nate
ariza
sweets
frye
butler
lee
q (although i think he's expendable)

in fact, that's a VERY good job.

but when he follows that up with the mo's and vin's, it makes you shake your head.

james is a center.
james is big.
james can block shots.
BUT
james is lazy.
james fouls alot.
james never plays more than 15-20 mins.
james is 30.

signing a guy like that, EVEN THOUGH he WILL help this year and next, for 5 years is not what we should be doing.

everyone that supports this move keeps saying the same thing over and over again, "who else is left for the MLE?"

which, to me, means this was a desperation move b/c isiah didn't want to be left with nothing.

it's this ying-yang thing with zeke that gets me frustrated. i never called for his head. i think this is his last year to really show something here (after next summer) b/c he's made a TON of moves and took back a TON of dollars.

i like the young core. i still don't get some of the vets he brought in.

and caught in the middle is marbury who's in his prime and we still don't know if he's here to stay or possibly moved next summer.

so all we can do is wait and see.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 07/14/2005 16:32:30]
AUTOADVERT
roblackman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #926
7/14/2005  4:34 PM
Name me a player and I will find something wrong with him and something to complain about...
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  4:56 PM
players i like that Isiah acquired:

Craw
Nate
Ariza
Q
JYD
Marbs

Lee (still up in the air, but i don't mind the pick)

i've said it before & i'll say it again...i don't hate ALL the moves Isiah's made...but the last time i checked fans were allowed to voice their disapproval of a move on this forum...we're not all living in Bonn's bizarro world here.

[Edited by - TMS on 07/14/2005 16:56:29]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  5:04 PM
Posted by TMS:

players i like that Isiah acquired:

Craw
Nate
Ariza
Q
JYD
Marbs

Lee (still up in the air, but i don't mind the pick)

i've said it before & i'll say it again...i don't hate ALL the moves Isiah's made...but the last time i checked fans were allowed to voice their disapproval of a move on this forum...we're not all living in Bonn's bizarro world here.

[Edited by - TMS on 07/14/2005 16:56:29]
What's your problem? I haven't been attacking you or anyone else. I agree with the majority but certainly not all of Isiah's moves. Why do you have to live in a "bizarro" world to support more than 50% of the moves?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/14/2005 17:05:30]
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  5:07 PM
name me 1 move Isiah's made that you didn't agree with that you made a stand on in this forum?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
7/14/2005  5:14 PM
Posted by TMS:

name me 1 move Isiah's made that you didn't agree with that you made a stand on in this forum?
One? I'll do much better than that. These are all things I've publicly criticized/disagreed with Isiah for.
-The Mo Taylor trade
-Not signing Ariza to a deal where we got his Bird rights from the beginning
-Not signing Ron Mercer in 2003-4 when he was an FA. I was probably wrong here, but at the time I thought signing him to the league min would provide a nice scorer in case Houston couldn't play in the playoffs.
-Drafting Bynum over Frye. I wasn't devastated over this like some people, but I've said many times that I preferred Bynum.

Those are the first 4 that come to mind. I think I had more examples the last time someone asked me to give examples. If more come to mind, I'll let you know. I'll accept your apology for the (inaccurate) name calling on multiple threads whenever you're ready.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/14/2005 17:15:30]
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  6:34 PM
an apology??? are you freakin' kidding me dude? get a life, really...you're little snits on various threads taking shots at various posters doesn't entitle you to any apologies...but if it makes you feel better, i'm sorry you have to live your existence with rose colored glasses on all the time...sometimes it's good to see things for what they really are even if you don't particularly like what you may see.

as for your list, i think you've effectively managed to come up w/a reasoning behind every one of those moves that have basically excused Isiah's purpose & plan behind making them in your eyes...

this is you disagreeing w/Isiah's moves:

"I'm not sure if I agree with Isiah trading for Mo Taylor, but I can understand why he did it...Maybe he plans on trading him for 5 1st round picks in 2007 when his expiring contract becomes valuable...I'm not going to jump the gun like certain other posters on this forum & say that it was a bad move until I see what he can get for him 2 years down the road."

sorry, i just can't subscribe to that type of apologetic logic...call a spade a spade...i didn't like this move Isiah made by signing Jerome James...why anyone on this forum should have a problem w/that i have no idea.
Bonn1997
USA
7/14/2005  7:35 PM
wow; calm down. The apology was just a joke. Sorry it wasn't clearer. Sorry you can't accept it when I criticize Isiah either. The Mercer one was the only of the four where I let Isiah off the hook. You obviously have a problem with me and I don't have enough time to care about it. Cheers.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/14/2005 19:36:00]
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  7:37 PM
Posted by TMS:

i didn't like this move Isiah made by signing Jerome James...why anyone on this forum should have a problem w/that i have no idea.

we dont, its just you dont give any other options for what we could have done...oh yes, thats right, you want to start frye at center from the get-go.

[Edited by - jaydh on 07/14/2005 19:38:09]
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/14/2005  7:51 PM
signing James can be considered part of rebuilding

Its the MLE, use it or loose it & when Houston gets released, Dolan is saving TWICE what he is paying JJ!

And I'm sorry, but Frye is going to be better as a 4, not a 5. Without JJ, who was going to play the 5? Mo T? Frye? That would possibly have set his developement back- so having JJ helps develop Frye.

And IT is trying to win.
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  8:38 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by TMS:

i didn't like this move Isiah made by signing Jerome James...why anyone on this forum should have a problem w/that i have no idea.

we dont, its just you dont give any other options for what we could have done...oh yes, thats right, you want to start frye at center from the get-go.

why is starting a rookie who was taken with a #8 overall pick a bad thing? if you trust in Isiah's judgement of talent, why not let the kid prove his worth? is this team winning a championship next year w/Jerome James as our C? obviously not...so you start the season w/Frye at C & see how it goes...then options open up at the trade deadline...maybe a Brad Miller becomes available? who the hell knows...i DO know though, that Jerome James isn't a starting calibre C...why you guys are happy to accept this as a good signing is beyond me, but hey, you're entitled to your opinions as well...we've languished in mediocrity for the past 6 years, what's another 4 or 5, right?
jaydh
7/14/2005  8:46 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by TMS:

why is starting a rookie who was taken with a #8 overall pick a bad thing? if you trust in Isiah's judgement of talent, why not let the kid prove his worth? is this team winning a championship next year w/Jerome James as our C? obviously not...so you start the season w/Frye at C & see how it goes...then options open up at the trade deadline...maybe a Brad Miller becomes available? who the hell knows...i DO know though, that Jerome James isn't a starting calibre C...why you guys are happy to accept this as a good signing is beyond me, but hey, you're entitled to your opinions as well...we've languished in mediocrity for the past 6 years, what's another 4 or 5, right?

Frye is not ready to start. Sweetney was a 9th pick(i know, its not 8), but he wasnt able to start off the bat. Starting Frye right away could hurt more than help his development. He wont be able to play a lot of minutes(if he starts), he still needs some work, he is very foul prone. And when Frye has 4 fouls by halftime, who is his backup? Malik Rose? Puhlease. I dont see how getting James affected us in anyway except giving Frye a rest. You really think we are going to be under the cap anytime soon? Hilarious how people whine and bitch, then offer a solution which has a greater chance of hurting our young players rather than helping.

btw, i do trust isiah's eye for talent..but just because he picked them, doesnt mean they are nba starters right away. and once again, getting james has no affect on what we can do at the deadline.

[Edited by - jaydh on 07/14/2005 20:48:17]
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  9:08 PM
it's funny how me complaining about this acquisition irks you...not everyone here worships the ground Isiah walks on...maybe we should rename this forum the "Isiah Kool-Aid Board" & ban everyone who disagrees w/one of his moves.

i respect your right to agree w/this if you so choose...i don't agree with it...why is that a problem?
jaydh
7/14/2005  9:15 PM
Posted by TMS:

it's funny how me complaining about this acquisition irks you...not everyone here worships the ground Isiah walks on...maybe we should rename this forum the "Isiah Kool-Aid Board" & ban everyone who disagrees w/one of his moves.

i respect your right to agree w/this if you so choose...i don't agree with it...why is that a problem?

still didnt answer any questions... who would backup Frye? you dont think that starting frye right away could hurt his development?

oh my bad, i have faith in our GM, i must be on "the kool aid". i'm not parading around saying we are a contender with this signing nor does this lock us into mediocrity, but it was a necessity to get a true center, and there were no other options.

and if this does get us into the playoffs, then good, it'll give our young players playoff experience. and there is no denying players need that.

[Edited by - jaydh on 07/14/2005 21:16:26]
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  9:25 PM
who would backup Frye...the question that has no answer...it is one of the mysteries of life, i'm afraid.

lol, please dude...you make it sound as if Jerome James was the last C on the face of the Earth that was available...hell, i woulda taken Michael Doleac back on a 1 year veteran's minimum deal as a stopgap if i had to to be the backup...does that win us any championships? of course not, but it also doesn't necessitate taking on longterm contracts of scrub players either.

does that qualify as an answer or do i need to come up with a better one for your royalness?
roblackman
Member: #926
7/14/2005  9:45 PM
Posted by TMS:

who would backup Frye...the question that has no answer...it is one of the mysteries of life, i'm afraid.

lol, please dude...you make it sound as if Jerome James was the last C on the face of the Earth that was available...hell, i woulda taken Michael Doleac back on a 1 year veteran's minimum deal as a stopgap if i had to to be the backup...does that win us any championships? of course not, but it also doesn't necessitate taking on longterm contracts of scrub players either.

does that qualify as an answer or do i need to come up with a better one for your royalness?

You think you could sign Doleac back for the veteran's minimum? That goes to show how out of touch you are with the value of big men right now.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/14/2005  9:47 PM
Actually, it's called ultimate knicks...I'm just not sure if you have been happy with any Zeke move at the time he makes it...I mean, you say you are down with craw, but every now and then (especially after the season ended) everyone was calling for craw's head.

Now it's marbury...I just worry that you can't be happy for something for once the day it happens.

Bash all you want when the guy is a bust, but the fact that he chose NYC over other contenders is a sign that he sees zeke's plan and will be motiviated to help him accomplish it.

Think about it...if TT, MoT and James suddenly play above expectations, we're a championship contender.

yeah baby...gulp gulp gulp.

btw...i think naming hte site ULTIMATE KNICKS is basically the same as calling it the Isiah Kool-Aid Board...it's funny, when I first joined the knicks were 16-13 and it was the isiah kool aid board...fish used to have it in his footer...then we lost all those games and it was bash city...maybe most people are fair weather fans...I don't know...but everytime the knicks play, i expect them to win, and I root like that...maybe I'm just old fashioned...I'm 34...when I was a kid the only way you got any sports news was the newspaper (star ledger)...Sports illustrated came out once a week, but they never had anything local...oh, and we had George Micheal's sports machine...I lucked into ESPN (don't ask) so I got some highlights, but there wasn't anything like the types of rumors we have now...

so, don't worry, be happy.

Posted by TMS:

all kool aid all the time.
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  9:49 PM
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by TMS:

You think you could sign Doleac back for the veteran's minimum? That goes to show how out of touch you are with the value of big men right now.

how much was he making w/the Heat last year?
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  9:53 PM
rvhoss, we're the same age...trust me, i'm no fairweather fan...i've been posting on knicks forums since the old MSG boards first started & then came over here when that board went to ****...i go to at least 10 games a year & i root like crazy for EVERY Knicks player to do well, even Tim freakin' Thomas...if you haven't noticed me praising some of Isiah's moves over the past few months, well, you just haven't been paying attention then my friend.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
7/14/2005  9:57 PM
I've been behind all of Isiah's moves so far(jury is going to be out on the Jerome James signing) because I think he's working on a plan. I have faith that he is and lately it's really starting to show. I'm not the same age as you guys, I'm 22 but I when I started watching the Knicks they were a powerhouse back in the mid 90s and now I want them to get back to that and I think Isiah is the man to take them there. I'm definately not a fairweather fair, I bleed orange and blue and I know every fan on this board does too. I think for the most part if you take time out of your day to post on a message about a team your a pretty good fan lol.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
things i learned today

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy