[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MINNY SL - Indiana VS. NY
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/17/2005  3:09 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/timberwolves/jul17_ind-nyk.pdf

Frye had a nice overall game. Nate Robinson was a beast as usual. Lee a little less impressive. But let's keep in mind that this was against Ron friggin Artest...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/17/2005  4:04 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Frye had a nice overall game. Nate Robinson was a beast as usual. Lee a little less impressive. But let's keep in mind that this was against Ron friggin Artest...

I want to see Frye and Nate both have big roles with the big club. This is kind of why i wish we couldve done something like Q for Kwame. Id like to see Nate in the 25 minute+ range and Frye in the 30+ range.

Its kind of too bad we couldnt have just traded KT for Nate. And this is a big reason we DONT need A Walker--I believe Frye can be a 15+7 guy with 30 minutes Sweetney a 10 and 6 guy with 24 minutes Taylor a 10 and 6 guy and James a 6 point 4 reb guy in 18-20 all shooting 50%

Let this team stay as is

Right now I see this

James 19 minutes Frye 20 minutes Taylor 12 minutes
Frye 10 minutes Sweetney 24 minutes Taylor 10 minutes JYD 2
Thomas 24 minutes Ariza 16 min Q 6 JYD 2
Crawford 18 minutes Q 18 min Nate 12
Starbury 30 Nate 12 Crawford 6 min

breakdown
Starbury 30
Frye 30
Sweetney 24
Taylor 22
Crawford 24
Nate 24
Q 24
Thomas 24 Ariza 16
JYD 4
RIP Crushalot😞
jaydh
Member: #96
7/17/2005  4:13 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by bobs3304:

I want to see Frye and Nate both have big roles with the big club. This is kind of why i wish we couldve done something like Q for Kwame. Id like to see Nate in the 25 minute+ range and Frye in the 30+ range.

Its kind of too bad we couldnt have just traded KT for Nate. And this is a big reason we DONT need A Walker--I believe Frye can be a 15+7 guy with 30 minutes Sweetney a 10 and 6 guy with 24 minutes Taylor a 10 and 6 guy and James a 6 point 4 reb guy in 18-20 all shooting 50%

Let this team stay as is

Right now I see this

James 19 minutes Frye 20 minutes Taylor 12 minutes
Frye 10 minutes Sweetney 24 minutes Taylor 10 minutes JYD 2
Thomas 24 minutes Ariza 16 min Q 6 JYD 2
Crawford 18 minutes Q 18 min Nate 12
Starbury 30 Nate 12 Crawford 6 min

breakdown
Starbury 30
Frye 30
Sweetney 24
Taylor 22
Crawford 24
Nate 24
Q 24
Thomas 24 Ariza 16
JYD 4

thats not a bad breakdown, although i could see Sweets getting the opportunity to start at PF over Frye, at least from the getgo. I'd also like to see ariza get more minutes somehow. And as much as i dont like it, IT said he could see Timmy getting minutes at the 4, or MoT getting minutes at the 3.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/17/2005  4:18 PM
All of this depends on how Sweetney enters training camp. If he looks in shape and ready to go, he deserves a starting role. if not, then no.

I hope Frye's ready to get significant minutes, but only time will tell.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
BRIGGS
Member: #303
7/17/2005  4:41 PM
Id actually like to see Frye start at 4 because of the length combination, and I know James will be in FT 6 minutes into almost every game where Frye can be warm and switch over to 5
RIP Crushalot😞
Ray15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #668
7/17/2005  4:57 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Id actually like to see Frye start at 4 because of the length combination, and I know James will be in FT 6 minutes into almost every game where Frye can be warm and switch over to 5

It looks like Frye is starting to play much better and he seems to be getting a little more consistent. It's impossible to tell without watching the game but I love the fact that he had 3 blocked shots and was 5/6 from the field.

5 fouls is way too much, especially for the amount of minutes he played. However, hopefully this experience will help him down the road and hopefully Aguirre will be able to teach him the fundamentals of defense and turn him into an above average post defender to go along with his shotblocking ability.

I'd love to see him get 30 mins a night also but I'm just not sure if he'll be able to with all the fouls. James will be in foul trouble 6 mins into the game but Frye may be as well.

Most important thing for Frye right now is confidence. If he is confident that he can score at will in the post or on the pick and roll against NBA competition he will be very solid for us. He also needs to build up his base strength and Briggs loves to point out because it leads to solid post defense. He's shown the ability to increase muscle mass quickly (based on his bench press). That will also allow him to cut down on fouls and be more aggressive on rebounds.

It seems to me that Frye may actually have a higher ceiling than any of us expected but only time will tell.
Defense and Toughness
jaydh
Member: #96
7/17/2005  4:59 PM
Posted by Ray15:
Posted by BRIGGS:

It looks like Frye is starting to play much better and he seems to be getting a little more consistent. It's impossible to tell without watching the game but I love the fact that he had 3 blocked shots and was 5/6 from the field.

5 fouls is way too much, especially for the amount of minutes he played. However, hopefully this experience will help him down the road and hopefully Aguirre will be able to teach him the fundamentals of defense and turn him into an above average post defender to go along with his shotblocking ability.

I'd love to see him get 30 mins a night also but I'm just not sure if he'll be able to with all the fouls. James will be in foul trouble 6 mins into the game but Frye may be as well.

Most important thing for Frye right now is confidence. If he is confident that he can score at will in the post or on the pick and roll against NBA competition he will be very solid for us. He also needs to build up his base strength and Briggs loves to point out because it leads to solid post defense. He's shown the ability to increase muscle mass quickly (based on his bench press). That will also allow him to cut down on fouls and be more aggressive on rebounds.

It seems to me that Frye may actually have a higher ceiling than any of us expected but only time will tell.

thats why starting both frye+james worries me a little. with little depth, if they both get into foul trouble early, who do we stick at center?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/17/2005  6:05 PM
Man, I wish we had Trevor to guard Ron Ron. ah well. Frye is very good, as I've been trying to tell people. He'll have his bumps, but let's remember that the big man game takes the most learning in the league. Guards can make the transistion easier. BAnging in the post and getting position in the NBA is an art form and it takes time for anyone. That said, I think there are some things Frye can do right now and there are some things it will take a few years to pick up - like blocking shots but staying out of foul trouble.

I still think Frye can come in this year and give us 13ppg, 7rpg, 1.5-2bpg in about 30 minutes. I think he'll start, and I agree with Briggs starting James and Frye for the first six minutes, then bring in a Sweetney/Mo Taylor type when James picks up his first or second foul. The second unit can be very high energy and play in short spurts, while the James/Marbury unit will be more methodical half-court.
¿ △ ?
TheSage
Member: #386
7/17/2005  6:47 PM
Did Rose disappear? No Minutes?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/17/2005  8:10 PM
No matter how many times I look at it, unless sweets is an instant stud (put backs, boards, get's other bigs in foul trouble, establishes himself in the paint) he a goner..

Luckily, he has shown that he can and will assume that responsibility and that leaves Rose or MoT as his back.

Frye looks to be coming along slowly (smart move) and is just getting better and better honing an all around game and not one tailored to stats.

James will start for sure at center...Frye will come off the bench to start the season and may play along side a Rose or JYD personality while we go 3 guard fun and gun either with Marbs/Q/TT or Marbs/Craw/Q or heaven for bid, Nate/Craw/Q, or heck, even Marbs/Craw/Reezy.

Something like that...what a week...I'm truly exhausted...thank gd for the yankees redsox...something to divert my energy.

You know what...I have no idea what the lineups will be or the minutes...but one thing I know, with the Zeke "earn your minutes" philosophy, and a team much deeper than recent memory, I expect everyone to try hard all the time (that includes TT)

IMHO
all kool aid all the time.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/17/2005  8:19 PM
With Herb possibly installed permanently as head coach, our young boys may suffer.
The true Knickabocker..........
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/17/2005  8:56 PM
has anyone seen this yet?

http://nbadraft.net/redetzke003.asp

Game 3: New York Knicks (2-0) 87, Minnesota Timberwolves (1-1) 66

Impressive: Channing Frye put on an offensive display in the first half. He hit an outside shot, then made a nice move in the post, then hit a ten-foot bank shot, then slammed home a bucket on a fast break. Frye is definitely skilled at putting the ball in the hole, and he can even grab some rebounds and block the occasional shot. Channing finished with 16 points on 7/13 shooting in just 17 minutes.

David Lee is making the Knick's Isiah Thomas look smarter every day (imagine that). The well-rounded Lee has an excellent basketball I.Q. and makes the correct decision almost every time. He contributed 13 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists in 26 minutes. Lee is the type of player who knows how to get teammates open, keep the ball moving, and how to finish on the fast break. If Thomas can figure out how to drop a little more dead weight off the Knick roster, his young players would be able to fill in quite nicely.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/17/2005 20:57:38]
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/17/2005  9:00 PM
Funny:

Frye is definitely skilled at putting the ball in the hole, and he can even grab some rebounds and block the occasional shot.

I think that's pretty much all we can ask for...developing nicely our rooks are.

while zekes trades may be confusing, there is no questioning his drafting ability at this point.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/17/2005  9:06 PM
Frye will be fine, but He needs to be a freaking starter from the jump. I like Sweetney, but he is not the type of guy that Isiah likes.
The true Knickabocker..........
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/17/2005  9:48 PM
draft express ny/minn recap:

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1048

considering how Jon hates Frye, this is oddly complimentary. it's exciting to see that in both the Vegas and Minny summer leagues, Nate has been the talk of the league and the Knicks big guys (Lee and Frye) have been focal points as well.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 07/17/2005 21:50:57]
¿ △ ?
MINNY SL - Indiana VS. NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy