[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gerald green looking like he shouldve went to college
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2005  9:58 PM

So far, other than 1 dunk, this kid's reviews are the worst of any HS player--he has very little to no chance of making an nBA roster--he;; get paid, but he will also be riding the bus in the nBDL.

Tell you what, we past the Celtics for sure. Thats a lock, the Celts took advantage of a weak east, but they were really never a good team

now adding scalbrine??? and Gomes who play the same position 3-4 is their big offseason? losing payton and walker might sting, they better rethink walker for them. it seems like walker is best fit there.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  10:34 PM
i tend to agree w/u about them holding onto Walker...as for Green, i still think when we look back at this draft in a few years, he's going to be the best player to come out of this draft...you talk about having patience for young players all the time...i think it's kinda early to give up on a 19 year old kid coming straight out of HS before he's even played an NBA game.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/14/2005  10:43 PM
Posted by TMS:

i tend to agree w/u about them holding onto Walker...as for Green, i still think when we look back at this draft in a few years, he's going to be the best player to come out of this draft...you talk about having patience for young players all the time...i think it's kinda early to give up on a 19 year old kid coming straight out of HS before he's even played an NBA game.
Well we all knew he shoulda went to college and his game wasn't developed. My thinking was that Boston has Pierce and Walker to keep them decent as Jefferson, Perkins, Green and somebody else they have develops. They're still in a great situation long term imo.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  10:43 PM
i don't understand scalabrine at all.

AND MANY people in boston don't like doc and said they were lucky to win some close games DESPITE his late game coaching.

interesting.

IF they lose walker, payton, and green doesn't do work right away, they are a worse team than last season.

the walker surge at the deadline gave them a huge lift in winning that division but that QUICKLY fizzled out.

now if he's gone, then all their eggs are in al jefferson's basket.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/14/2005  10:45 PM
One of the guys at my job is a Boston fan, and he flipped out when I told him the morning of Scalabrine's signing. Today he went up to me and said, "Ha. NY signed a bum."

I'd MUCH rather have James than Scalabrine. Scally is gettin way overpaid...3 Mill per for 5 years.....Ainge really dropped the bomb on that one.

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/14/2005 22:46:26]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2005  11:02 PM
The difference with guys like Lebron, carmello and even Ariza to green is this.. Lebron and melo had a pro game already, and mentally they were ready, Green isn't, but if you don't have the offensive games of lebron and carmello then you at least need to do something else to contribute, like trevor who could defend, rebound and run the floor,these things kept trevor on the roster until he could develop a offensive game...What does green have to offer now except some highlight dunks? in SL?

Another example is Josh smith, his offensive game sucks but he could rebound and block shots, that will keep anyone on a NBA roster..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
7/14/2005  11:02 PM
BTW.. blatche looks just as bad...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  11:10 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

So far, other than 1 dunk, this kid's reviews are the worst of any HS player--he has very little to no chance of making an nBA roster--he;; get paid, but he will also be riding the bus in the nBDL.

Tell you what, we past the Celtics for sure. Thats a lock, the Celts took advantage of a weak east, but they were really never a good team

now adding scalbrine??? and Gomes who play the same position 3-4 is their big offseason? losing payton and walker might sting, they better rethink walker for them. it seems like walker is best fit there.
Why? Is Walker actually a good player who helps teams win games? (I never got that impression from you or a lot of other people before.)
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  11:20 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Why? Is Walker actually a good player who helps teams win games? (I never got that impression from you or a lot of other people before.)

it seems as if he plays better with the Cs,albeit wildly inconsistent-- that doesnt mean much if we go by the playoffs and him being shown as quite an inferior player to upper echlon players. I think when you start replacing a guy like walker with scalbrine? then I think you are going the wrong way.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
7/14/2005  11:22 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

it seems as if he plays better with the Cs,albeit wildly inconsistent-- that doesnt mean much if we go by the playoffs and him being shown as quite an inferior player to upper echlon players. I think when you start replacing a guy like walker with scalbrine? then I think you are going the wrong way.
Plays better for the Cs? He played barely more than one season away from the Cs!
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  11:24 PM
Posted by tkf:

The difference with guys like Lebron, carmello and even Ariza to green is this.. Lebron and melo had a pro game already, and mentally they were ready, Green isn't, but if you don't have the offensive games of lebron and carmello then you at least need to do something else to contribute, like trevor who could defend, rebound and run the floor,these things kept trevor on the roster until he could develop a offensive game...What does green have to offer now except some highlight dunks? in SL?

Another example is Josh smith, his offensive game sucks but he could rebound and block shots, that will keep anyone on a NBA roster..

My man, i would trade Ariza for Josh smith so fast it would spin your head. Josh smith is was and will be a top 3-5 talent in last years draft.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  11:25 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Plays better for the Cs? He played barely more than one season away from the Cs!

let me put it this way antoine walker scks, but hes a whole lot better than scalbrine if jefferson is not ready to play 40 minutes.
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/14/2005  11:28 PM
I think Green will be ok in a couple of years. His frame just isn't ready for NBA contact. That's why him and his agent didn't want him to go one on one with Webster. Nash was smart enough to realize this and a couple of other teams. The Celtics would be crazy to move Walker, right now he is more dependable than Pierce and don't look but has more big games than Pierce. He isn't scare to take the big shot. Walker is a competitor who takes bad shots but always wants the ball in hand. I respect him for that. Tim Duncan had to be ridicule before he demanded the ball.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
USA
7/14/2005  11:29 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

let me put it this way antoine walker scks, but hes a whole lot better than scalbrine if jefferson is not ready to play 40 minutes.
He's gotta be a whole lot better than any forward we have too
Bonn1997
USA
7/14/2005  11:33 PM
I remember an article being posted showing that based on NBA performance, high schoolers are taken on average 7 picks too high. I have very little trouble believing that. People fall in love with potential and their for potential magnifies when it's high school kids because we're allowed to overlook all their flaws. They're so young and have "forever" to work on those flaws.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/14/2005  11:42 PM
Antoine Walker is a very good player, its a matter of him being in the right situation. Denver, Houston, and Phoenix could all be places where he would flourish. He playeed very well in Dallas as well. He gets a bad rap on this site and I don;t want him because he isn't the kind of player we need, but he does alot of things well, and is very talented.
tkf
7/14/2005  11:42 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:

My man, i would trade Ariza for Josh smith so fast it would spin your head. Josh smith is was and will be a top 3-5 talent in last years draft.

why are you now comparing smith to ariza? again I have seen josh play a lot more than you and up close and live, the guy is lucky to be taken where he was... so far he has proven to be a adequate rebounder and good shotblocker, but like green, he too could of used college, the guy offensively is worse than ariza...
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/15/2005  12:09 AM
Green notwithstanding (I never liked the kid anyway), the Cs scare me. Ricky Davis is only 25/26, Paul Pierce is still Paul Pierce, Al Jefferson is going to be a BEAST - he may be the best power forward in the East in a few years, he'll give Dwight a run for his money at least. They have good depth in Delonte, Allen, Banks, Gomes, Veal, Blount. Not a ton of size, but so much athleticism on the wings. I think they'd be better without Antoine Walker, but either way, their roster scares me. Mainly because I don't think we have a guy on our team who can stop Davis or Jefferson. Davis DESTROYED Jamal and Trevor last year and I don't think Q will fare any better. Maybe Nate can guard him?

When I think about it, I'm actually thrilled a team like the Cs did NOT get Jerome James. Weird.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
7/15/2005  12:12 AM
you want to understand where antoine walker is highly over-rated show me another good frontcourt player who has avg 41% FG for their career. You wont find ANY. 41% from a frontcourt player, SCKS. You CANNOT have your PF shoot 41% with porous D and loosy goosy with the ball. he IS over rated.

The NY Knicks have 2 main weapons in Crawford and Q who shoot below 40--we DO NOT need another one, its ASKING for trouble.

Ill go with the Sweetney Taylor combination at PF--I think they can combine for close to 50% with more rebounds
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/15/2005  12:19 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

you want to understand where antoine walker is highly over-rated show me another good frontcourt player who has avg 41% FG for their career. You wont find ANY. 41% from a frontcourt player, SCKS. You CANNOT have your PF shoot 41% with porous D and loosy goosy with the ball. he IS over rated.

The NY Knicks have 2 main weapons in Crawford and Q who shoot below 40--we DO NOT need another one, its ASKING for trouble.

Ill go with the Sweetney Taylor combination at PF--I think they can combine for close to 50% with more rebounds

Of course you're totally right but it's still a shame that O'Brien got inside Walker's head and let him ruin what could have been a stellar career and a real special game.
Gerald green looking like he shouldve went to college

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy