[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We are messy at the -2
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/17/2005  11:52 PM
my point is that they should be given exactly as many minutes as they deserve, no more no less. when you're starting Center is 29 that doesn't give that many years to **** around with the lineup. With as many PF's as we have, unless Isiah strikes a 2 for 1 deal, then minutes are gonna be tight.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/17/2005  11:53 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

I'm still confused. If Marbury, Richardson, and Thomas start, how do you fine minutes for Crawford, Robinson, and Ariza. There aren't enough for all of them. I always figured IT would find a trade for Thomas, and Richardson would start at the 3 with Crawford at the 2. That makes the most sense to me.

i'm afraid the guy that's going to get squeezed is ariza. nate WILL get 5-10 mins a night AT LEAST. until we dump tim (whom we have to play to pump up his value at the break), and with a 3 guard lineup with Q at the 3 some times, ariza's time will get squeezed.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/18/2005  12:01 AM
Herb is not really a coach that plays whoever deserves to be played. He tends to play the veterans b/c rookies and 2nd year players can be unpredictable. As a rookie coach, you're not looking to take those type of chances. It's safter to just play guys you trust. That said, I think Ariza and the rookies will see limited minutes. Frye, depending on how ready he is, might see extended minutes, but I don't see the others playing more than 10 MPG, except for Ariza, who might see around 15 MPG.

Point is, Timmy, Taylor or Sweetney, and Penny are all expendable based solely on the premise that the rotation is now a serious problem. With Herb likely the coach, the youngsters won't get much playing time unless a roster spot or 2 is freed up...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/18/2005  12:09 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Herb is not really a coach that plays whoever deserves to be played. He tends to play the veterans b/c rookies and 2nd year players can be unpredictable. As a rookie coach, you're not looking to take those type of chances. It's safter to just play guys you trust. That said, I think Ariza and the rookies will see limited minutes. Frye, depending on how ready he is, might see extended minutes, but I don't see the others playing more than 10 MPG, except for Ariza, who might see around 15 MPG.

Point is, Timmy, Taylor or Sweetney, and Penny are all expendable based solely on the premise that the rotation is now a serious problem. With Herb likely the coach, the youngsters won't get much playing time unless a roster spot or 2 is freed up...

this is where i think herb isn't the one dictating the play of the rookies. isiah blatantly said it was his call not to play the rooks big minutes down the stretch. if isiah MANDATES herb to play player X or player Y, herb WILL do it. this isn't larry brown, or jim o'brien that will take a powder if he doesn't get his way. this is herb, who will do what he's told if he wants to keep his job. and partly the reason i think he's #1 on the list right now.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/18/2005  12:45 AM
i look at it this way, from what i have seen, I think nate robinson might be the second best guard on the team. Unless Craw plays at the level he did finishing the season, nate is a superior player and he's flat out better than Q

dont go into pre-conceived notions that this guy is just a spark plug or he will have to prove this and that--this guy really has dwayne wade talent in a smaller body -he can EASILY be a ben gordon type 6th man a guy who makes an impact oon the team and the game--he can do things others cant and he plays with fire and toughness.

im not worried about nate compared to the others guys, the other guys will have to worry about nate--he can simply do whatever he wants he can slide through the double team create shots for himself with seperation bring another defender and dish, hes a wonderful looking player as good as any G drafted this year. hes an IMPABT player and just because he hasnt gone against nBA players means jack. no one has the athletiscm or toughness on the knicks to jeep up with him. if we drafted just nate, we would be a better team.

Frye HAS to play 30+ minutes its that simple at 4-5 were a 30 win team I feel for now the taylor Sweetney James Frye frontcourt will be better than anticpated. I dont know how long it will last with James, im not expecting big things from him, but im expecting blue collar effeciency from the rest.
RIP Crushalot😞
DarkKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #882
Spain
7/18/2005  4:46 AM
I just don't understand this thing about Marbury playing the 2. Let him play 34 minutes and Robinson 14, which is ok for a rookie.
Thomas and Ariza and very occasionally Q Richardson or Penny at SF.
Richardson and Crawford at SG (if we have Houston available let him play 8 minutes or so).
We have too many PF's, so it's imposible that lee gets playing time right now. Unless we trade Rose and/or Jerome Williams he is going to be in the IL for a long time.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2005  5:29 AM
Posted by DarkKnicks:

I just don't understand this thing about Marbury playing the 2. Let him play 34 minutes and Robinson 14, which is ok for a rookie.
Thomas and Ariza and very occasionally Q Richardson or Penny at SF.
Richardson and Crawford at SG (if we have Houston available let him play 8 minutes or so).
We have too many PF's, so it's imposible that lee gets playing time right now. Unless we trade Rose and/or Jerome Williams he is going to be in the IL for a long time.
I'd like to see Marbury play 34 mpg because I think it would prolong his career. However, I just can't imagine the coach keeping him off the floor for 14 mpg.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/18/2005  5:58 AM
IN fact getting is minutes down should be priority n°2 just after making the playoffs. Otherwise he'll either break down (i honestly don't know how it didn't happen before) or plain and simply run out of gaz when we'll need him the most.

Marb, Q, nate & craw should be able to handle both guards positions.
Undersized and porous in defense yes, but also lightning quick and a very potent scoring.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/18/2005  11:01 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by bobs3304:

this is where i think herb isn't the one dictating the play of the rookies. isiah blatantly said it was his call not to play the rooks big minutes down the stretch. if isiah MANDATES herb to play player X or player Y, herb WILL do it. this isn't larry brown, or jim o'brien that will take a powder if he doesn't get his way. this is herb, who will do what he's told if he wants to keep his job. and partly the reason i think he's #1 on the list right now.
I am going to take issue with that because he had no problem with using Ariza during the season. When Herb first took over as head coach he was using Ariza like crazy even after TT came back from injury. Isaih made Chaney use Sweets when he first arrive. I believe a couple of things. I believe it was Herb's call and Isiah is backing him (he knows the guy was playing for his job). Herb said it was his call after the Wizards game before the end of the season. I believe that Isiah was really referring to Jackie Butler when he said needed to earn minutes because I remember when they acquired him, he was the one guy he said he wanted to bring along slowly.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/18/2005  11:11 AM
Who cares, the past is the past....With a good assistant coach like Paul, Herb won't have to deal with the offense. However, if the Knicks doesn't improve defensively, Herb will be fired...
The true Knickabocker..........
Pharzeone
7/18/2005  11:15 AM
I hope Herb doesn't run Marbury into the ground this season. I understand the temptation to do it but you have to trust your other players too. I think Craw should be sixth man. I understand where Briggs is coming from as far as not let us overrate Q Rich's talent but I think he is everything that most fans wanted out of the 2 spot which Craw was unable to give you. Mostly posting up players, a more consistant shooter. I think JYD is more expendable than Rose just for the fact that Rose is able to guard centers efficently. I think Frye and JJ will be ok at the 5. I think Sweets/Mo Taylor/JB will be fined they are all undersized for the 4 spot but all have decent wingspans that allows them to play bigger. I fully expect TT to be gone by the all-star break. Although I would like to see him come off the bench for scoring where I believe he will more effective in short sputs. Ariza should be starting at the 3. He is an all around type of player. I think he will soon be putting up triple doubles. Not flashy but necessary. Yep I agree the 2 spot is still messy as far as backing up Q, you could get by maybe with Craw or Marbury at moments. I wouldn't try to play Nate there.
diderotn
USA
7/18/2005  1:41 PM
Isiah needs to put together a deal for Gerald Wallace. This young cat is everything that TT is not. He plays defense and is very acrobatic. With Q at the 2, we will need a backup SG/SF...Get Wallace, he is definitely a much more polish Ariza and is much more affordable than the TT/Penny combo...
Pharzeone
7/18/2005  1:47 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah needs to put together a deal for Gerald Wallace. This young cat is everything that TT is not. He plays defense and is very acrobatic. With Q at the 2, we will need a backup SG/SF...Get Wallace, he is definitely a much more polish Ariza and is much more affordable than the TT/Penny combo...
I was thinking about that. Bickerstaff would definately want Ariza back in any deal because of salary and the fact that he like his game and has mentioned him in possible trade scearnios. My problem with that is that I would prefer to have both Wallace and Ariza and move TT.
diderotn
USA
7/18/2005  1:49 PM
Bickerstaff would do this deal, because he wants the cap space. TT or Penny for Wallace and another cat on a sign and trade would benefit the Bobcats...

I was thinking about that. Bickerstaff would definately want Ariza back in any deal because of salary and the fact that he like his game and has mentioned him in possible trade scearnios. My problem with that is that I would prefer to have both Wallace and Ariza and move TT.
[/quote]
roblackman
Member: #926
7/18/2005  1:50 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by diderotn:

TT can do one thing Ariza and GW can't do--shoot. Yes, he started slow last year but we all know there were other off the court factors. He was lethal from 3pt range late last year and he has the range to spread out the defense--allowing for the guards to penetrate.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/18/2005  3:09 PM
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by diderotn:

TT can do one thing Ariza and GW can't do--shoot. Yes, he started slow last year but we all know there were other off the court factors. He was lethal from 3pt range late last year and he has the range to spread out the defense--allowing for the guards to penetrate.
He can also post up. TT is an all-around bette rplayer than both of those guys no question.
diderotn
USA
7/18/2005  3:14 PM
Look, if TT comes in and play like the guy that we have been expecting, I will say retain him until next season. He is a horrible player, but a good talent. If he ever puts it all together, hopefully under the titulage of Larry Brown, he will be a hell of a player. TT needs to learn to play big, go inside and muscle the little guys out of the way, and step outside when bigger guys are guarding him..
We are messy at the -2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy