[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Being a Knick's Fan
Author Thread
roblackman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #926
7/14/2005  12:35 PM
Being a Knick's fan I've always rooted for the players who were on the team REGARDLESS of how they got there or if there were better players available. I don't understand bashing players who are on the team, of course every player has his shortcomings, but why drive it home every chance you get? I'm excited about the Knicks next year and I'm rooting for every player on that roster. I think that's how fans used to be until the internet age where everyone suddenly becomes a player scout and virtual gm. I'm guilty of it too but I'm not proud of it. I think we only should criticize players based on their performance while they are in a Knick uniform. For those who have yet to play a game as a Knick why don't we first give them a chance? I can't stand all the piss-poor attitudes of some of the alleged fans who seem to be more a fan of their own scouting abilities and predictions than the team.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/14/2005  12:38 PM
Welcome to NY sports.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
roblackman
7/14/2005  12:41 PM
Posted by martin:

Welcome to NY sports.

Welcome to sports in America.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  12:49 PM
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by martin:

Welcome to NY sports.

nah, certain teams' fans are particularly harsh, new york being one of them.
roblackman
7/14/2005  1:10 PM

But wasn't there a time when fans cheered for the Herb Williams' and the Chris Dudley's despite their ineffectiveness? If we had either of those players on the team now fans would be screaming bloody murder to get rid of them... I think the easy availability of stats has overshadowed the intangibles that player's bring to teams such as having good character.

[Edited by - roblackman on 07/14/2005 13:10:17]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  1:19 PM
Posted by roblackman:

Being a Knick's fan I've always rooted for the players who were on the team REGARDLESS of how they got there or if there were better players available. I don't understand bashing players who are on the team, of course every player has his shortcomings, but why drive it home every chance you get? I'm excited about the Knicks next year and I'm rooting for every player on that roster. I think that's how fans used to be until the internet age where everyone suddenly becomes a player scout and virtual gm. I'm guilty of it too but I'm not proud of it. I think we only should criticize players based on their performance while they are in a Knick uniform. For those who have yet to play a game as a Knick why don't we first give them a chance? I can't stand all the piss-poor attitudes of some of the alleged fans who seem to be more a fan of their own scouting abilities and predictions than the team.

dude, relax...anyone who's a knick fan & watches the games are going to be rooting for the players to do well, regardless if his name is Tim Thomas, Jerome James, Chris Dudley, Charles Smith or anyone else...doesn't mean we all have to bow down to every move the GM makes like a gay robot as if Isiah can do no wrong in our eyes...we're allowed to have opinions...this is a freakin sports message board...why else are you here?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/14/2005  1:19 PM
Posted by roblackman:

But wasn't there a time when fans cheered for the Herb Williams' and the Chris Dudley's despite their ineffectiveness? If we had either of those players on the team now fans would be screaming bloody murder to get rid of them... I think the easy availability of stats has overshadowed the intangibles that player's bring to teams such as having good character.

[Edited by - roblackman on 07/14/2005 13:10:17]

Good point.

The internet is the devil!!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
roblackman
7/14/2005  1:22 PM
dude, relax...anyone who's a knick fan & watches the games are going to be rooting for the players to do well, regardless if his name is Tim Thomas, Jerome James, Chris Dudley, Charles Smith or anyone else...doesn't mean we all have to bow down to every move the GM makes like a gay robot as if Isiah can do no wrong in our eyes...we're allowed to have opinions...this is a freakin sports message board...why else are you here?

As a gay robot I'm offended by that comment. Anyway, my point is that people are being too myopic--using stats to destroy players who haven't even seen action on the Knicks without even mentioning what value they may be to the team.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2005  1:23 PM
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by martin:

Welcome to NY sports.

Welcome to instint gradification Generica!
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2005  1:26 PM
The reason we rooted for the likes of Dudley and Herb is becaue they played hard. They were bad but it was because they simply did not have the god given talent, or were really old by the time they got here.

Players like TT, whom I hate, is perfect example of why you hate a player on your team. He is a lazy bum who plays like a girl, or let me correct myelf, worse then a girl, as there are some good plaers in the wnba lol.

As for not likin new players, its not about not liking the players, its about not liking the cap situation. If there was no cap, I would not care one bit about gettin a bum like James for freakin maximum.

And another thing, we have seen these playes before, in James' case for several season in the NBA and he was always a joke. Just because he on our team doesn mean I have to liek a player I have no respect for.

I don't care if Reggie suddenly comes back andjoins the Knicks, I will alwasy hate him. Same for Tim Hardaway. Some guys you just can't stand.

And the thing is, many fans are very knowlegable about basketball, and they can see when a move is being made not to better the team, but for hype and ticekt sales.

And finally, this forum is for discussing the team, if you don't feel like discussin the team whats the point of coming here?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnySpree

7/14/2005  1:28 PM
Well as a Knicks fan coming up just before Bernard got hurt....I always went around saying, "the Knicks will never get a player like that".

The Best team I could remember was the one with Gerald, X-man, etc......Then Riley came over and rebuild the team in his image.....that to me is the root of all my frustration.

I don't feel like bring up Layden's nonsense.......but nowadays? I gotta tell you.....it feels great to be a Knick fan.

Alot of people out there are so blinded by the media when some of the big guys are Twits like Stephen A. Smith, Lupica, Berman, Isola, Chad Ford, etc......you can't believe these guys.

Isiah has done his job in my opinion because he has brought excitement back to the team even though it hasn't had a chance to show in the Win column.......there is just a electicity that is flowing in NY now about basketball again....Knick basketball.

I'm enjoying the ride.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
roblackman
Posted by simrud:

Players like TT, whom I hate, is perfect example of why you hate a player on your team. He is a lazy bum who plays like a girl, or let me correct myelf, worse then a girl, as there are some good plaers in the wnba lol.

Is that the kind of brilliant analysis we've come to accept?
TMS
USA
Posted by roblackman:

As a gay robot I'm offended by that comment.

lol...sorry dude...how insensitive of me.
Anyway, my point is that people are being too myopic--using stats to destroy players who haven't even seen action on the Knicks without even mentioning what value they may be to the team.

trust me, my criticism of the James acquisition doesn't stem from me not having seem them in action...i've seen what type of player Jerome James is, & he's definitely not the type of player i envisioned when Isiah was going off about the type of team he planned to build here...Nate Rob? David Lee? Jamal Crawford? these guys all follow along that plan, so i was OK w/him going after those guys...i'm not a perpetual complainer like some on this board are...but when i see a move that i don't agree with or understand, i'm not going to be shy about voicing that fact.

like i always say, in the end we're all Knick fans afterall & we all want this team to succeed...some of us just have different views on how that success could better be achieved.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  1:32 PM
roblackman is a gay robot too? Cool, we're growing in #s. Who else is a gay robot? Which one is the one you were referring to who thinks Isiah can do no wrong?
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  1:36 PM
i think it's obvious C3PO
EnySpree

7/14/2005  1:37 PM
[IMG_block] http://images.windowsmedia.com/img/prov_w/300_80/054391605467.jpg [/IMG_block]

lol this is a real song made by Adam Sandler, lol.

roblackman
7/14/2005  1:38 PM
Time for this gay robot to go. After the Knicks win 45 games next year and get to the second round of the playoffs I will be back to see who is still hating.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2005  1:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by simrud:

Is that the kind of brilliant analysis we've come to accept?

So you like TT?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  1:43 PM
Posted by roblackman:

Time for this gay robot to go. After the Knicks win 45 games next year and get to the second round of the playoffs I will be back to see who is still hating.

i'd rather have stayed w/what we had, developed our young guys, & end up w/favorable lottery position along w/better cap flexibility in a couple year's time, but that's just me...if you're happy w/another 45 win season & the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs w/no shot at winning a championship anytime soon, be my guest...i've already been there & done that my entire life rooting for this franchise.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  1:46 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'd rather have stayed w/what we had, developed our young guys, & end up w/favorable lottery position along w/better cap flexibility in a couple year's time, but that's just me...if you're happy w/another 45 win season & the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs w/no shot at winning a championship anytime soon, be my guest...i've already been there & done that my entire life rooting for this franchise.

once again, you are kidding yourself if you think frye can start at center
Being a Knick's Fan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy