[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Get Walker
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/15/2005  9:16 PM
to be exact...he averaged 19 points and 9 boards.

have rough games against Yao Ming, kevin Garnett and for some reason Toronto. Any ideas
Posted by rvhoss:

he averaged 23 points and 10 boards against us last year
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/antoine_walker/season_splits.html

Shoot...he averaged 20 points and 10 boards all of last year. HOOFAH.
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/15/2005  9:28 PM
No way, No way. You are off my friend. We simply dont need him. tell me who exactly played PF for Seattle last year? Evans Collison Potapenko Fortson

How many games did they win and did they hold their own inside

YES

Is Sweetney Taylor Frye Rose JYD just as good--oR actually much better than that team who won 50 games in the east

YES

Where was Antonie Walker against the Pacers?
Outclassed

Why did the Mavericks move him?
because they realize he is over rated

Why didnt he stick with the Hawks
they didnt like him

He has had some success with Boston why dont they want him back?

because they have seen the results of Walkers play in the playoffs where guys like kenyon Martin Jermaine Oneal Ben Wallace make him look stupid

also, he plays an undiscplined game

Can you name another elite 4 who shoots 41% from the field for his career?

Isiah Thomas is going to intimidate Jamal C Q and Walker into shooting + 40% how he didnt exactly scare Jamal from hiding behind the 3 pt line all year--is he going to jump on these guys with a sledge hammer?

What other club is going to pay a premium for A walker
NONE

do we want to stunt the growth of frye for walker
NO
why did we spend 17mm a year for Malik and Taylor?

Isiah is treating this roster like a rotiserre game, he had a good draft, he got a 18-20 minute 7-1 guy we have a lot of deopth at the guards

why dont we let it run its course? we have been the ABSOLUTE worse when dealing with vets, i mean byond vin baker etc.. again we just spent 17mm a season on T and M are we giving upon them right now? stupid

this is where a hard cap should come in--because we are fooling around with cash--if we had a real budget, we would be smarter in terms of what we would do with conservatism in player transaction

is there a PF better than AW walker in next years draft yes I think their are multiple one's

lastly again i ask you to show mw a 4 in the history of the nBA considered a great player with a FG% of 41%--good luck

its STUPID management to put 3 guys together who shoot a low % on the basis that isiah will kick their arse if they follow their own trends--i mean stay the F away from walker

Im not against any move, i think we paid James to much, but like i said im not against it
i didnt want some of the drafted players, but i believe they are all reasonable

but antoine walker would be a stifling move an idiotic conction of stupidty to sign him to a huge contract until he is 35, whoever is behind this brain power will watch us win LESS games than if we sat tight.
RIP Crushalot😞
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/15/2005  9:37 PM
I think he just plays when he wants to and tanks when he wants to.

He's sick of laying it on the line all the time...but for some reason, against new york, he lays it on the line...playing in big time situations, he seems to lay it on the line...

there seems to be some type of attitude switch that just goes off and he goes Kwame all of a sudden and the entire team hates him and he sucks.

You may be right...if we did sign him, he's have to average 20/10.

with the new acquisitions and the PF back log, It'd be nice if we couljd turn two into one and get out of this with a 5 year $40 - $45 million dollar deal.
Give up JYD or Rose (avg. salary 5.5 million) and Taylor ($9 million) or penny's (expiring 16 million) and a number one.

At this point, walker is a 4 - 5, $8 mill per deal. (look at what ilgaukus and dalambart got/get)

He's almost twice as good as James and maybe he'll get the respect he's due?

he reminds me Mark Jackson (who also used to shimmy), as long as you are giving your all, NYC loves you.

If Mark can shimmy, Toine can shimmy (he's not allowed to do it in Boston).

We get rid of two PF's (that wouldn't get much playing time) and have Lee, Walker and 2 out of (rose, sweets, moT, JYD)...more than enough depth and hard work.

rvhoss
Switzerland
7/15/2005  9:39 PM
I'd give Walker Mo T money in an instant.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/15/2005  9:41 PM
walker just doesn't fit with us. we don't need a scorer like walker. we need somebody to anchor down low and play defense and rebound. we have ENOUGH guys that can handle the ball and score AND penetrate. we don't have a pure jumpshooter. and we don't have a big man defender. walker is neither hence why we don't need him.

look at the celtics - he came there and off that momentum, they did work...but then it fizzled towards the end of the season and the playoffs. he was PURELY a 1/2 season rental from their point of view. even they won't go past $7/8 mil (at least from reports) for toine and they need him more than any other team.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/15/2005  9:42 PM
I agree with this, but I'd keep TT and give them Penny (same expiring deal).

TT can post up and actually gives us something.

If the celts just want an expiring deal, give up the player that produces the least.

Not sure why TT always comes up first...he doesn't ruin team chemistry and actually has won a game for us at the buzzer and had a couple monster games in his brief 14 month tenure.

Penny won a game as well, but has been going downhill since.

TT is improving.
Posted by Knixkik:

I'm gonna go on record right now and say that is the next and last move to make this team as good as we can right now. I think we have to look at what we need and that's another scoring option, particularly in the low post. Walker is an inside/outside guy and is very versatile. I know we are trying to get younger and more athletic but we need the right mix of vets and youth in order to be successful. Walker gives Marbury a guy to hit in the post, plus another guy who can handle the ball and stretch the defense with some outside shooting. We need to offer Thomas, Sweetney and JYD, Taylor, or Rose and get back Walker and either LaFrentz or Blount. I think we will be a much better team and one that can make a playoff run at some point.

C James, Frye, Blount
PF Walker, Frye, Lee, JYD/Rose/Taylor
SF Richardson, Ariza
SG Crawford, Robinson, Hardaway
PG Marbury, Robinson
djsunyc
7/15/2005  9:45 PM
wouldn't you rather y'all see sweets and frye develop and see if they're the guys that we can go to war with? seriously? when do we develop our own guys into the "superstars"? alot of other teams do it, why can't we?

walker will hinder their development if he's here and by that ALONE, we shouldn't bring him in.
BRIGGS
7/15/2005  9:47 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

walker just doesn't fit with us. we don't need a scorer like walker. we need somebody to anchor down low and play defense and rebound. we have ENOUGH guys that can handle the ball and score AND penetrate. we don't have a pure jumpshooter. and we don't have a big man defender. walker is neither hence why we don't need him.

look at the celtics - he came there and off that momentum, they did work...but then it fizzled towards the end of the season and the playoffs. he was PURELY a 1/2 season rental from their point of view. even they won't go past $7/8 mil (at least from reports) for toine and they need him more than any other team.

No team will pay Walker above 5mm, maybe the dumb knicks. In fact I would like one person here to show me a salary structure where AW could get an 8=9-10mm $ deal--NO team--why didnt the teams with all of the cash go after walker--i mean Milwaukee couldve had him--they went for rahim and then simmons

NJ does not even have a PF why is Walkers name not even mentioned? the only guy mentioned are rahim, marshall, swift

in fact i have not seen one team that is interested in A W--Clev was prepared to give haslem 45mm why not walker

dont u see where this is going stupid land
RIP Crushalot😞
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/15/2005  10:04 PM
no doubt.
OldFan
Member: #446
7/15/2005  10:19 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

so we are stuck with antoine walker a career 41% shooter from the 4 until he is 35-36 years old

so we get add him next to Q rich and J craw both have shot under 40% for the last 3 years?

give up a Sweetney a pick and maybe take back a contract--just to maybe--on your perception get a little better this year?

I say, lets stay as is. The club right now has a solid chance to make the playoffs as is. WHAT if Elton Brand became available at the trade dadline and Sweetney and pick and an ending contract could get him? well we gav it away for a shtty player already?

Are you guys old or young knick fans--when you make a move like that, it BETTER be a last pawn to make a run--not to hopefully win 44 games instead of 42.

the rationale is poor, the business is poor, the player is ineffecient and does not fit. We get to keep him for 6 years on a S+T an we lose nice young assets we can either selct more nice talent with or look to be more opportunistic with

you really want antoine walker at 7-8 mm per until he is 35? Mike Sweetney and Mo Taylor COMBINED ARE BETTER than walker point blank. Each player playing half a game can go 10-5-50%--so unless we are getting back an Elton Brand, I think we are set for noW at the 4.

I'm not a walker fan at all - but I totally disagree with comparing
Mo and Sweeney to Walker. Mo Taylor has had plenty of opportunities to play and has never been able to do anything consistently. Sweeney may one day be ok but right now his defense is terrible, he's foul prone and inconsistent. Two inconsistent guys don't make one consistent guy. Compared to them Walker's defense is great. I don't want to pay walker all that money - but he's much better then taylor and sweeney.
BRIGGS
7/15/2005  10:31 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by BRIGGS:

so we are stuck with antoine walker a career 41% shooter from the 4 until he is 35-36 years old

so we get add him next to Q rich and J craw both have shot under 40% for the last 3 years?

give up a Sweetney a pick and maybe take back a contract--just to maybe--on your perception get a little better this year?

I say, lets stay as is. The club right now has a solid chance to make the playoffs as is. WHAT if Elton Brand became available at the trade dadline and Sweetney and pick and an ending contract could get him? well we gav it away for a shtty player already?

Are you guys old or young knick fans--when you make a move like that, it BETTER be a last pawn to make a run--not to hopefully win 44 games instead of 42.

the rationale is poor, the business is poor, the player is ineffecient and does not fit. We get to keep him for 6 years on a S+T an we lose nice young assets we can either selct more nice talent with or look to be more opportunistic with

you really want antoine walker at 7-8 mm per until he is 35? Mike Sweetney and Mo Taylor COMBINED ARE BETTER than walker point blank. Each player playing half a game can go 10-5-50%--so unless we are getting back an Elton Brand, I think we are set for noW at the 4.

Mo and Sweeney to Walker. Mo Taylor has had plenty of opportunities to play and has never been able to do anything consistently. Sweeney may one day be ok but right now his defense is terrible, he's foul prone and inconsistent. Two inconsistent guys don't make one consistent guy. Compared to them Walker's defense is great. I don't want to pay walker all that money - but he's much better then taylor and sweeney.

why not, im comparing what Seattle did with a variety of PFs. they happened to win 50+ games in the west. My example was

if Mike Sweetney plays 24 minutes and Mo Taylor plays 24 minutes, we are likely to get a combined number of 20+ and 10 rebounds shooting 50%--go look at their stats
you can say what you want, but they played effeciently they rebounded the ball they shot for a HIGh FG% and per 24 minutes their numbers are actually 24 points 13 rebounds combined shooting 52%

walker's defense? he plays defense? when?

you say sweetney played inconsistently yet he shot 53% with an avg of 8.5 pts and 5.4 reb in 19 minutes
--how can you be inconsitent with those numbers? everyone has off games, but on AVG Sweetney was a high % shooter who could score and rebound and so di Mo Taylor when he came here

On the other hand, dont you consider who INCONSITENT
A Walker is when he shoots 41% for his career at the 4? Ive searched and i couldnt come up with 1 other lets say very good PF who shot anywhere near that, not to mention his FT % and high TO's

Stop and think
RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/15/2005  10:39 PM
comeon Briggs, you know that one of the reason why Walker has a bad percentage shooting is because of the fact that he takes a lot of 3 pointers. What is Kurt's percentage???? while at it, how often does he go to the freethrow line, oh, compare that to Walker's

why not, im comparing what Seattle did with a variety of PFs. they happened to win 50+ games in the west. My example was

if Mike Sweetney plays 24 minutes and Mo Taylor plays 24 minutes, we are likely to get a combined number of 20+ and 10 rebounds shooting 50%--go look at their stats
you can say what you want, but they played effeciently they rebounded the ball they shot for a HIGh FG% and per 24 minutes their numbers are actually 24 points 13 rebounds combined shooting 52%

walker's defense? he plays defense? when?

you say sweetney played inconsistently yet he shot 53% with an avg of 8.5 pts and 5.4 reb in 19 minutes
--how can you be inconsitent with those numbers? everyone has off games, but on AVG Sweetney was a high % shooter who could score and rebound and so di Mo Taylor when he came here

A Walker is when he shoots 41% for his career at the 4? Ive searched and i couldnt come up with 1 other lets say very good PF who shot anywhere near that, not to mention his FT % and high TO's

Stop and think
[/quote]
The true Knickabocker..........
oohah
Member: #887
7/15/2005  10:51 PM
No way, No way. You are off my friend. We simply dont need him. tell me who exactly played PF for Seattle last year? Evans Collison Potapenko Fortson
How many games did they win and did they hold their own inside

Seattle had 2 star players: Ray Allen and Rashard and Rashard Lewis having career years. You also forgot about Radmanovich.

Allen 2004-2005
04-05 SEA 78 78 39.3 .428 .376 .883 1.00 3.40 4.40 3.7 1.08 .06 2.19 2.10 23.9

Rashard Lewis 2005-2005
04-05 SEA 71 71 38.0 .462 .400 .777 1.50 3.90 5.50 1.3 1.06 .87 1.73 2.20 20.

Vladimir Radmanovic 2004-2005
04-05 SEA 63 0 29.5 .409 .389 .786 .80 3.80 4.60 1.4 .90 .49 1.27 2.70 11.8

No spectacular field goal percentages there either. That is because they are versatile offensive players who are allowed to take risks and high-degree of dificulty shots.

If you want the Sonics, then we should definitely get Walker! They are like the Celtic of his heyday!
Is Sweetney Taylor Frye Rose JYD just as good--oR actually much better than that team who won 50 games in the east

Where was Antonie Walker against the Pacers?
Outclassed

More like outmanned. Anyway, who do you want again? Stromile Swift? Tell me about his playoff heroics. Or anybody else that we might get for our front line. Take all the time you need.
Why did the Mavericks move him?
because they realize he is over rated

Because they have Nowitzki.
Why didnt he stick with the Hawks
they didnt like him

Because Aw was going to be a free agent and he didn't want to stay in Atlanta.
He has had some success with Boston why dont they want him back?

Because Danny Ainge is Loony Toons: http://www.braintypes.com/ainge.htm

and Ainge has a bigger ego than Antoine. All the Celtic fans said he never should have been traded, and were happy to see him back.
because they have seen the results of Walkers play in the playoffs where guys like kenyon Martin Jermaine Oneal Ben Wallace make him look stupid

Look stupid? Back it up. I can name better players than whoever you might want. (Whomever that is.) What does that prove?
also, he plays an undiscplined game

As compared to
Can you name another elite 4 who shoots 41% from the field for his career?

41.5. Who called him elite? Not me.
Isiah Thomas is going to intimidate Jamal C Q and Walker into shooting + 40% how he didnt exactly scare Jamal from hiding behind the 3 pt line all year--is he going to jump on these guys with a sledge hammer?

That's not what I said at all. Isiah will intimidate them into not taking so many shots when there are superior offensive players on the floor. Actually, Jamal did try harder last year. You don't need to intimadate AW into being over 40%, he already is.
What other club is going to pay a premium for A walker
NONE

Says who?
do we want to stunt the growth of frye for walker
NO

You're right, we don't stunt Frye's growth with AW. We allow Frye to come off the bench and earn some minutes. You go ahead and turn your front line over to Channing Frye, Mike Sweetney and Tim Thomas. Worst in the NBA.
why did we spend 17mm a year for Malik and Taylor?

Don't ask me. Does that mean we have to want them and keep them?
Isiah is treating this roster like a rotiserre game, he had a good draft, he got a 18-20 minute 7-1 guy we have a lot of deopth at the guards

Who is the 7-1 guy?
why dont we let it run its course? we have been the ABSOLUTE worse when dealing with vets, i mean byond vin baker etc.. again we just spent 17mm a season on T and M are we giving upon them right now? stupid

Yes we should, no it isn't. Let's get better.
is there a PF better than AW walker in next years draft yes I think their are multiple one's

Who are they and why do you think we will get them?
its STUPID management to put 3 guys together who shoot a low % on the basis that isiah will kick their arse if they follow their own trends--i mean stay the F away from walker

Sorry then, that is the team we have:

Guards trend = Chuckers.

Forwards/centers trend: = bench players. That is the trend you want to keep?
Im not against any move, i think we paid James to much, but like i said im not against it
i didnt want some of the drafted players, but i believe they are all reasonable

You're not against "any move" but you do seem to have something against Walker, considering the only players we are comparing him to are chopped liver.
but antoine walker would be a stifling move an idiotic conction of stupidty to sign him to a huge contract until he is 35, whoever is behind this brain power will watch us win LESS games than if we sat tight.

Lots of adjectives but very little substance.
I think he just plays when he wants to and tanks when he wants to.

I see no reason to say he has tanked. When?
You may be right...if we did sign him, he's have to average 20/10.

His career averages are 20/09.

He doesn't fit in with an entirely mediocre front line and team? I dare say we should fit him in, or make the mdiocre guys do some adapting.

The Celtics were beaten by a better team. If we get Toine for 7-8-9 million he is a BARGAIN.
wouldn't you rather y'all see sweets and frye develop and see if they're the guys that we can go to war with? seriously? when do we develop our own guys into the "superstars"? alot of other teams do it, why can't we?
walker will hinder their development if he's here and by that ALONE, we shouldn't bring him in.

Why does Walker hinder their development? Do you think because a young player has someone who gets more time than them they aren't being developed? Development is not about having players play more time than they should.
No team will pay Walker above 5mm, maybe the dumb knicks. In fact I would like one person here to show me a salary structure where AW could get an 8=9-10mm $ deal--NO team--why didnt the teams with all of the cash go after walker--i mean Milwaukee couldve had him--they went for rahim and then simmons

No team will give a 20/9 player more than 5 million. Please get real.
NJ does not even have a PF why is Walkers name not even mentioned? the only guy mentioned are rahim, marshall, swift

Who says?
in fact i have not seen one team that is interested in A W--Clev was prepared to give haslem 45mm why not walker

Prove it.
dont u see where this is going stupid land

Good point And quite the argument as well. According to you, Udonis Haslem, rahim, marshall, swift, and simmons are all better than AW. Maybe Rahim is. If you can't compare stats and success and cut the sportswriter, around the horn stuff, I can't really argue because there is nothing to argue with. Use the facts if you can.

And your replacement is:
Stop and think

I think you don't have a better alternative.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
djsunyc
7/15/2005  10:59 PM
wow - you really like walker, huh?

sweets got 20 mins a night last year.
let's say he's in getting in shape this summer.

how many minutes would he get if walker is here?
will those 20 go up or will it stay at 20? or will it go down?

when you bring in a walker, you're bringing in a 30+ min player at the 4 spot. he will not get benched, even if sweetney is having a really good game.

sweets will not get more than 20 mins a night - that, to me, is hindering his development.

no point discussing this unless we get him.

you're high on him and want him here.
i say - i'll pass.
oohah
7/15/2005  11:14 PM
wow - you really like walker, huh?

No, I really like him compared to what me might get and what we have. The only other player of his caliber whose name is being tossed around is Shareef Abdur Rahim.
sweets got 20 mins a night last year.
let's say he's in getting in shape this summer.

how many minutes would he get if walker is here?
will those 20 go up or will it stay at 20? or will it go down?

Sweets still gets 30 minutes or more. Not every player plays every game. Some of these guys on the front line will get DNP's
sweets will not get more than 20 mins a night - that, to me, is hindering his development.

Sweets will get plenty of time. He's the most senior man on the front line now. Anyway walker shoots sooooo many threes that sweetney will gobble up the multitude of misses.
no point discussing this unless we get him.

Furthermore, I guess there is no real point in discussing much of anything since all we can do is watch.
you're high on him and want him here.
i say - i'll pass.

I think Antoine Walker is "very good player", and you should add very good players at almost every opportunity.

I would rather have Shareef Abdur Rahim. I can't believe the AW naysayers haven't brought up his name until just recently. I just don't think that we can get him.

If you pass and we add no one, where do you rank our front line? Who is worse than us?

oohah

BRIGGS
7/15/2005  11:17 PM
You can say whatever you want. the fact is Antoine Walker is a career 41% FG % shooter, a porous defender, a poor FT shooter and a guy who turns the ball over a lot.

RIGHT now I would take college guys like Josh Mcroberts, Paul Millsap, Josh Boone, Sheldan Williams over Antoine at the 4 in one second. I view basketball different from you. I believe basketball is won with defense, rebounding and offensive discpline.

will see lets get walker and i bet we win 35 games.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2005  11:20 PM
Wow, oohah, that's an impressive dissection of each of Briggs' "points." I'd give you more than 2 thumbs up if I had more than two thumbs!
Sure I'd be partly uncomfortable if we got Walker because I wouldn't know what to expect, but for his talent and past winning, I think it's worth the risk.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/15/2005 23:21:50]
oohah
7/15/2005  11:27 PM
You can say whatever you want. the fact is Antoine Walker is a career 41% FG % shooter, a porous defender, a poor FT shooter and a guy who turns the ball over a lot.

Okay, one last question: is your glass half empty?
RIGHT now I would take college guys like Josh Mcroberts, Paul Millsap, Josh Boone, Sheldan Williams over Antoine at the 4 in one second. I view basketball different from you. I believe basketball is won with defense, rebounding and offensive discpline.

You'd take those very disciplined collge players who haven't played an NBA minute over Antoine Walker? That is definitely playing for the future!

NBA titles in the past 15 years have been won with dominant players. Jordan, Olajuwan, Duncan, Shaq. The exceptions have been Detroit with Isiah and Detroit last season.

We are trying to do it ensemble sytle so far. Let's see if we can get a big star. It ain't happening this season and I don't want to be terrible in 2005-2006. Sorry. If you think I want to mortgage the future, I can live with that.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 07/15/2005 23:28:52]
BRIGGS
7/15/2005  11:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Wow, oohah, that's an impressive dissection of each of Briggs' "points." I'd give you more than 2 thumbs up if I had more than two thumbs!
Sure I'd be partly uncomfortable if we got Walker because I wouldn't know what to expect, but for his talent and past winning, I think it's worth the risk.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/15/2005 23:21:50]

2 thumbs up for what--he is wrong, he's stating his opinion, but like I said the reality is antoine is an undiscplined low % player proven by his numbers including FG% FT% TO'sand defense. He was shown to be an inferior player in the playoffs by guys like Kenyon Martin, jermaine Oneal, Ben Wallace, this is not conjecture or opinion, but fact. he says that its just conjecture that other teams will pay him, but i didnt see one tam with cap room even offer him. I did see guys like Haslem Simmons Gadzuric KWAME BROWN haggled over. I believe that Rahim and Walker are in the same boat money wise, and we have seen heard from Goodwin that it would take the Nets to offer a 6 yr 38mm$ contract to get it done in a S+T--its in the papers all of them.

we will have to ki$$ the Boston Celtics arse for this player, truly a NY no-no. No true NY team would EVER kiss an arse from Boston, especially for him. No pride and the bottom line is when we line up all thes eshtty defenders who shoot 40%, we be right back in the shtter, but this time stuck with the junk.
No wonder why no one wants to coach the knicks
RIP Crushalot😞
oohah
7/15/2005  11:43 PM
I think the thumbs were for the breakdown with supporting data.

Thanx Bonn1997 .

As opposed to declerations with very little supporting data that is unfairly applied in order to impugn a player that you just don't like. That's okay, there are players I don't like too.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 07/15/2005 23:44:35]
Get Walker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy