Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  2:20 PM
1. Isiah has no plan
2. newyorkers are never satisfied
3. apparently you're not a true Knicks fan if you voice your disapproval of a move made by your team's GM (you're allowed to disagree, but you must keep it to yourself at all times)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  2:27 PM
Posted by TMS:

1. Isiah has no plan
3. apparently you're not a true Knicks fan if you voice your disapproval of a move made by your team's GM (you're allowed to disagree, but you must keep it to yourself at all times)

you can disagre...but asying isiah should have done this when no one knows what his options were is ridiculous. and to say a GM, in general, has no plan, is ridiculous. another thing you learned? how to be ridiculous
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/14/2005  2:29 PM
I think he has a plan, though I'm not sure that it is a good one. I think his plan is to keep this team in the playoffs year after year to satisfy the owners while trying to stockpile young talent so that he will have the pieces to pull off another blockbuster. One thing is certain though, we won't see Isiah tear everything down and rebuild the normal way.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/14/2005  2:31 PM
The youth & athleticism movement's in full effect! Get EXCITED! Players added: Malik Rose; Mo Taylor; Jerome James...CHAMPIONSHIP, HERE WE COME!

What's the matter?

Penny's not young and athletic enough for you?

Sheesh!
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by TMS:

1. Isiah has no plan

Isiah has a plan. He's clearly building around Marbury. He got him a big man shotblocker (James, not the best option but maybe the only REAL option), he got him a perfect pick and roll shotblocker (Frye), he got him a shooter from the wing who can guard bigger guards (Q), he got him a perfect backup who may allow him to move to the 2 at times (Nate).

That's a plan. Just because James was the only option and just ebcause he doesn't want to trade Marbury doesn't mean there's no plan.

And of course you are right about the second two points, but that's nothing new.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  2:34 PM
Let me add a little more to this...Isiah is trying to keep N.Y competitive for the fans....MSG will not be a good place to be if the Knicks is not competitive...after all, the bills have to be paid. With a payroll like what we have, we have to build and produce at the same time. Rent at MSG is not cheap.

Posted by s3231:

I think he has a plan, though I'm not sure that it is a good one. I think his plan is to keep this team in the playoffs year after year to satisfy the owners while trying to stockpile young talent so that he will have the pieces to pull off another blockbuster. One thing is certain though, we won't see Isiah tear everything down and rebuild the normal way.
The true Knickabocker..........
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
7/14/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by Marv:
The youth & athleticism movement's in full effect! Get EXCITED! Players added: Malik Rose; Mo Taylor; Jerome James...CHAMPIONSHIP, HERE WE COME!

What's the matter?

Sheesh!

It's just that he's missing the days of Weatherspoon, Harrington, Eisley, Ward, Williams, Anderson, Lampe, Milos (lol), Nailon, a gimpy Dyess and a gimpy Houston. Now THAT'S althleticism! Forget about Steph, Q, Ariza, Nate, Lee and Frye. Those guys are frumpy tree stumps who are nailed to the floor. I can understand his anger!
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
TheloniusMonk
USA
7/14/2005  2:51 PM
Oh yeah and Craw too. He's fat and old.
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  2:58 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by Marv:

What's the matter?

Sheesh!

It's just that he's missing the days of Weatherspoon, Harrington, Eisley, Ward, Williams, Anderson, Lampe, Milos (lol), Nailon, a gimpy Dyess and a gimpy Houston. Now THAT'S althleticism! Forget about Steph, Q, Ariza, Nate, Lee and Frye. Those guys are frumpy tree stumps who are nailed to the floor. I can understand his anger!

it's ok, i don't expect someone w/o a sense of humor like you to understand the sarcasm in that signature...

btw, i don't know how many times i have to repeat that i liked the acquisitions of Craw, JYD, Nate, Lee, Steph & Ariza for you to get that either.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TheloniusMonk
USA
7/14/2005  2:59 PM
^^^^^^

Someone's testy!
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  3:00 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

^^^^^^

Someone's testy!

yeah, signing scrub players to longterm deals kinda has that effect on me...my bad.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by Marv:

What's the matter?

Sheesh!

LOL! Good sense of humor!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/14/2005  3:15 PM
5 years isn't long term...7 years is (see H20).

Shit, it seems like yesterday when lebron was drafted.

you seem devastated by the james signing, yet you love the craw, etc. pickups?

What move should isiah have made that you know for an absolute fact was a possibility?

When james made the playoffs, he made the most of his opportunity, when another highly touted player made it, he got kicked off his team.

James is a center. (that can block shots)

Kurt turned into Q Rich and Nate.

Frye is averaging 16/7 in the SL.

I'd say it's time to be happy for this team. Not pissed at a move that was basically the ONLY MOVE AVAILABLE!!!!
Posted by TMS:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

^^^^^^

Someone's testy!

yeah, signing scrub players to longterm deals kinda has that effect on me...my bad.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/14/2005 15:19:10]
all kool aid all the time.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  3:16 PM
I CAN NOT STOP LAUGHING!!!
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/14/2005 15:17:08]
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/14/2005  3:17 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

^^^^^^

Someone's testy!

I don't think TMS appreciates you calling him a testicle.

TMS - On your analogy
1. Isiah has no plan - I do beleive he has a plan. It is just a plan that you and others don't agree with.
2. newyorkers are never satisfied - I think it is a quality that makes NY great. Never settle for mediocrity or the status quo
3. apparently you're not a true Knicks fan if you voice your disapproval of a move made by your team's GM (you're allowed to disagree, but you must keep it to yourself at all times) - Sir, you are a true knick fan. And so are the people that see through rose colored glasses. Keeping it to yourself is not healthy. Gotta fart once in awhile.

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 07/14/2005 15:30:04]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  3:18 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

Sir, you are a true knick fan. And so are the people that see through rose colored glasses. Keeping it to yourself is not healthy. Gotta fart once in awhile.
LOL
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  3:26 PM
come on TMS...you have to admit, this team actually looks like a team.

Reezy, Craw, Marbs, Lee, Nate, Q, Frye...this is our team baby.

zeke if getting us a center, and the PF log jam will not be a log jam for long.

We now have a legit 7-1 275 center on our team...like a crappy ewing, but who cares...we don't need him to score or even touch the ball...we need him to guard his man and get some boards.

Yeah baby!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/14/2005  4:02 PM
All I gotta say is Sott Layden.....I hated every move he made. So did the entire basketball community.

Isiah is different. At least the Knicks are looking more like a team. The center and backcourt is set....he just has to get the 3-4 spots secure.....

It's coming believe me. Isiah has all the chips to make something happen.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  4:09 PM
keeping in mind he's been on the clock for all of 19 months.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/14/2005 16:12:09]
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  4:20 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

keeping in mind he's been on the clock for all of 19 months.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/14/2005 16:12:09]

what?! and he hasnt already turned Laydens mess around?! lol
things i learned today

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy