[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Q. Woods for the Knicks
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/23/2002  6:30 PM
If Q. Woods is available to the Knicks with the 7th pick they should take him. This will allow the Knicks to trade Spree and Camby to the Clippers for Olowokandi and their 8th pick. With that pick they should take Hilario. He is very athletic and has a Wing span that is like a condor. He is young and has a work ethic to be great in the NBA. Q. Wood at 6'9 a Tracey McGrady type player has potential to be a superstar in the league. Adding Olowokandi a 7 footer to the mix and you have front line that has height which will make any team think twice about going in the paint.

Now why the Clipper will do this trade. They get a veteran that will help the young team grow in Spree and they replace Olowokandi with Camby who I think needs a change of senery and a game.

With the second round pick the Knicks can take any point guard that is available Dickau, Logan, Parker or Dixon.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/23/2002  6:34 PM
I don't see us taking Woods nor do i see him still being around. As talented as he is, we really don't need him. I don't like that trade with LA either. We need to make a smart draft pick and stay put.
Vmart
USA
5/23/2002  6:45 PM
How can you not like the trade it is something they can build on for the future. You get rid of a injury prone center/pf (Camby) and an aging veteran in Spree. Your adding players that are 19 and 20 years old in Woods and Hilario who are going to make an impact in a year or two and don't forget Olowokandi this guy was #1 in the past.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/23/2002  7:33 PM
I like your trade Vmart but I'm not sure if the Clippers would do it. Spree and Camby make about $15 mill combined I think. Sterling is known to be a tight-ass when it's about the money so he may not do it. But I would absolutely love to have a Woods, Hialrio & Olowokandi frontcourt. That'd be sick IMO....
Knick2001
Member: #83
5/23/2002  8:28 PM
I really don't see any chance that Sprewell gets traded, he is a favorite of both Dolan and Layden. Camby also has no chance of being included in any pre-draft trade. He's more likely to be traded at next season's trading deadline, if he has proved he is 100% physically and remains injury-free during the first part of next season.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/23/2002  9:13 PM
Why would the Clipps do this???? Clipps have the goods to get almost any player they want. Why would they want Spree and Camby?? The numbers arent even close. Why would the Clipps do that when they can resignt their own players for about the same amount. Why do people overrate Sprewell?
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/23/2002  11:39 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Why would the Clipps do this???? Clipps have the goods to get almost any player they want. Why would they want Spree and Camby?? The numbers arent even close. Why would the Clipps do that when they can resignt their own players for about the same amount. Why do people overrate Sprewell?

I agree. There is no way the clippers would want to do this. #1 the contracts of spree and camby would screw them over, and second, there is no place for spree to play. Odom and Q start at 2/3 with miles off the bench. Great trade for us but very unrealistic
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
Vmart
USA
5/24/2002  11:53 AM
Spree and Camby make about $15 mill combined I think. Sterling is known to be a tight-ass when it's about the money so he may not do it. But I would absolutely love to have a Woods, Hialrio & Olowokandi frontcourt. That'd be sick IMO....

VG, this is why the Clippers would love this trade, EXPERIENCE they get two guy that have been to the finals. Because Sterling doesn't like to deal with renewing contracts. He doesn't have to deal with Olowokandi contract. Olo is going to want a 60+ million over 5 years contract anyways so why not get two for the price of one.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/25/2002  9:37 AM
Posted by Vmart:

If Q. Woods is available to the Knicks with the 7th pick they should take him. This will allow the Knicks to trade Spree and Camby to the Clippers for Olowokandi and their 8th pick. With that pick they should take Hilario. He is very athletic and has a Wing span that is like a condor. He is young and has a work ethic to be great in the NBA. Q. Wood at 6'9 a Tracey McGrady type player has potential to be a superstar in the league. Adding Olowokandi a 7 footer to the mix and you have front line that has height which will make any team think twice about going in the paint.

Now why the Clipper will do this trade. They get a veteran that will help the young team grow in Spree and they replace Olowokandi with Camby who I think needs a change of senery and a game.

With the second round pick the Knicks can take any point guard that is available Dickau, Logan, Parker or Dixon.

Vmart you are on the right track buddy.. Good post. thats what the knicks need to do, start thinking like that.. and for those who say why would the clippers do that? Well I follow the clippers a lot and Sterling is a cheap azz but looking at spree's and camby's contract they have about 2 years left on them, and for players with that type of talent and experience it is a bargain. Kandi wants about a 6 year deal worth 60-65 mil so they would not tie themselves down with long term deals. The clippers have problems more so with long term deals than deals that pay out big money for short years. People often only look at a players yearly salary and say its too much, what really counts is the length of the deal.... But vmart if you substitute the clipps pick at 8 with their #12 pick then it seems more likely, at least the clipps keep their higher pick, at 12 we could still get a great pick... Again we are talking about the cheap clippers, but you are on the right track with the deals....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/25/2002  9:39 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

I don't see us taking Woods . As talented as he is, we really don't need him
No offense, but think about it and read your post again.... Now how does that make any sense? We need all the talent we can get , especially a multi talented player like that!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Vmart
USA
5/28/2002  4:08 PM
But vmart if you substitute the clipps pick at 8 with their #12 pick then it seems more likely, at least the clipps keep their higher pick, at 12 we could still get a great pick... Again we are talking about the cheap clippers, but you are on the right track with the deals....

tkf, I think if the Knicks get the 12 pick then Clippers get the better of the deal. Camby and Olowokandi cancel each other out, and Spree for the 12 pick well you know Spree is worth more than that you could probably get the 3-6 pick with Spree. So taking Camby's injury into account and all I think the Clippers 8th pick would be sufficient to make the deal work.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/29/2002  5:01 AM
Posted by Vmart:
But vmart if you substitute the clipps pick at 8 with their #12 pick then it seems more likely, at least the clipps keep their higher pick, at 12 we could still get a great pick... Again we are talking about the cheap clippers, but you are on the right track with the deals....

tkf, I think if the Knicks get the 12 pick then Clippers get the better of the deal. Camby and Olowokandi cancel each other out, and Spree for the 12 pick well you know Spree is worth more than that you could probably get the 3-6 pick with Spree. So taking Camby's injury into account and all I think the Clippers 8th pick would be sufficient to make the deal work.

I disagree that Olowkandi is even with Camby. Olowokandi has way more value IMO. He is a true center and is one of the only centers that match up well against Shaq. Camby is too injury-prone...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/29/2002  3:14 PM
Kandi Man is raw, but his possible level of play is too much for GMs to look over. He'd be a great pickup. But who cares about matching up against Shaq, Knicks aren't gonna be in the Finals anytime soon. Lets go Lakers tonight, that way a game 7 in Arco would be madness.
#Knickstaps
Q. Woods for the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy