Gerald green looking like he shouldve went to college
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2005  8:12 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

you want to understand where antoine walker is highly over-rated show me another good frontcourt player who has avg 41% FG for their career. You wont find ANY. 41% from a frontcourt player, SCKS. You CANNOT have your PF shoot 41% with porous D and loosy goosy with the ball. he IS over rated.
Then why should the Celtics re-sign him? They'd be stuck with him for a long-term deal. Also, why is FG% the only thing we should look at? Doesn't his rebounding and passing compensate for his FG%? He had some up and down moments in the playoffs, but you can't deny that the Celtics were much better both last season and previous years with than without him.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/15/2005  9:43 AM
Boston signed scalabrine cuz he white, got red hair and freckles!

Seriously, the dude got 3 mil a year to ride pine, he is mobile, can bang, and can shoot! A good foot soldier to get 7 min a game and practice hard. not everyone gotta be a star!

Im happy for these scrubs whom work hard for a few years and can get the kind of financial security. If your a knick fan and hate him, he obviously made his mark somewhere!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/15/2005  9:49 AM
toine is all flash, some substance and at the end of the day, not the PF that will help you win a title.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/15/2005  9:52 AM
I don't think bringing back Walker, or Payton for that matter longterm is in Ainge's plan. He wants to build with young talent, not have Walker blocking Al Jefferson's development, and Payton takin away time from whoever it is they think can play pg for them between Delonte West and Marcus Banks. Besides Payton is really past him prime at this point and should go backup on a title contending team like the Suns or Spurs.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/15/2005  10:03 AM
Posted by simrud:

I don't think bringing back Walker, or Payton for that matter longterm is in Ainge's plan. He wants to build with young talent, not have Walker blocking Al Jefferson's development, and Payton takin away time from whoever it is they think can play pg for them between Delonte West and Marcus Banks. Besides Payton is really past him prime at this point and should go backup on a title contending team like the Suns or Spurs.

west and banks are not starting NBA Pg material... Al Jefferson is a bigman that doesn't defend. And no one is scared if Ricky Davis and Pierce needs to find his game.. Celtics are scaring no one with that crew..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/15/2005  10:13 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:

The difference with guys like Lebron, carmello and even Ariza to green is this.. Lebron and melo had a pro game already, and mentally they were ready, Green isn't, but if you don't have the offensive games of lebron and carmello then you at least need to do something else to contribute, like trevor who could defend, rebound and run the floor,these things kept trevor on the roster until he could develop a offensive game...What does green have to offer now except some highlight dunks? in SL?

Another example is Josh smith, his offensive game sucks but he could rebound and block shots, that will keep anyone on a NBA roster..

My man, i would trade Ariza for Josh smith so fast it would spin your head. Josh smith is was and will be a top 3-5 talent in last years draft.
Briggs, I have given you a lot of credit for your talent evaluation but if you believe that Josh Smith is and will be a top 3 talent in last year's draft then you must be calling last year's draft class s#$t. Because I seen Josh Smith play enough games to even know that this guy doesn't have it. I can go uptown in NY and find 10 other Josh Howards with a jump shot. Let me know when this kid will get a brain transplant which would the 1st improvement that is needed.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/15/2005  10:14 AM
the problem with Walker is he isn't really a 4- he plays a 3 role- perimeter type play.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/15/2005  10:29 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

you want to understand where antoine walker is highly over-rated show me another good frontcourt player who has avg 41% FG for their career. You wont find ANY. 41% from a frontcourt player, SCKS. You CANNOT have your PF shoot 41% with porous D and loosy goosy with the ball. he IS over rated.
Then why should the Celtics re-sign him? They'd be stuck with him for a long-term deal. Also, why is FG% the only thing we should look at? Doesn't his rebounding and passing compensate for his FG%? He had some up and down moments in the playoffs, but you can't deny that the Celtics were much better both last season and previous years with than without him.
If the Celtics want to make a run at the playoffs, they have to resign him. It is as simple as that. He was their 2nd best player last season and if they lose him, then they are pretty much a lotto team in my book unless Jefferson can start producing a lot immediately.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/15/2005 10:30:35]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2005  10:58 AM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

If the Celtics want to make a run at the playoffs, they have to resign him. It is as simple as that. He was their 2nd best player last season and if they lose him, then they are pretty much a lotto team in my book unless Jefferson can start producing a lot immediately.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/15/2005 10:30:35]
So he is the kind of player who helps teams (in this case the Celtics) win games? I'm having trouble understanding why people say that on the one hand but on the other hand talk as though it would destroy the franchise if Walker came to the Knicks. He helps the Celtics win games but would destroy the Knicks franchise?
mpurg
Member: #181
USA
7/15/2005  12:27 PM
The correct way to write what you did is "He should have gone to college".
"He once led the nation in scoring and rebounding"
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
7/15/2005  12:53 PM
Posted by mpurg:

mpurg, this is not an english grammer forum....it is a NY Knicks forum. Get the hint?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/15/2005  12:56 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:

The difference with guys like Lebron, carmello and even Ariza to green is this.. Lebron and melo had a pro game already, and mentally they were ready, Green isn't, but if you don't have the offensive games of lebron and carmello then you at least need to do something else to contribute, like trevor who could defend, rebound and run the floor,these things kept trevor on the roster until he could develop a offensive game...What does green have to offer now except some highlight dunks? in SL?

Another example is Josh smith, his offensive game sucks but he could rebound and block shots, that will keep anyone on a NBA roster..

My man, i would trade Ariza for Josh smith so fast it would spin your head. Josh smith is was and will be a top 3-5 talent in last years draft.
Briggs, I have given you a lot of credit for your talent evaluation but if you believe that Josh Smith is and will be a top 3 talent in last year's draft then you must be calling last year's draft class s#$t. Because I seen Josh Smith play enough games to even know that this guy doesn't have it. I can go uptown in NY and find 10 other Josh Howards with a jump shot. Let me know when this kid will get a brain transplant which would the 1st improvement that is needed.

exactly, I went to at least 10 Hawks games last year and watched their games on local broadcast, he is a tremendous athlete but at times he is just lost out there.. Lost...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
7/15/2005  1:04 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by mpurg:

mpurg, this is not an english grammer forum....it is a NY Knicks forum. Get the hint?

lol exactly! what the hell was that about? lol
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
7/15/2005  1:14 PM
Posted by Andrew:

That would be grammar, Andrew.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Knick2001
Member: #83
7/15/2005  2:47 PM
According to Marty Burns, he's the next Tracy McGrady.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=cnnsi-eyeopening&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

But while Webster drew the biggest raves among the foursome for his overall play and NBA-readiness, Green was the player that had everybody talking -- and not just for his dunking ability. The 19-year-old phenom also displayed a smooth jumper to go with his springs, and generally competed on defense. Though he didn't post huge numbers over his first four games -- 9.8 points and 1.0 rebound in 17.5 minutes -- he looked solid.

"From what I've seen so far he's played well," Knicks interim coach Herb Williams said Wednesday. "People compare him to Tracy McGrady. I hate to compare him to anybody. He's got his own style. But I think he's in a good situation in Boston. With time and maturity he can be one of the better players in this league."
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/15/2005  3:45 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:

exactly, I went to at least 10 Hawks games last year and watched their games on local broadcast, he is a tremendous athlete but at times he is just lost out there.. Lost...

i disagree, he is just a tremendous talent who is moving to the *4* poistion full time this year. you dont need to be a great outside shooter to be a great 4. hes physical hes got a nastiness to him and hes th closet darn thing that Ive seen resembling shwan Marion--but i think this kid will also be an impact defensive player. skies the limit for this kid--i see his numbers at 15+10+2.5 this year
RIP Crushalot😞
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
7/15/2005  6:11 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by Andrew:

That would be grammar, Andrew.

If you red enuff of dis tuff u c its nether a grammor or spellin form

Good lord, thats offensive. There's a mixed metaphor in the midst of that scribble.

For the record, its not a gibberish forum either.

[Edited by - codeunknown on 07/15/2005 18:12:51]
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
roblackman
Member: #926
7/15/2005  6:15 PM
This thread is either getting locked up nor going nowhere.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
BRIGGS
7/15/2005  6:31 PM
Gerald Green another shtty day
Ryan Gomes 7-10 16 points 7 reb
Heck Amir Johnson who was pick 55 out of hS is shooting 70% through 5 games 9 pts 3 reb--hes headedfor the nbdl, but the Pistons had one of the best drafts for sure with Maxiell Aker and Johnson.

Al Jefferson has been really bad--so the Cs are going with a not ready for primetime Jefferson and veal at 4? Gomes is probably better than both!
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
7/15/2005  6:32 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Gerald Green another shtty day
Ryan Gomes 7-10 16 points 7 reb
Heck Amir Johnson who was pick 55 out of hS is shooting 70% through 5 games 9 pts 3 reb--hes headedfor the nbdl, but the Pistons had one of the best drafts for sure with Maxiell Aker and Johnson.

Al Jefferson has been really bad--so the Cs are going with a not ready for primetime Jefferson and veal at 4? Gomes is probably better than both!

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/box_score.cfm?game=46
RIP Crushalot😞
Gerald green looking like he shouldve went to college

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy