[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

7 Elite Players in the Draft and we pick 7th
Author Thread
pete
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #244
5/22/2002  12:43 PM
There are 7 elite players in this draft as of now that are above all the other players.. They are: Ming, Williams, Dunleavy, Gooden, Wagner, Butler and Wilcox. You don't know if there will be any fast risers like the brazillian kid but these guys are solid. If Layden does not select one of these players, he should be fired on the spot. I don't care about positional glut, he will just have to get creative and trade from strength.
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/22/2002  12:51 PM
Layden was put on the hot seat when they sent him to the lottry. Obviously shows management has Layden in the forefront. If Layden botches this draft at all he will be axed with no possiblity of anybody ever hiring him again. They give him enough rope for him to hang himself. I dont he will go with Hillaro because of last years draft where he didnt pick the obvious choice (Loren Woods. He will go with the popular pick so he wont get the axe. I hope Gooden is on the board even though Wilcox will probably be our pick. Wilcox got skills but Gooden is more special.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
pete
Member: #244
5/22/2002  1:28 PM
Falcindor, I think when it comes to the draft Layden thinks he is special. He'll pick the player that he has a hunch about, even though his choice is simple and should be whichever of the forementioned elite 7 drops down. As for Gooden vs Wilcox.. Wilcox will definitely be the better NBA player. Gooden scares me as another Kenny Walker type who was a great college back to the basket player with a game that does not trascend to the pro's. Gooden is also a tweener and we need either an explosive backcourt guard or a true athletic power player...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/22/2002  2:08 PM
Posted by pete:

There are 7 elite players in this draft as of now that are above all the other players.. They are: Ming, Williams, Dunleavy, Gooden, Wagner, Butler and Wilcox. You don't know if there will be any fast risers like the brazillian kid but these guys are solid. If Layden does not select one of these players, he should be fired on the spot. I don't care about positional glut, he will just have to get creative and trade from strength.

Good point. I am hoping the Knicks get a crack at a big man though, and that means that besides Williams, who seems like a lock at #2, the Knicks need Dunleavy to stay in the draft and one of Wagner, Bulter or Woods to be picked in the top 6 spots, which would mean either Gooden, Wilcox or Nene falls in their laps. With Cleveland and Denver picking in the top 6, I do see us getting a big man.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/22/2002  3:24 PM
Unless someone unexpected falls our way, Gooden, Wilcox, and Hilario should be the main three the Knicks consider. They're all decent picks. Gooden has the skills and Wilcox and Hilario have the raw talent, potential, and athletism that could make them stars. Also keep in mind that Nene is the only one of the three that really has a chance to turn into a pure center. It's hard to tell which one will be the best so we might just have to take our chances. Workouts determine a lot, but not everything. It's 6 of one, half a dozen of another or however that saying goes.
RonRon
Member: #246
5/22/2002  6:20 PM
hey, im new to the board. wsup all. anyway, what about amare stoudamaire and that 7 foot nowitski comparison? they sounded like very promising players to me. again, this is just my opinion.
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
5/22/2002  7:30 PM
Posted by RonRon:

hey, im new to the board. wsup all. anyway, what about amare stoudamaire and that 7 foot nowitski comparison? they sounded like very promising players to me. again, this is just my opinion.

Welcome to the board! You must be speaking of Tishvitskiii(sp). I agree about Amare he may have the goods. I think you can make it the elite eight though Pete and include Qyntel Woods. Im excited over the simple fact that unless Layden totally screws up(I wouldnt put it past him) we are ASSURED of landing a very very very good player and that is exciting.
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/22/2002  7:38 PM
Posted by Fordy74:
Posted by RonRon:

Welcome to the board! You must be speaking of Tishvitskiii(sp). I agree about Amare he may have the goods. I think you can make it the elite eight though Pete and include Qyntel Woods. Im excited over the simple fact that unless Layden totally screws up(I wouldnt put it past him) we are ASSURED of landing a very very very good player and that is exciting.

The only way that layden could screw up at this point would be to take borchardt. All of the other top 10-15 prospects have unlimited potential.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/22/2002  8:28 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Unless someone unexpected falls our way, Gooden, Wilcox, and Hilario should be the main three the Knicks consider. They're all decent picks. Gooden has the skills and Wilcox and Hilario have the raw talent, potential, and athletism that could make them stars. Also keep in mind that Nene is the only one of the three that really has a chance to turn into a pure center. It's hard to tell which one will be the best so we might just have to take our chances. Workouts determine a lot, but not everything. It's 6 of one, half a dozen of another or however that saying goes.

I tell you guys, the Knicks have to make a very reasonable trade with LA for the #8 & #12 picks, baggage, and Odom. Maybe Spree, Marcus and Kurt. This would guarantee lots of potential and a better shot at LeBron James.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/22/2002  10:31 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Knixkik:

I tell you guys, the Knicks have to make a very reasonable trade with LA for the #8 & #12 picks, baggage, and Odom. Maybe Spree, Marcus and Kurt. This would guarantee lots of potential and a better shot at LeBron James.

I would love to make this trade but I don't see it happening. Only because LA doesnt have any high priced baggage that they could send to us that would offset the contracts of KT, camby and spree. Man.... 7, 8, and 12. Wow we could get Nene, Tskitishvili, woods, amare, butler, jefferies, and/or wilcox. The only player LA has that is baggage and a somewhat big contract would be rooks at 2.7 mill and maggette at 2.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/22/2002  11:13 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Knixkik:

I would absolutely love to get a second lottery pick in this Draft. I just don't think Layden has the brains to work out such trades...
7 Elite Players in the Draft and we pick 7th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy