Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2005  6:38 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Gerald Green another shtty day
Ryan Gomes 7-10 16 points 7 reb
Heck Amir Johnson who was pick 55 out of hS is shooting 70% through 5 games 9 pts 3 reb--hes headedfor the nbdl, but the Pistons had one of the best drafts for sure with Maxiell Aker and Johnson.

Al Jefferson has been really bad--so the Cs are going with a not ready for primetime Jefferson and veal at 4? Gomes is probably better than both!

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/box_score.cfm?game=46
Maybe there were good reasons why Green slipped to #18.

I'm surprised Al Jefferson's been struggling. He looked SO promising last season. His struggles in the SL are disappointing but people can't make too much out of the summer league. Didn't Bosh average like 3 RPG last year in the summer league and go on to be a 20/10/2 post-Vince player last season? The Cs still have to be at least a little concerned if Al's struggling
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
7/15/2005  6:50 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock into Al Jefferson, we know he can play in the NBA. I think its very possible that the Celtics coaching staff have him out there working certain areas of his game that they want him to work on and tell him to not worry about the rest.

Just a side note, Tony Allen another strong day, he has been ripping it up. Looks like he might be in for his own breakout year this year.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/15/2005  7:14 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Maybe there were good reasons why Green slipped to #18.

Kobe Bryant slipped to #13 & he ended up being the best player taken in that draft...i think Green has the same potential to be the best player taken in this draft in a few years.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/15/2005  7:19 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I wouldn't put too much stock into Al Jefferson, we know he can play in the NBA. I think its very possible that the Celtics coaching staff have him out there working certain areas of his game that they want him to work on and tell him to not worry about the rest.

Just a side note, Tony Allen another strong day, he has been ripping it up. Looks like he might be in for his own breakout year this year.

Don't let tony Allen fool you, he did the same thing last SL. The problem with tony allen is that he can't really create a good offense off the dribble although he has tremendous hops. He tends to be out of control often...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Gerald green looking like he shouldve went to college

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy