Knicks 2nd Round Possibilities?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/21/2002  4:43 PM
From Insider:
"Smush Parker: The Knicks will bring in Parker along with Cincinnati's Steve Logan, Temple's Lynn Greer and former Florida point guard Teddy Dupay Thursday."

Looks like if the Knicks can't trade up and get Williams, they'll draft a frountcourt player and then look to help the point guard situation (though drafting it would hurt it now, it'd help in the long run.) in the 2nd round. I think thats a good idea, and I like Logan and Greer, I've seen them both play. I like what I hear about Parker, but I've never seen him. And Dupay got kicked off the Florida team for gambling, but he was pretty good from what I remember. So either Wilcox, Gooden, or Maybyner I'd be happy with at power forward. If they're all gone somehow I'd trade down, get another 2nd rounder, then take Curtis Borchardt. And of course, if Wagner or Butler are still there at 7 you have to think about them too. I think the point we get in the 2nd depends on the first round. Wilcox is all strength so you'd need a more offensive point to match him, so you'd go with Logan. Same thing with Maybyner. If you got Gooden, you could get a passing point like Parker. Greer is a mix of both, and watching him in the NIT carry Temple was awesome, he's a good player, a tad small though. As of now it looks like Layden knows what he's doing.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 05/21/2002 16:52:24]
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/21/2002  9:46 PM
I've been reading things about Smush, he seems like the best pick for the 2nd rounder, especially since they will most likely be getting a guy downlow in Wilcox, Gooden, or Hilario (I'm hoping for Gooden). Parker apparently is a good 3 point shooter (good if doubles are going down low) and since he grew up playing in NYC he can create off the dribble and slash, which would help perimeter shooting. Also, this could be Action Jackson's project, since both come from similar backgrounds and judging by the scouting reports have similar games. Parker is also 6 ft. 4, a nice height. God, I wish the Knicks had two lotto picks like the Clips. Any chance of them getting another? If they could land Wagner, then draft Gooden or Wilcox if Gooden isn't there, then get Parker in the 2nd round, you'd have the backcourt set and a player to build around in the front court. DRAFT MADNESS BABY. I love it.
#Knickstaps
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
5/23/2002  7:24 AM
Draft madness is the next best thing to playoff madness in our case.
The Old Man of UK...
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/23/2002  9:09 AM
I ALSO AGREE THE FIRST ROUND SHOULD BE SPENT ON THE FRONTCOURT. THE 2ND ROUND IS THE PG ROUND. DICKAU MAY SLIP OR MAYBE WE CAN TRADE PGS AFTER THE DRAFT MAYBE WITH SOME CASH. IM HOPING FOR GOODEN TOO EVEN THOUGH WILCOX IS MORE LIKELY.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knicks 2nd Round Possibilities?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy