[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chat with Former Knick John Starks - 12 PM Noon - LINK
Author Thread
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
7/15/2005  10:43 AM
I asked him about The Dunk, Game 7, and a few other things. You can post as many questions as you'd like...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatNBA?event_id=8700
AUTOADVERT
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
7/15/2005  12:04 PM
Scott Goldberg (Glen Cove): John, big Knicks fan here. Can you please give us the behind the scenes exclusive on what the feeling was like for you and the Knicks going into Game 7 of the 1994 NBA Finals versus the Houston Rockets? There must have been butterflies, and many mixed emotions?

John Starks: Yeah, of course, it was a really big game! There were butterflies, otherwise, you're not really ready to play. The locker room, I remember, was quiet and we were very focused on playing that game.

You heard it from the man himself.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/15/2005  12:16 PM
scott goldberg IS deb kaufman
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
7/15/2005  12:26 PM
Ha. Did you guys post any questions? I think the chat is over. I will post the whole transcript.
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
7/15/2005  12:29 PM
Chris Wash D.C.: First John you're the reason I became a Knicks fan. Second What do you think was the hardest part about playing New York do you feel that playing there is harder than playing for another team because of the fact that the fans are so rowdy and that it is the number one market as far as media in America?

John Starks: More so, I think the media makes it tough to play in New York. There are so many papers and tv channels covering the Knicks and the expectations for the Knicks are so high.

Scott Goldberg (Glen Cove): John, big Knicks fan here. Can you please give us the behind the scenes exclusive on what the feeling was like for you and the Knicks going into Game 7 of the 1994 NBA Finals versus the Houston Rockets? There must have been butterflies, and many mixed emotions?

John Starks: Yeah, of course, it was a really big game! There were butterflies, otherwise, you're not really ready to play. The locker room, I remember, was quiet and we were very focused on playing that game.

Nanette (Brooklyn): Recently, you wrote a book entitled "My Life". Will you be doing any book signings in the near future? If so, where and when?

John Starks: I will be doing some book signings, in the area. We did one in Brooklyn already and will be doing other ones in this area in the near future.

Exeter (england): Hi John, you played with patrick Ewing and against Robinson, Shaq, Dream and mutombo. Do you think Ewing is underrated all time like yourself? thanks John halliday

John Starks: Yeah. Patrick is right up there with those guys, no doubt. Sometimes people underestimate Patrick because he never won a championship, which shouldn't be the case. Patrick should be judged by the Hall of Fame numbers he put and the work he always did, night in and night out to help his team win games.

Jennifer (Stamford): I know that you do alot of charity work through your Foundation. What events are you hosting this summer? Is there a website you can refer me to for updates?

John Starks: Yes. I'm doing John Starks Celebrity Golf Tournament on the Sept. 19. I also will be holding a basketball clinic on August 22-26 in Hartsdale, NY. You can get all that info from my web site johnstarks.com.

Gary Jersey City: Hi John, I truly enjoyed watching you play. You are still one of my favorite players because I loved your toughness and determination. My question is how did you feel when you dunked over MJ and Horace Grant? That was an electrifying moment in Garden History, I still get excited when I watch replays of it.

John Starks: It felt good! Obviously dunking on Horace Grant and Michael. I'm happy to be able to make that play, and I'm fortunate to be in that position where I can make that happen. I'm very happy to be a part of Knicks history in that way.

joe mutti phoenix: I loved your old rivalry with the bulls ..do you see any rivalrys in the NBA developing , with that kind of intensity?

John Starks: Hmmm. I think when you saw this year's playoffs, Miami and Detroit have a pretty fierce rivalry now. Also, the Suns and San Antonio look like they're starting to develop something there. I look forward to seeing those rivalries continue and develop.

Scott (White Plains): You coached in the USBL for two seasons. Any aspirations to return to coaching at some point?

John Starks: Yeah. That's a dream of mine, to be able to coach at the NBA level. I'm trying to take things one step at a time, and I really love what I'm doing now for the Knicks, and I'm grateful for the opportunity. But I hope to continue to grow and move forward.

NBAMaster in Arnod: John being undrafted how did it feel when you played in the 1994 Allstar game or when you set the Knicks most three pionters made in a game with eight? You are the kind of person that gives hope to others.

John Starks: I think that was just a payoff for all the hard work I put in, accomplishing those things. I worked hard since I was young and becoming an All-Star was a crowning moment, not just for me, but for my family who helped me reach that point.

Dan Layton Utah: Hey John, It's nice to see your around. How did you like playing for the Jazz and did you like your stay in Utah? What was the best part about being in Utah living here and the worst part?

John Starks: I enjoyed my time in Utah. It was a different area to what I was used to. The people there were very nice and it was a great organization and city. I have only good things to say about Utah. It was very positive.

Bob (Chapel Hill): Some NBA players prepare well for retirement while others do not. What businesses, if any, are you involved in currently? What business, if any, would you like to become involved in?

John Starks: Right now, I have a few businesses I'm into to, an orthodic company I'm involved in. I'm also involved in a clothing company, called Back Nine, a golf company. I'm also involved in some other fashion items. I'm also part of a group with a foot product, which helps people with heel problems. I'm doing several things.

Great Neck- N.Y.: John, what was your favorite Knicks moment and why?

John Starks: My favorite Knicks moment was when we beat Indiana in Game 7 to reach the NBA Finals. We worked so hard as a team to reach that moment that it was very satisfying to beat Indiana and reach the Finals.

John Starks: I want to thank all the fans for their support over the years. Keep supporting the Knicks, we're moving in the right direction here and we will be exciting to watch and competing against the best in the NBA. Come back to the Garden for those exciting games.
Chat with Former Knick John Starks - 12 PM Noon - LINK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy