[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Being a Knick's Fan
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2005  1:48 PM
If Frye can't start at cener that the pick was a total mistake. The only reason he was picked over other players with more upside is because he was assumed to ready to play and start at center and thus fill a great need.

You people need to take your heads out of the sand and make up your freakin mind. Either IT did a good job and picked a guy who can start at C at least by the midway point of the season, or he passed up great talent to picke yet another PF!
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  1:51 PM
Posted by simrud:

If Frye can't start at cener that the pick was a total mistake.

what a joke, bogut is the only center taken in the draft that may be able to start. frye cant start in his 1st season. hilarious
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  1:58 PM
Posted by simrud:

If Frye can't start at cener that the pick was a total mistake. The only reason he was picked over other players with more upside is because he was assumed to ready to play and start at center and thus fill a great need.

You people need to take your heads out of the sand and make up your freakin mind. Either IT did a good job and picked a guy who can start at C at least by the midway point of the season, or he passed up great talent to picke yet another PF!

thank you...all i ever kept hearing out of Isiah's mouth was that Frye could come in & contribute right away & fill our need in the frontcourt...why the hell does he pick him if he's going to end up signing Jerome James to play C for this franchise? again, what's the plan? do we even have one?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  1:59 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by simrud:

thank you...all i ever kept hearing out of Isiah's mouth was that Frye could come in & contribute right away & fill our need in the frontcourt...why the hell does he pick him if he's going to end up signing Jerome James to play C for this franchise? again, what's the plan? do we even have one?

and he will contribute, but at least in his 1st season, it will be off the bench
simrud
USA
7/14/2005  4:04 PM
I thought it was a joke too, to imply that Frye can come in and start.

But that was the argument on this forum after the draft in an attempt to justify picking size over talent.

Sounds like people are just makin excuses for IT.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/14/2005  4:07 PM
I love you man!

Posted by roblackman:

Time for this gay robot to go. After the Knicks win 45 games next year and get to the second round of the playoffs I will be back to see who is still hating.
all kool aid all the time.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  4:08 PM
Size over talent? Nice try. It remains to be seen who was the most talented...but based on the SL results thus far, FRYE is BOTH.

Damn sim, and we were in agreement for like 4 months.
Posted by simrud:

I thought it was a joke too, to imply that Frye can come in and start.

But that was the argument on this forum after the draft in an attempt to justify picking size over talent.

Sounds like people are just makin excuses for IT.

simrud
USA
7/14/2005  4:15 PM
Frye is talented don't get me wrong, but I think Green and Granger were both more talented.

Either, only time will tell.

My beef is that people are changing their tune to accomodate every move IT makes.

It's not necesarily wrong to think Frye is the best pick, but if you think he is the best pick, over somebody like Green or whatever, then he should be starting on a team w/out a center.

I just don't like the fact that IT is gettin a free pass still, when he has done more trades and almost drafted more 1st rounders then Layeden arleady.

rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  4:17 PM
Good point, frye is our starting center, but now we don't have to throw him to the wolves...bringing the kid along slow can only benefit everyone.

James is a legit center, but I still see frye getting more minutes total to start the season and eventually more minutes at the 5.

It's the kool aid...it makes you say crazy things.

Don't get me wrong...james wasn't the best FA Center out there, but for what we paid, it's the best call for hte knicks.
simrud
USA
7/14/2005  4:20 PM
Thats fine by me, this whole Frye is a PF talk is pissin me of. If we wanted a PF we could have traded down for 2 picks and selected Simien and Petro or something.
roblackman
Member: #926
7/14/2005  4:21 PM
Posted by simrud:

Thats fine by me, this whole Frye is a PF talk is pissin me of. If we wanted a PF we could have traded down for 2 picks and selected Simien and Petro or something.

Maybe you need anger management, I think this goes deeper than basketball.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  4:26 PM
Posted by TMS:

i think it's obvious C3PO
I guess no one else figured it out either. Oh well.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
7/14/2005  4:33 PM
Hmm. I don't know if fans ever gave unconditional support to every player on the team. Now we just have more outlets to express ourselves, including the internet. It certainly seems like some people expend far too much energey "hating" a professional basketball player.

Most players are flawed in some way. The truly gifted player is a rare thing. I think we forget that. But I can't blame people for expressing dislike for lazy or unaccomplished players like KVH or TT. Look at what these guys are getting paid.

It does bug me when people decide to mount a campaign against a rookie though. These guys haven't been around enough and haven't had enough chance to develop for us to be saying they "suck".
https:// It's not so hard.
Being a Knick's Fan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy