Bill Laimbeer pulls himself out of the running for Knicks coach
Author Thread
roblackman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #926
7/14/2005  6:51 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by roblackman:

Herb should get a 2nd chance because he never got a 1st chance! The team sucked last year and it was hardly the fault of the coach. He was never given the opportunity to implement his ideas in training camp. Gary Payton went back to Boston last year after being let go BTW.

It's not like Herb Williams only got 10 or 15 games to prove himself. He got 43 games. That's more then half a season. More then enough time to show something ... anything. Tell me one single thing we improved under Herb.

And screw Gary Payton.

The team competed every night even when they were out of the race, that's a credit to the coach.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
AUTOADVERT
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  6:52 PM
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by roblackman:

Herb should get a 2nd chance because he never got a 1st chance! The team sucked last year and it was hardly the fault of the coach. He was never given the opportunity to implement his ideas in training camp. Gary Payton went back to Boston last year after being let go BTW.

It's not like Herb Williams only got 10 or 15 games to prove himself. He got 43 games. That's more then half a season. More then enough time to show something ... anything. Tell me one single thing we improved under Herb.

And screw Gary Payton.

The team competed every night even when they were out of the race, that's a credit to the coach.

WHAT!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

We were 16-27! We allowed 104 ppg! We lost at home to Atlanta giving up 139 points! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!
roblackman
7/14/2005  6:56 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by roblackman:

And screw Gary Payton.

We were 16-27! We allowed 104 ppg! We lost at home to Atlanta giving up 139 points! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!

The numbers are inflated because of OT games and two high scoring games against PHX and ATL. Yes I'm serious, we were in almost every game.
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  6:59 PM
I cannot believe anyone would defend Herb Williams.

I'm speachless.
roblackman
7/14/2005  7:00 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

I cannot believe anyone would defend Herb Williams.

I'm speachless.

If he was THAT horrible Isiah would get rid of him in a NY minute don't you think?
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
7/14/2005  7:03 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by roblackman:

And screw Gary Payton.

I don't care who coached the NY Knicks last season. At that point, they'd obviously let it. It shows on defense. Defense is all effort and their defense got worse. This means that didn't play hard. I don't care if Isiah brought in Red Holzman himself, that squad flat out started looking towards the offseason no matter what they were told. Period. I don't think that reflects on Herb as much as the situation itself. No team, who are pretty much already on a downward spiral, turns it around under the same coach the same season and become totally different. And don't say NJ because they were still among the best teams in the east when they were playing inconsistantly. The Knicks on the other hand, in my opinion, accepted their fate by the time Lenny was canned.

Also, Stan Van Gundy is not availible at the moment. And may never be availible. And if Riley does take over, which he hasn';t said that he would, there's a possibility that Stan will go back to being his assistant like he originally was. P.J. Carlesimo is the worst...NEXT! He's proven to me that I hate his coaching style, I'd rather have someone that I could potentially like than someone who I already know I don't like. As far as Larry Brown, all that can be done is play the waiting game. What else is there to do?

Lastly, the fact that Herb wanted to be waived and come back here and then got a job in the front office and then on the bench shows me that he's dedicated to the franchise and wants us to win. ALthough I'd rather Larry Brown, we all know that if Brown comes here and doesn't like how it's going down he will be gone in a season. He's just the oposite of Herb. No loyalty. I don't blame him, but he is who he is.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/14/2005  7:37 PM
looks like laimbeer was not new york ready....at least he had common sense to eject.

not everybody wants to come to new york

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/14/2005  8:51 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by roblackman:

And screw Gary Payton.

totally. herb's defense sucked. herb sucked. the players sucked. the knicks overall were terrible.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  10:11 PM
If Herb is rehired, it would be Isiah's worst decision ever. Why in the hell would you bring Herb back when he failed so miserably? I have asked this question many times, but no one seems to be able to answer it, what in the hell has Herb done to deserve to be the coach of the Knicks? what has he helped the Knicks with????

I was a very happy man until I read this news...Isiah destroyed our good momentum...
The true Knickabocker..........
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/15/2005  1:54 AM
Isiah is really blowing this thing. Larry isn't coming here, and Herb stinks.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
7/15/2005  2:53 AM
Posted by Rich:

Isiah is really blowing this thing. Larry isn't coming here, and Herb stinks.

What do YOU suggest he do in the Larry situation?
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Bill Laimbeer pulls himself out of the running for Knicks coach

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy