
Member: #878
7/18/2005  2:20 PM
From where I stand, Wallace is a bowngrade from Ariza. He probably has better hops, but who's the better rebounder, defender, and passer? Who has a better feel for the game and nose for the ball?

Next.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/18/2005  2:23 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

he is only a slight upgrade over Ariza and is about 4 years older. I expect Ariza to be much better than him in 4 years.

No I would not do any trade for him, he doesnt' really bring anything to the table that we don't have already.

This just about sums it up IMO. We need to hold on to our drafted players and let them blossom here. NY hasn't been known for grooming players in decades- it's time we get back to doing that. That is how teams win championship titles.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/18/2005  2:24 PM
Posted by tomverve:

From where I stand, Wallace is a bowngrade from Ariza. He probably has better hops, but who's the better rebounder, defender, and passer? Who has a better feel for the game and nose for the ball?

Next.

i agree...i think Ariza will be the better player in the long run...i wouldn't do that trade, especially considering you'd have to sign Wallace to a longterm overpaid deal.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/18/2005  2:37 PM
Wallace is a nut who is yet to make any kind of impact. He had the perfect opporutunity on an expansion team, and as far as I'm concerned he failed miserably to stand out.

Ariza is already better then he ever was.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/18/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by tomverve:

Next.

exactly.. case closed...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
7/18/2005  2:39 PM
i love what Trevor Ariza brings to the game. Of course, he isn't a stud or anything like that but he's a intricate (yeah i know a big word) part of what Knickerbocker basketball is/was/should be all about.

he brings passion to the floor. Not too mention, he's OURS!
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
bigpimpin
USA
7/18/2005  2:47 PM
Good post Simrud.

Gerald Wallace never was a good basketball player imo, he brings athleticism to the table i.e. dunks, block shots but there's something about giving up a fan favorite who brings a similar game to the table for Wallace that doesn't sit well with me.

i'm not a big fan of bringing in different players every single year. i'm more of a raise puppies type of guy instead of going out and buying a full-grown dog.

I think pg, guard, small forward are positions that the Knicks don't need to tamper with any longer.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/18/2005  2:48 PM
Trevor is about as untouchable of a guy for me as we have on the team. He's the main reason I have for watching the Knicks right now. No way.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/18/2005  2:50 PM
Posted by tomverve:

Next.

Agree 100%
all kool aid all the time.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/18/2005  2:59 PM
We need a shutdown defender. Ariza could become one.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/18/2005  3:06 PM
My only problem is that Bickerstaff wants Ariza over Wallace. I guess money is a big factor but he said that Ariza was one of the players he had on his radar back in 2004 draft.

I like Ariza's potential. I think he is a rare type of player in the mold of Pippen. He defends well, can play point forward, capable of assist and is a very good rebounder. The only area he still lacks in is his perimeter shooting. If you look at his SL stats they are impressive. I think he is capable of being a triple double threat. And those are the type of players you want on your team, the guys willing to do the dirty work. Also he is a humble young man. Grateful for his chance.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/18/2005  3:09 PM
Personally, I don't want to trade Ariz, I would much rather trade Penny and TT and even Crawfford before letting go of a young talent like Rizzy....
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/18/2005  3:13 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

My only problem is that Bickerstaff wants Ariza over Wallace. I guess money is a big factor but he said that Ariza was one of the players he had on his radar back in 2004 draft.

I like Ariza's potential. I think he is a rare type of player in the mold of Pippen. He defends well, can play point forward, capable of assist and is a very good rebounder. The only area he still lacks in is his perimeter shooting. If you look at his SL stats they are impressive. I think he is capable of being a triple double threat. And those are the type of players you want on your team, the guys willing to do the dirty work. Also he is a humble young man. Grateful for his chance.
His handle is not point foward handle by any stretch of the imagination. Handle and shooting are his major areas he needs to work on.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/18/2005  3:37 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Pharzeone:

His handle is not point foward handle by any stretch of the imagination. Handle and shooting are his major areas he needs to work on.
He played point guard in HS. He played point forward at times last year during SL and has played point forward for this year's team. So I guess you don't like his talent there but he has played the position.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
7/18/2005  6:40 PM
NO WAY!!

when ariza develops a decent jumper, he will be very valuable...

ariza is like a mix... of larry hughes and al harrington
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
McK1
Member: #964
7/18/2005  7:19 PM
when ariza develops a decent jumper, he will be very valuable...

ariza is like a mix... of larry hughes and al harrington

in what universe?
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
bigpimpin
USA
7/18/2005  7:22 PM
larry hughes and al harrington. lol
Who is willing to trade Ariza for Gerald Wallace???????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy