[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MSL... Minny vs. NYK
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/17/2005  7:25 PM
Well, maybe you're not getting my point.

Most, if not ALL teams looking to make a legitimate playoff push don't rely on rookies to play significant minutes...ESPECIALLY at the Center position, where Frye will get time at.

If, however, you think Isiah's goal is to stay competitive this year, and wait until the deadline to consider making possible moves, then you'd be absolutely right and I'd agree.

I guess I was expecting more to see the team finalized within the next few months, but maybe I was being to idealistic...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/17/2005  8:30 PM
Posted by JohnWallace44:

The truth is that if this team is coached well we have the pieces to be successful this year.

Steph - Nate
Q-Rich - Craw
TT - Ariza
Frye - JYD - Lee - Taylor
Rose - James - Sweets

Really this is a big talent jump from last year

I see it like this at the 4 and 5.IMHO
Rose - Taylor - Sweets - Lee -
James - Frye - JYD

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/17/2005 20:33:09]

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/17/2005 20:33:32]
all kool aid all the time.
bobs3304
7/17/2005  8:36 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

I see it like this at the 4 and 5.IMHO
Rose - Taylor - Sweets - Lee -
James - Frye - JYD

IMHO, that's a horrible rotation. Something DEFINITELY needs to be done about that PF glut. I'm starting to understand taking Lee better now, b/c he's more a SF/PF. And what's worse is that Sweetney SHOULDN'T be dealt, but there's just no way around it. And on top of that, it's not just Sweets that needs to be traded. I think Taylor or JYD will be shopped around before it's all said and done...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/17/2005  8:44 PM
I agree...unless sweets is head and shoulders above the rest, he's gone.

I think Rose is staying because of his leadership and Lee has proven that he will be dependable with his athleticism and activity around the boards.

I know everyone says JYD this and JYD that. but rose is the same player (right down to salary amount and length) with one major difference.

more rings.

Mo and Sweets are the same player as well...it's just a matter of who wants it more...they both are post up players (though Mo is head and shoulders better at it, while sweets has a much need ability to get to the line).

I just don't know what's going to happen. But a two for one trade would be lovely. But, at this point, even if we don't get anything back, I think we are set.
all kool aid all the time.
bobs3304
7/17/2005  9:17 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

I know everyone says JYD this and JYD that. but rose is the same player (right down to salary amount and length)

Mo and Sweets are the same player as well...

I just don't know what's going to happen. But a two for one trade would be lovely.

JYD is far more athletic than Rose. Rose gives you solid interior defense, while JYD gives you better weakside help. JYD can play and defend 3 positions, while Rose only 2. However, in a playoff situation, I'd rely on Rose more b/c of his vast experience. Also, Rose has 4 years left...JYD has 2 years with a team option for a 3rd.

Anyway, with that said, I think you're right about Sweets and Taylor. One of the 2 has to go. I wouldn't mind seeing a JYD + Sweetney for P.J. Brown deal. It would make sense for New Orleans b/c they get a young PF with potential in Sweets, and JYD has the same contract length as Brown. P.J. would give us a legit PF/C that's defensively oriented and who would be a good role model for Frye.

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/17/2005 21:21:11]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/17/2005  9:44 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Well, maybe you're not getting my point.

Most, if not ALL teams looking to make a legitimate playoff push don't rely on rookies to play significant minutes...ESPECIALLY at the Center position, where Frye will get time at.

If, however, you think Isiah's goal is to stay competitive this year, and wait until the deadline to consider making possible moves, then you'd be absolutely right and I'd agree.

I guess I was expecting more to see the team finalized within the next few months, but maybe I was being to idealistic...

I honestly think the goal will be to stay competitive, above .500, early this year, make a splash at the deadline to build a playoff run. If there's no one there at the deadline, play the rooks, get two more quality draft picks.

I don't think this team is a finished product at all, but I don't think the next move is coming for a while. Expiring deals don't look as attractive until mid-season.
¿ △ ?
bobs3304
7/17/2005  9:52 PM
^ well said.
MSL... Minny vs. NYK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy