Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2005  12:34 AM
[quote]
Posted by diderotn:

Dude, I will not criticize the james move until he plays twenty games for the Knicks....

[quote]

Maybe crying for KT by then? Just kidding. it was time to move on!
AUTOADVERT
knicksavvy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #945
7/16/2005  1:46 AM
Well here we go with bash new york again,First I know it is summer ball but what was our record 4-1 I think that is pretty good concidering But I hear this rant in the article on how great the c's played and there great draft picks (green) and the others. IT has not done a bad job either Q, james...7-2 270 rob,have a couple of Dunks 2 not to mention lee ariza. if Herb can get these young guys to play to the top of there games THE NEW YORK KNICKS WILL MAKE SOME NOISE....
Does my faith show? Go Knicks!!!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/16/2005  8:30 AM
People complaining and bitching about the James signings expected to see Shaq in a Knicks uniforms.. This dude is the only legit center in the mkt stands 7'1 and weighs 275pds

One thing for sure, JJ can run the floor very well. He will fit in nicley with what the Knicks are trying to create on offense, west coast style b-ball.

He's not like Nazr who clogs the middle. JJ sets picks on the outside, can rebound, block shots but gets into foul woes quite often.. That's why he plays only 17 min per game.

Hopefully, Knicks staff can correct that flaw and help him become a more productive center playing 35 to 40 min a game..

Last guy to play the middle for the Knicks who stood over 7 '0 was Mutumbo.. Mutumbo doesn't have the quickness or offensive ability of
JJ.. JJ will be involved with the offense..

The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/16/2005  9:14 AM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

People complaining and bitching about the James signings expected to see Shaq in a Knicks uniforms.. This dude is the only legit center in the mkt stands 7'1 and weighs 275pds

One thing for sure, JJ can run the floor very well. He will fit in nicley with what the Knicks are trying to create on offense, west coast style b-ball.

He's not like Nazr who clogs the middle. JJ sets picks on the outside, can rebound, block shots but gets into foul woes quite often.. That's why he plays only 17 min per game.

Hopefully, Knicks staff can correct that flaw and help him become a more productive center playing 35 to 40 min a game..

Last guy to play the middle for the Knicks who stood over 7 '0 was Mutumbo.. Mutumbo doesn't have the quickness or offensive ability of
JJ.. JJ will be involved with the offense..

Good Post, Wood.

I see Aguirre helping all our bigs (especially JJ & Frye) learn to avoid those fouls. That would provide a boost in production on both ends of the court.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/16/2005  9:57 AM

um, don't think so...more inaccurate generalizations of what the "complainers" were trying to say...you guys really don't pay attention to what's written, do you.

let's make it easy for you...let's say you go out to a club, you want to hook up w/a hot chick...but there are no hot chicks that are really digging you...then you see this from across the room...do you go home w/it & tell yourself there was nothing else that was available? i sure as hell don't.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/16/2005  10:20 AM
That's because Bill Maher will bitch-slap you silly for trying to steal his woman!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/16/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by TMS:

um, don't think so...more inaccurate generalizations of what the "complainers" were trying to say...you guys really don't pay attention to what's written, do you.

let's make it easy for you...let's say you go out to a club, you want to hook up w/a hot chick...but there are no hot chicks that are really digging you...then you see this from across the room...do you go home w/it & tell yourself there was nothing else that was available? i sure as hell don't.

Homeboy, Poor analogy!!!! We're talking basketball free agents in the mkt and players helping the team for the long run.. Not one nightstanders!!

One thing i notice you fail to understand, Isiah didn't give the dude the freakin bank.. 5 to 6mill for 6 yrs is not bad.. Hey he didn't overpay like Dallas did with Erick Dampier..

You never know during trading deadline next season, he might package James and another player for a bonifide studded frontcourt player..

All team are in need of 7 footers to patrol the middle.. Watch Aguirre change James's game where he'll become more productive and effective..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/16/2005  1:55 PM
Why cause she's black
ES
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/16/2005  2:46 PM
Big girls need love to.

James biggest problem is foul trouble. In the playoffs though most of it was due to the Kings series. He averaged 12.5pts, 7rebs, 1.8blks in 26.8mins on 4.4fouls. He needs to find a way to stay on the court. I also don't believe his production was due to him being in his contract yr either. I believe it had more to due with the team winning. And them reaching playoffs and him trying to step his game up. Because its not like he had an amazing regular season stats wise. The best month he had was in March averaging 22mins 8pts 4rebs 2blks and 4fouls.

He is gonna be overpaid for his production for us as he really isn't nothing more than a role player. But if Seattle was able to work out a center rotation of James-Fortson-Evans-Potenpiko and have success. With Radmonovic-Evans-Collison at PF. Then maybe there is hope for a James-Fyre-Taylor rotation with Sweetney-Rose-JYD at PF. Marbury-Nate, Richardson-Crawford, TT-Ariza-Lee is comparable with Ridnour-Daniels, Allen-Daniels-Murray, Lewis-Radmonovic-Wilkins.

I like that there dedicated to forming a style of play which they say will be uptempo. Hopefully they could now get them to understand there roles. Since they now have roles to play.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/16/2005  4:42 PM
James, Frye and Butler will be the rotation at Center...

Frye, Mo and JYD OR ?????? WILL BE THE ROTATION AT pf...
The true Knickabocker..........
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/16/2005  4:45 PM
Posted by diderotn:

no Sweetey?
¿ △ ?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/16/2005  4:57 PM
Posted by diderotn:

butler is not ready, he will get garbage time if hes on the active roster at all, will most likely be in the nbdl

[Edited by - jaydh on 07/16/2005 16:57:56]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/16/2005  5:30 PM
Jerome James is a role player and hes paid like a role player, so stop bytching!!
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/16/2005  6:45 PM
Cmon gusy stop byatching, IT did this move, he is the savior, he can do no wrong. If he hired Woopie Goldberg as the coach, he will still be right lol.

And come to think of it, she is prolly a better coach then Herb.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/16/2005  6:47 PM
Posted by simrud:

Cmon gusy stop byatching, IT did this move, he is the savior, he can do no wrong. If he hired Woopie Goldberg as the coach, he will still be right lol.

And come to think of it, she is prolly a better coach then Herb.
yeah and that nalogy is great, because signing a 7 footer to an MLE contract is such a bonehead thing to do especially with all these big 7 footers on our squad. Why-no HOW could he do this to us??!?!??!?!?!
simrud
USA
7/16/2005  6:52 PM
I ohnestly don't care that he got James, I just don't understand why it is wrong to say that that move was bad. Its all a matter of opinion.

IT think he can reclamate James' failing NBA career, or should I say a non existing career to the tuen of 5pts 3rbs 1.5blks a game, or am I inflating his stats?

I don't think you can change him into something he has not been for years.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/16/2005  7:50 PM
Posted by simrud:

I ohnestly don't care that he got James, I just don't understand why it is wrong to say that that move was bad. Its all a matter of opinion.

IT think he can reclamate James' failing NBA career, or should I say a non existing career to the tuen of 5pts 3rbs 1.5blks a game, or am I inflating his stats?

I don't think you can change him into something he has not been for years.

....or does he think James can play the exact same role for the Knicks that he played for the Sonics team last year? A team that made that playoffs and found more use for him when the games slowed down and they couldn't play 3ball all night.

I think Zeke had his eyes open on this one. James is what he is. His stats per minutes won't go up, but his minutes and touches might go slightly up. I don't think Zeke is expecting this guy to be a breakout star, just a steady center who won't play more than 25mpg.
¿ △ ?
simrud
USA
7/16/2005  8:49 PM
5 years and 29 mil for a guy who is gonna play 25 minutes and do an average job at best?

If thats your idea of a good output for the money then IT did a godo job.
I'd much rather get a guy like Pachulia for the LLE and watch him put up the same numbers, albit no shotblocks. Or if you are so hellbeant on shotbocking (something IT himself claimed was "overrated", whateve that means), go and sign Hunter for the LLE, as it looks nobody is gonna pay him more since he is what he is and GM's around the leage know it.

Or just get nobody and baptize Frye in the fire, let him learn. We are a godawful lottery team, and teams as bas as us cannot afford not to start our lottry picks! Just start the damn guy, and damn the torpedos lol.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/16/2005  8:53 PM
size and girth is what james brings.

he will clog the lane defensively.

him, paired with frye, may actually work on the defensive end, with james taking up space and frye on the weakside.

this could allow the guards to get up on their man and stop giving up jumper after jumper.

as it all trickles down, it could make us a better team defensively.

problem is that it's for only 20 mins a night...but it's a start.
rain
Member: #353
USA
7/16/2005  10:37 PM
Posted by simrud:

5 years and 29 mil for a guy who is gonna play 25 minutes and do an average job at best?

If thats your idea of a good output for the money then IT did a godo job.
I'd much rather get a guy like Pachulia for the LLE and watch him put up the same numbers, albit no shotblocks. Or if you are so hellbeant on shotbocking (something IT himself claimed was "overrated", whateve that means), go and sign Hunter for the LLE, as it looks nobody is gonna pay him more since he is what he is and GM's around the leage know it.

Or just get nobody and baptize Frye in the fire, let him learn. We are a godawful lottery team, and teams as bas as us cannot afford not to start our lottry picks! Just start the damn guy, and damn the torpedos lol.
What else were you going to get for the mid level exception? Nothing.
End of argument.
James to Knicks a Curious Move

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy