[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

switching gears...frye should now start at the PF spot
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/14/2005  2:34 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Ariza got significant minutes LAST year. He was coasting in Summer League. He's going to be fine. And Frye is ready to start.

Really - So you're telling me Ariza was given 25+ MPG? Wow, I didn't realize that. His whopping 17 MPG is fine for a rookie, but it's by no means "significant". And that was on a team that was horribly underachieving, with injuries to Houston and Crawford, and with Timmy playing like crap.

Ariza's a good player, but he's not ready to jump in just yet. I have absolutely no problem giving him 15-20 MPG, but that's all he'll be seeing, and possibly less if Larry Brown is coaching.

As far as the PF situation - do you honestly belive a starting PF of either Channing Frye or Mike Sweetney is gonna do us justice? Please, I realize you're a Knick fan, but open your eyes. Both are good for 15-20 MPG, just like Ariza, but if it was up to me, I'd waive Rose, and trade Sweetney along /w/ JYD or Penny + Draft Pick considerations for a REAL, PROVEN Big Man...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
7/14/2005  2:35 PM
thats so stupid, we drafted frye as a center now we using him as a 4? we should've taken green with 8th and taken blatche or taft and used them as 4. i dont dislike frye, but i hate the fact that this guy was drafted to be our future center and he just cant cut it and we are pluggin him as a 4. there were many more options we could have considered if we were just gonna draft a pf as our 1st pick.
bobs3304
7/14/2005  2:36 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

thats so stupid, we drafted frye as a center now we using him as a 4? we should've taken green with 8th and taken blatche or taft and used them as 4. i dont dislike frye, but i hate the fact that this guy was drafted to be our future center and he just cant cut it and we are pluggin him as a 4. there were many more options we could have considered if we were just gonna draft a pf as our 1st pick.

No there weren't...

But that's beside the point. He's not starting-caliber yet...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/14/2005 14:37:49]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

How do you know Mike Sweetney isn't ready? Herb Williams never gave him a legit fair chance.

right, it was Herb's fault that Sweetney got into early foul trouble & was 20 lbs overweight all last year...gotcha.

Even in games where Mike Sweetney didn't get into foul trouble, Herb Williams STILL didn't play him. And Sweets was not 20 lbs. over weight. Stop exagerating. What's your excuse for Herb not playing Sweets in 4th quarters when the season was clearly over?

Sweetney was playing in & around 285 all last year...that's not overweight for a 6'7" player to you? i would like him to be at 260 or around that...do the math.

& the point was that Sweetney isn't ready to start for a playoff contending team...the fact that Herb couldn't even find playing time for him when they were out of contention is more of a negative towards Sweetney if you ask me.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by crzymdups:

Ariza got significant minutes LAST year. He was coasting in Summer League. He's going to be fine. And Frye is ready to start.

Really - So you're telling me Ariza was given 25+ MPG? Wow, I didn't realize that. His whopping 17 MPG is fine for a rookie, but it's by no means "significant". And that was on a team that was horribly underachieving, with injuries to Houston and Crawford, and with Timmy playing like crap.

Ariza's a good player, but he's not ready to jump in just yet. I have absolutely no problem giving him 15-20 MPG, but that's all he'll be seeing, and possibly less if Larry Brown is coaching.

As far as the PF situation - do you honestly belive a starting PF of either Channing Frye or Mike Sweetney is gonna do us justice? Please, I realize you're a Knick fan, but open your eyes. Both are good for 15-20 MPG, just like Ariza, but if it was up to me, I'd waive Rose, and trade Sweetney along /w/ JYD or Penny + Draft Pick considerations for a REAL, PROVEN Big Man...

I think Isiah will explore trades for that big man at the trade deadline, whether he can find one? who knows? at least there are options.

As for Ariza, he started 12 games and played 22 minutes per game in January and February. If you're telling me that's not significant playing time for a second round draft pick - show me what is. He'll play 25mpg this year and may be the starting SF by November.

Frye is a player. He's ready to play. I'll be shocked if Frye gets less than 25mpg.
¿ △ ?
bobs3304
7/14/2005  2:43 PM
I agree that Isiah will be looking to deal for a proven 4/5 before the trading deadline.

I completely disagree, however, that Frye and Ariza are or will be ready to contribute more than 20 MPG next season...
crzymdups
USA
7/14/2005  2:45 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

I agree that Isiah will be looking to deal for a proven 4/5 before the trading deadline.

I completely disagree, however, that Frye and Ariza are or will be ready to contribute more than 20 MPG next season...

Fine, we can disagree, but just because we have veterans doesn't mean that they will ALL play. Herb hardly used JYD. I can see Mo Taylor rottnig on the bench next season.

Frye, Ariza and Nate will all play. Lee may have to carve out a role more, but the youth will play.
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  2:45 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

I agree that Isiah will be looking to deal for a proven 4/5 before the trading deadline
get ready for Antoine Walker.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bobs3304
7/14/2005  2:49 PM
Unfortunately, Walker isn't my idea of a proven 4/5. He's a proven 3/4. That's a big difference.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/14/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by bobs3304:

I agree that Isiah will be looking to deal for a proven 4/5 before the trading deadline
get ready for Antoine Walker.

I kind of want to laugh at that... but then I remember that we might actually do it
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  2:56 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

How do you know Mike Sweetney isn't ready? Herb Williams never gave him a legit fair chance.

right, it was Herb's fault that Sweetney got into early foul trouble & was 20 lbs overweight all last year...gotcha.

Even in games where Mike Sweetney didn't get into foul trouble, Herb Williams STILL didn't play him. And Sweets was not 20 lbs. over weight. Stop exagerating. What's your excuse for Herb not playing Sweets in 4th quarters when the season was clearly over?

Sweetney was playing in & around 285 all last year...that's not overweight for a 6'7" player to you? i would like him to be at 260 or around that...do the math.

& the point was that Sweetney isn't ready to start for a playoff contending team...the fact that Herb couldn't even find playing time for him when they were out of contention is more of a negative towards Sweetney if you ask me.

Where did you get 285 lbs.? I never heard or read that. And he's not 6'7" ... he's 6'8".

And Herb Williams not playing Mike Sweetney at the end of the season when we had no shot at the Playoffs is not a negative on Sweets. Did you forget Sweets won that game for us in Indiana dominating the 4th? Herb sat Sweets down because he's a stubborn and selfish and wanted to win meaningless games. He didn't care about developing our youth or improving our Draft position. Herb wanted to improve his loser record.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  2:57 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

He didn't care about developing our youth or improving our Draft position. Herb wanted to improve his loser record.

once again, that was all Isiah's call.
BigAppleStar3
USA
7/14/2005  2:57 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by bobs3304:

Fine, we can disagree, but just because we have veterans doesn't mean that they will ALL play. Herb hardly used JYD. I can see Mo Taylor rottnig on the bench next season.

Frye, Ariza and Nate will all play. Lee may have to carve out a role more, but the youth will play.

There is no evidence that Herb Williams will play our youth. Did he play them last year when the season was clearly over? Nope. I'm dead scared of Herb starting Malik Rose at PF and Allan Houston at SG if he's able to play.
BigAppleStar3
USA
7/14/2005  2:59 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

Audray Blatche and Chris Taft aren't ready to start or play either so what's your point? BTW, Taft is a bust. What is it with this board with the love fest for 18 year old athletic players with poor work ethic and low basketball IQ's? Why don't we call Leon Smith while we are at it!
BigAppleStar3
USA
7/14/2005  3:01 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

He didn't care about developing our youth or improving our Draft position. Herb wanted to improve his loser record.

I cannot believe that. How does that make sense? Why would Isiah Thomas want his youth rotting on the bench? Why would Zeke want Herb Williams to improve his record when the season was clearly over? It makes no sense to me.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  3:02 PM
Forgive them, most of the guys posting on this board are 18 or younger. Brigg, dj and Fissh are probably a few of the posters who are of age...
The true Knickabocker..........
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  3:03 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

I cannot believe that. How does that make sense? Why would Isiah Thomas want his youth rotting on the bench? Why would Zeke want Herb Williams to improve his record when the season was clearly over? It makes no sense to me.

dont you remember isiah saying he wanted his young players to earn their minutes?
bobs3304
7/14/2005  3:05 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Forgive them, most of the guys posting on this board are 18 or younger. Brigg, dj and Fissh are probably a few of the posters who are of age...

Funny, I could have sworn you were around 14-15.

I'm 19 btw. Just over your so-called "age limit".
crzymdups
USA
7/14/2005  3:06 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by diderotn:

ah, the internet, the great equalizer. man, now I feel old.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  3:07 PM
For a minute I thought that you were 8

Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by diderotn:

ah, the internet, the great equalizer. man, now I feel old.
The true Knickabocker..........
switching gears...frye should now start at the PF spot

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy