[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Things are looking really sad right now....
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2005  8:11 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I liked some of his choices as FAs, but I hate the way he approaches some of his deals. He is too vivid...any good salesman can take advantage of him. I will give him this though, giving the fact that we have a horrible cap situation, he really doesn't have much room to make great moves, but he is making due dilligence with what he has.
Posted by Masterplan:

i also loved the dermarr johnson signing, didn't work out long term for us but we got a serviceable, helpful player and helped the kid get his career back on track.

i feel that IT is very good at finding unheralded FAs and taking a gamble on guys like dermarr or jackie, but he's a bit more suspect on going after big name guys.
Maybe he's been too vivid on some of the deals, but that's a minority of the deals. There was little media speculation prior to the finalization (or near finalization) of the deals or picks that brought TT/Nazy, Q/Nate (the deal was near done when first reported), Lee, Ariza, Butler, Jerome James, Mo Taylor, and probably others that I can't think of.
Frye and Crawford were probably the only ones with a lot of media attention before the deals were made. Marbury was somewhere in between but closer to the first group. There really wasn't much media speculation on Marbury coming to the team until the deal was done.
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
7/15/2005  8:27 PM
tell me that scott Layden didn't tell Isiah to hire Herb
The true Knickabocker..........
Things are looking really sad right now....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy