[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Im not going to dis Isiah
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2005  12:01 PM
just because i would prefered the direction of th Lkers doesnt mean i dont think he has done a good job.

one thing that will really help us is that reality that we went fron the smallest fl to on of the biggest, and that by itself will help the defense. we had a very solid draft we have a lot of high qulaity depth, as long as Frye and James play UP to capabilties, this club could very well be good. If James is just a contract signer who is now willing to lay down and things dont mesh because of the over crowded backcourt-well thats that. but on face value the team now has a very realistic chnce to get into the playoffs and do damage.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/14/2005  12:07 PM
wow... i'm suprised you feel this way. James just scares me... with his suspect history of mailing it in I think a shorter contract would ensure he plays and works harder.

If you want to go glass half full we have size and we have playmakers. We have big bodies to throw around and Frye and James give you a 7'1/6'11 duo at C/PF. Nate/Crawford/MArbury give you good playmakers also. Maybe a good coach does get something out of this group. Heck, if Sea could win 50+ games last year you never know. I'm going to curb my enthusiasm with this one though...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2005  12:08 PM
my problem is the ceiling on this team has just been lowered considerably. With Kwame and Frye, who cares what we do this year, it's the year after that and the year after that.

I'm not sure the Lakers will gel with Kobe having to nurse Bynum and KWame, but they certainly have a TALENTED frontcourt - Bynum, Kwame, Odom, Turiaf, shoot even Mihm.

I'm happy with Frye over Bynum still, but I think passing on Kwame for Q is something we'll regret for years. I'd love to be proved wrong by Q and James. I hope I'm wrong.
¿ △ ?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  12:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

just because i would prefered the direction of th Lkers doesnt mean i dont think he has done a good job.

one thing that will really help us is that reality that we went fron the smallest fl to on of the biggest, and that by itself will help the defense. we had a very solid draft we have a lot of high qulaity depth, as long as Frye and James play UP to capabilties, this club could very well be good. If James is just a contract signer who is now willing to lay down and things dont mesh because of the over crowded backcourt-well thats that. but on face value the team now has a very realistic chnce to get into the playoffs and do damage.
I love optimism in the off-season. I am not as negative about this team as most and I think you make an excellent point about our frontline. I really hope Jerome James works out. He better not turn into the next TT.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  12:09 PM
holy schnikeys - dido hacked into briggs pc !!!!!

at the end of the day, it all comes down to how effective sweets and frye are for us.

#8 seed is probably where we are right now, with a ceiling of #6/5.

james WILL help us but i'm still not happy at the 5 years nor do i think it will help us long term.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/14/2005  12:09 PM
I'll diss him.

Isiah is leading the team to perpetual mediocrity, which is the worst thing to be in the NBA.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2005  12:12 PM
The more guys like james we add to this team and the talk of walker just scare me. That means less time for our young guys. that is not a good thing..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  12:32 PM
Posted by fishmike:

wow... i'm suprised you feel this way. James just scares me... with his suspect history of mailing it in I think a shorter contract would ensure he plays and works harder.

If you want to go glass half full we have size and we have playmakers. We have big bodies to throw around and Frye and James give you a 7'1/6'11 duo at C/PF. Nate/Crawford/MArbury give you good playmakers also. Maybe a good coach does get something out of this group. Heck, if Sea could win 50+ games last year you never know. I'm going to curb my enthusiasm with this one though...

at the end of the day im a huge knick fan. things are done now, there is no more draft bynum or trade for kwame we have our guys and the best way to look at it is from the upside. i said i wouldve rather gone in a different direction, i dont necessarily agree with what we did, BUT if things work out we should be fine.

we do have a big frontline with depth we do have a solid backcourt with high quality depth injuries can be sustained, play should not fall off from the back ups.

worse case scenario is there is a mess of confusion in the backcourt people continue to shoot under 40 james lays down frye is a foul machine sweetney come sin at 320 taylor gets caught doing tokes and nate robinson quits to pursue a career in the nFL

and then the middle ground:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/14/2005  12:38 PM
this team is going no where until we draft a super stud from the draft class of 2007 - cross reference the stud Center list for that class that i posted a while back - or if lebron james comes on board in his prime.
SkyWalker
Member: #814
7/14/2005  12:40 PM

I'm happy with Frye over Bynum still, but I think passing on Kwame for Q is something we'll regret for years. I'd love to be proved wrong by Q and James. I hope I'm wrong.
[/quote]

Dude, are you serious? Do you really think the Wizards offered Kwame for Q? Because I would like to know how YOU know that we passed on Kwame for Q. Do you work for the Knicks? I haven't heard anywhere that we could have had Kwame for Q. So you are saying that The Wizards sent Kwame to LA for Butler only after the Knicks turned down their offer for Q?? I want to make sure I understand correctly.
Kenny SkyWalker
OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
7/14/2005  12:42 PM
Posted by Rich:

Isiah is leading the team to perpetual mediocrity

I don't agree with that. Isiah has improved the overall talent level of this team since he took over. I just don't like the route he took in dealing for marbs/TT/JC&JYD/Taylor/etc. He should have simply let contracts expire and rebuilt thru draft & FA signing from the beginning. He definetely took a 180 degre turn this summer in terms of his approach to improve the team. Now we have a major logjam at PF and old over-paid players AGAIN. But what happened happened, and I am excited with the young players we have. I'm intersted in what Isiah will do next. I hope that he does NOT add more vets like walker.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  12:45 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

well then what DOES it mean, BRIGGS? i mean you were on the boards through the entire offseason second guessing Isiah's past moves & how nothing had changed since Layden's era...does Jerome James' signing fall in line w/anything Isiah has said since he's been our GM?

imo, if Isiah wanted to get bigger & more physical, then signing James makes some sense...but then they should have kept KT as well, & traded Crawford for Q...are you happy with the wishy washy execution of the so-called plan to get younger & more athletic?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  12:49 PM
Posted by Rich:

I'll diss him.

Isiah is leading the team to perpetual mediocrity, which is the worst thing to be in the NBA.
I don't understand how a team could ever be stuck in mediocrity when it has EIGHT talented young guys 25 and under
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
7/14/2005  12:53 PM
Posted by SkyWalker:
I haven't heard anywhere that we could have had Kwame for Q.

This was reported in the papers yesterday.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
SkyWalker
7/14/2005  12:55 PM
Posted by TMS:

imo, if Isiah wanted to get bigger & more physical, then signing James makes some sense...but then they should have kept KT as well, & traded Crawford for Q...are you happy with the wishy washy execution of the so-called plan to get younger & more athletic?

Dude, Why should they have traded Crawford for Q? IT wants to get more athletic and younger but that doesn't mean all 14 guys that IT puts on the roster need to fit that bill. Would you rather have 12 incredible athletes all right out of highschool then? Would that make you happy? I mean then we would be younger and more athletic. Or is it ok, to realize that you need a little toughness and a guy like James could be valuable in different matchups. The Knicks desperately need a guy who will knock you to the floor if you try driving down the lane. Remember the old knicks in the 90s? James is more athletic than KT and Younger.
Kenny SkyWalker
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  1:04 PM
would i prefer 12 incredible athletes right out of HS? ummm...yeah.

James fits into a slowed down, halfcourt style game...he played on SEA last year, but he fits better on a team like the Spurs, Pistons, Pacers, Cavs, etc.

if Isiah wanted to go bigger & more physical, then here's a team i could understand:

C - James
PF - KT
SF - TT
SG - Q
PG - Marbury

at least that team follows along w/the idea (w/the exception of TT but he's here regardless)...but don't give me the crap about getting younger & more athletic & bring in guys like Malik Rose, Mo Taylor & Jerome James...that's the definition of being wishy washy...do i remember the knicks of the 90's? umm...yeah...we had Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Starks & Harper...guess what? they all fit into a certain ideal of getting physical, defensive minded players...the current team we have now is a mish mosh of 2 completely different mindsets mashed together onto the same roster to win just enough games to sell tickets & keep the ownership happy (& this franchise in mediocrity for the next several years)

congratufreakinlations SkyWalker...really.

[Edited by - TMS on 07/14/2005 13:05:43]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
SkyWalker
7/14/2005  1:32 PM
tms,
Why does it have to be all or nothing?? Why does it have to be very young and athletic or old, tough defensive minded?? Look at our team now. IT has done a good job of making us younger and more ahletic. Does that mean we can't have any players that are a little older and more defensive minded? I'm not thrilled but Malik got us David Lee and Malik can still produce effectively if we should need him and is a great guy in the locker room. He is not a cancer. Taylor, I understand your anger. Maybe IT saw something in him and likes to have him around in case young guys dont perform or go down in injuries. Not such a great pickup however. However, the Knicks need a center this season or a legitimate big body. James is not ideal but its not the end of the world? Would you rather go with Frye as the starting center? When the Knicks do eventually get a good center James will be a very solid backup. Until then, he will likely be the starter.
Kenny SkyWalker
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  1:33 PM
I just checked jerome james has 2 double doubles in a 162 game career.

thats not a good ratio!
RIP Crushalot😞
SkyWalker
7/14/2005  1:35 PM
ok, now that Briggs brought that to my attention, I would like to change my opinion. TERRIBLE SIGNING.
Kenny SkyWalker
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  1:36 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I just checked jerome james has 2 double doubles in a 162 game career.

thats not a good ratio!
How many did Nazy have before joining the Knicks?
Also, I'm assuming that doesn't include the playoffs.
Also, how many double doubles do you expect a 15 to 20 mpg role player to have?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/14/2005 13:36:51]
Im not going to dis Isiah

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy