[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: NBATV
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/17/2005  2:02 PM
right now on NBA TV coach red Auerbach is on with then knicks Daryl walker and Bernard king, going over some fundemantals of basketball, It just brought back some memories of the knicks, I remember when walker was drafted out of arkansas(I think) and we had Bernard who was such a great scorer. I miss those days and players like that and even coaches like that. It wasn't about the tatoos and baggy shorts, just basketball, the fundemantals and how to play the right way...

sigh..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/17/2005  2:05 PM
Posted by tkf:

right now on NBA TV coach red Auerbach is on with then knicks Daryl walker and Bernard king, going over some fundemantals of basketball, It just brought back some memories of the knicks, I remember when walker was drafted out of arkansas(I think) and we had Bernard who was such a great scorer. I miss those days and players like that and even coaches like that. It wasn't about the tatoos and baggy shorts, just basketball, the fundemantals and how to play the right way...

sigh..

that's what happens when you overexpand the league and start having a surge of H.S. players enter the draft...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
7/17/2005  2:25 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by tkf:

sigh..

that's what happens when you overexpand the league and start having a surge of H.S. players enter the draft...

name the flashy players in the league. then ask yourself how many of them came straight from highshool.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
knicksavvy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #945
7/17/2005  6:45 PM
Let the kids be kids. they have there own style, there kids.I remember when I was a kid 18 21 i had some crazy outfits too. only difference was I wasen't a millionare....
Does my faith show? Go Knicks!!!
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
7/17/2005  10:21 PM
Posted by knicksavvy:

Let the kids be kids. they have there own style, there kids.I remember when I was a kid 18 21 i had some crazy outfits too. only difference was I wasen't a millionare....
good point. it's not about style, jordan actually brought the baggy shorts to the nba. there was nothing childish and it's not like he was trying to make a statement, and we all know he was very profesional. as for tattoos, i don't like them either but players usually have a meaning for each one.
now i'm in full agreement about fundamentals. thier seemingly nonexistent in the us. we need more larry browns, hubie browns, and sloans in the league. and ofcourse auerbachs.()
OT: NBATV

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy