Get Walker
Author Thread
tapseer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #698
7/17/2005  9:35 AM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by tapseer:

I think that the Knicks will be an up-tempo team. I don't think they will be playing a traditional 'half-court' offense, especially if they hire hire Westphal as an assistant. That's why Sweetney is expendable, he is not an open floor kind of player (at least I haven't seen that from him). The offense will run thru the 1,2 and 3's with the 4 and 5's getting what they can.

What we need is a PF that CAN run, but who's really effective in doing the little things - offensive rebounds, weakside blocks, defensive intensity, mid-range jumper...

That sounds like Elton Brand to me, but it could be any number of guys depending on who's available. I honestly don't think any of our current PF's should or deserve to get 30 MPG. Frye is a ROOKIE fellas. He'll earn his with time. Rose and Taylor don't thrive in the open court. They're more suited to a half court set. JYD is a bundle of energy, but he's not the type that can keep it up for extended minutes.

I think it comes down to who's available and when. I hope Zeke doesn't rush into trading Sweetney just for anyone. I think he has the time to wait this one out. The longer he waits, the more valuable Penny's expiring contract will be...

True-dat
AUTOADVERT
Get Walker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy